Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
akujin

need help in California

Can anyone recommend a good Derm in the California Bay Area? I spent over $100 on one before who only told me not to drink soda and eat chocolate, and I am seriously financially impaired so it was a very bad situation. But I'm 26 and I've had persistent acne since I was about 12 and I can't take it anymore. I've been through all the over-the-counter-meds and several prescriptions and health supplements to no avail. I need a derm who will take me seriously even though my acne probably isn't technically considered severe. Because it completely controls my entire outlook and self confidence, and it's taken enough of my life! ><

How severe is your acne? Is it mostly pustules, or is it non-inflamatory?

I was initially seeing a Kaiser derm, who prescribed topicals for me that made my skin worse. I was really unhappy with their services there as well, so I decided to try another plan. I started seeing an esthetician in San Leandro who specializes in treating acne. She's been doing it for awhile and she is very good. Under her skin care plan for me, the clusters of acne that i had on my chin cleared up in a matter of weeks. I have been seeing her for about 5 1/2 wks now and am really happy with the results so far. It can be a bit expensive at first, as you generally need to use her line of products and you go in for facials every 2 wks. But, its worth it! My skin is in much better shape than it was when I was seeing the derm. She says a lot of derms really don't have much training in treating acne. She says she has a 95% success rate in treating acne and that most people clear up within 8-12 weeks.

If you are interested, I'd be happy to give you more info and the link to her website. You can send me a personal message if you want, and I can tell you more about my experiences. I also have a log under the regimen section on this messageboard.