Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest yoyoma

Old friends reminding you of how good you are...

Guest yoyoma

Ah..yes, haven't posted any emo crap for a while...but here goes:

As I grow older I noticed that I am not as confident as I used to be..weird considering as you grow older supposedly you're more assured about yourself, right? Well...as far as personality, I've always been the same...a kid at heart and social person that I am, etc...and funny thing is my ooold oold friend from Highschool found me through friendster and we've been chatting quite a bit and just yesterday I told her that "Yeah I'm gonna go for laser, etc.." She's like..."Huh? Laser? For what? You don't need it" and later on she's like "Yeah..I've always known you to be a cool guy and you've always managed to take care of your appearance, etc..etc..."

Man....thank goodness for those old friends that reminds you of the good old days

Ok...emo done.

Oh..like the friends you've grown up with your entire life, you basically slept over their house the entire summer and did stupid things?

Yeah...now that I have acne I dont hang around with them anymore.

Yeah i been feelin worse as i get older.. I wish i had friends like yours. My prediction is maybe, maybe in 5 years i'll still be talking to 1 old friend, or else i wont ever hear from any of them again.

Guest yoyoma

Hmmm I'm not doing to bad to think of it.

One friend I talk to everyday..known him for 14 years

Another friend (in a different country)...email him once in a while, he's my junior high school buddy (plus ex-business partner, etc..)

A couple of my other friends I hang out probably once a month (sometimes more) and I have known them for about five years.

One of my other friend (since highschool) just reconnected

Another friend I have known for about three years.

I'd say I probably have about 10-12 people in my 'friends' list, the rest fall into acquaintances.

They did a study on men (not sure why they didn't do that on women) who have more than TWO friends (not including romantic partner) outside of their worker, they can consider themselves quite 'succesful' in maintaining friendships and have lower rate of depression...so they say.