Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dranem

CSR 2 months in, 1 side clear, one side a little better

English is my first language but not my strong point in life.

Hi ive been on the CSR using the following products for about 2 months now.

Cleanser - Cetaphil for oily skin (walmart in canada)

BP- dan's bp (internet, dan's site)

Moisturizer - Cetaphil -- I use this very sparingly, maybe once or twice a week. Or if i need it. (wal mart in canada)

i would cleanse,wait 20 min, bp,wait an hour, moisturize if needed, i needed to wait an hour because my skin would burn if i put the moisturizer on that early after the BP.

Anyways, in the first few weeks i had slowly ramped up the BP and my face was burning for maybe 4 - 6 hours after application. No moisturizer could help me, as i was moisturizing reguarly at this time. In the comming weeks i had to slow down on the cetaphil, and it did reduce redness. My skin is extremly oily and i guess it dosnt like using too much moisturizer. Most burning went away.

And then i had mild acne on my upper neck, jaw line, forehead, nose, cheeks and side cheeks, and the temples.

2 months later and 2 BP tubes later, On both sides my neck acne and jawline acne is 100% gone with MAYBE some faded red marks if i looked hard. My forhead is doing very good and my left temple is doing very good.

Here's where its very funny. The left side of my face is completly clear, but the right side of my face has usually 2-3 whiteheads that last maybe 3 days. I don't pick at my whiteheads because they heals slower, allthough the white of the whitehead disappears slower.

I do sleep on the side of my face (yes the side with acne), so it probably is my sleep that causes that side to breakout (especially since ~75% of my acne appears overnight).

I'm going to stick with the CSR but with very little moisturizer.

Oh and i had blackheads that are now fading...

Maybe another report in another month.

Some imput would be appreciated.

It sounds like you're doing a good job. Applying the moisturizer sparingly is good if your face gets oily. As far as the pimples on one side of the face, it happens. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

The redness you described happens to me also. Right after I use moisturizer. I guess I should wait to put it on.

Week 8 -

Still geting 2-3 active pimples at a time in week 8, but the pimples are on average smaller.

Forehead, temples, and chin line clear. Pimple just on the cheeks now.

I DID spend 4 hours in the car last week on a trip to Montreal, and apparently pimples can take 2 weeks to surface so that might be the cause.

Learning to drive you see, so I can't avoid being in the car.

Sleeping with one side of your face on the pillow.

A short story: Months back i had my bed in the middle of my room and would sleep on either side of my face equally. Then I place my bed against the wall. I loved sleeping on the wall side of my side... and start to only ever sleep on the right side of my face. I went from having equal acne on both side of my face... to having my left side clear up... and my right side get much worse.

I suggest trying to sleep on your back. However don't ask me how this is done. I looked all over the net for help with trying to sleep on my back, but I was never able to do it. I would either wake up choking as soon as i fell asleep... or my jaw would fall open and I would begin to loudly snore which would wake me up.

I gave up with sleeping on my back, and instead of using a soft pillow which covers the entire half of my face... I have put a pillow case around a thin blanket i have folded up. It makes for a hard surface... and when i put my face on it... it touches much less surface area. I also bought about 10 white pillow covers, and wash them often. I use a pillow cover for 2 nights. One side one night... the opposite side the next... then get clean pillow cover the next.

2 and a half months in,

i was completly clear for a few days, but my neck started to kill me due to the awkard positioning of my sleep.

I go back to sleeping normal, and tada i break out again, but only minor.

Yeah, I'm a side-sleeper too, but after reading on here that you should try not to sleep w/your face next to the pillow, I've become a back-sleeper. I HATE IT!!! It's not hurting my neck & I don't snore or choke (you poor thing!), but it does hurt my back sometimes and my sleep is not as restful. Oh, the price we pay! :rolleyes:

I don't like sleeping on my back. For some reason, not only my back but also my stomach gets sore. Plus I like curling up to sleep. SoI try to sleep on the side with the least acne on that particular night. Doesn't really help though cause in the middle of the night I toss and turn and end up back on the other side anyways. Maybe someone can invent curved beds that allow you to sleep curled up but on your back.