Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is the darn scar which has plagued me since my early twenties which is the time I first realized it was there. Started out as an icepick. After a dermabrasion, it is now a saucer, boxcar... on the large side and right in the apple of my cheek. Impossible to hide or cover up. I have had several smoothbeams as well as a few other procedures. I have contemplated a pucnch excision but since this is a fatty area of the cheek, I expect to be left with a dimple of some sort and since there are a few smaller scars around it, I have opted to try tca cross. I have tried it 3-4 times. The first time I felt was not a success since the formula was weak . I felt after the 3rd or really second successful try, after several weeks, I began to see some improvements. Some will swear off tca and I hope it does not prove to be toxic or cancerous in the future but I think it has given me the best results. While on a purging binge a while back, I deleted all of my closeup before pics of the scar but I will take suggestions on what may be a good option. The closest Dr. who offers Fraxel is 115 miles away and I am leary of dishing out 1000 per session for minimal results. This is at close up with a flash and looks worse in person. My 41 year old skin is still OILY!!!

This is the darn scar which has plagued me since my early twenties which is the time I first realized it was there. Started out as an icepick. After a dermabrasion, it is now a saucer, boxcar... on the large side and right in the apple of my cheek. Impossible to hide or cover up. I have had several smoothbeams as well as a few other procedures. I have contemplated a pucnch excision but since this is a fatty area of the cheek, I expect to be left with a dimple of some sort and since there are a few smaller scars around it, I have opted to try tca cross. I have tried it 3-4 times. The first time I felt was not a success since the formula was weak . I felt after the 3rd or really second successful try, after several weeks, I began to see some improvements. Some will swear off tca and I hope it does not prove to be toxic or cancerous in the future but I think it has given me the best results. While on a purging binge a while back, I deleted all of my closeup before pics of the scar but I will take suggestions on what may be a good option. The closest Dr. who offers Fraxel is 115 miles away and I am leary of dishing out 1000 per session for minimal results. This is at close up with a flash and looks worse in person. My 41 year old skin is still OILY!!!

I am doing cross as well. I spilled some of the acid on good skin as posted, wondering if it will scar when it peels?

I have tried everything too, and heard Fraxyl is useless.

Although my 99% solution I think is weakened down, the parts spilled sure frosted.

It is day 2 and I see some browning scabs forming, and some enlarged pores look much better.

Some may be worse, some may be better, we shall see.

I don't think it is cancerous, it has been used on whole faces for years. Just be sure to wear sunscreen!!

I had an excision, and it dimpled, and took alot of work to get it OK. It still isn't perfect. I had some punch graphting done, and some warped. So I TCA'd that as well. We'll see after it peels. Some punch graphs can die as well....and develop acne underneath! Stuff has to get out from under, especally if you had acne to cause the scar. So years ago, I went through alot of depression with these methods.

Excision is ok if it is in an area that has very tight pores, otherwise no way! For me anyway.

Let me know as your cross tx. progress!!!

Thanks!

I am doing cross as well. I spilled some of the acid on good skin as posted, wondering if it will scar when it peels?

Although my 99% solution I think is weakened down, the parts spilled sure frosted.

It is day 2 and I see some browning scabs forming, and some enlarged pores look much better.

I don't think it is cancerous, it has been used on whole faces for years. Just be sure to wear sunscreen!!

I had an excision, and it dimpled, and took alot of work to get it OK. It still isn't perfect. I had some punch graphting done, and some warped. So I TCA'd that as well. We'll see after it peels. Some punch graphs can die as well....and develop acne underneath! Stuff has to get out from under, especally if you had acne to cause the scar. So years ago, I went through alot of depression with these methods.

Excision is ok if it is in an area that has very tight pores, otherwise no way! For me anyway.

Thanks!

get an injection they are instant since it seems u want quick results wont last longer then 6 monthes so im told but about $200 a year im pretty sure u can diminished ur scar to practically nothing since thats wut injections r for, just dont fuck it up if u try and do it urself lol

Thanks!

get an injection they are instant since it seems u want quick results wont last longer then 6 monthes so im told but about $200 a year im pretty sure u can diminished ur scar to practically nothing since thats wut injections r for, just dont fuck it up if u try and do it urself lol

Thank you I did. Restilyn. And It moved because this is an active part of your face, also because of the scar tissue underneath, it moves to the side. Making it worse. It is so impossible to get it diretly it where it is supposed to go because of the scar tissue underneath.......esp. an incision...New......even old.....!!!!

Did well on one scar, a depressed one and have not had to repeat the injection in 18 months. Looks great, 3rd tx. in the lat 3 years....and stil is plump!

Thanks much for the input!

Thanks!

Thank you I did. Restilyn. And It moved because this is an active part of your face, also because of the scar tissue underneath, it moves to the side. Making it worse. It is so impossible to get it diretly it where it is supposed to go because of the scar tissue underneath.......esp. an incision...New......even old.....!!!!

Did well on one scar, a depressed one and have not had to repeat the injection in 18 months. Looks great, 3rd tx. in the lat 3 years....and stil is plump!

Thanks much for the input!

[/quot

Oh!!!!!!!!

Injections dont get rid of "pocks" or enlarged pores though. Too bad!!!!!

Sorry my pic did not upload. It said the file was too large no matter how many times I cropped. I am unsure how to resize with the kodak softwear except for cropping. I tried collagen injections but since the scar has raised edges, it didn't do alot of good. I don't think it would be considered an icepick since the bottom is clearly visible and it doesn't seem very deep but still in the worst place for a scar. I cannot believe I've had to live my life with this bad scar. I have always wanted nice smooth cheeks and can live with a few small scars but one in the apple of the cheek is horrible. The dermabrasion back in my late twenties proved to smooth out the rest of my skin but left this scar more shallow and larger. I am leary of alot of plastic surgeons especially the one who opted to "cut the scar and make it a line scar. He had an obvious conspicuous rhinoplasty. Possibly not his fault but I couldn't trust my face to a plastic surgeon with a bad nose job. I think I saw the best results after waiting around 7-8 weeks in between crosses. I hate to gauge percentages of improvement. I would venture to say 20% possibly since after the second cross, I felt the scar looked like a huge crater, after the "successful third" , it seemed more like just a pesky scar which is larger than any other on my face. I do plan on doing more Smoothbeam since I can get several for the cost of one fraxel and I think it really improves the overall skintone and texture but doesn't do wonders for conspicous scars. The plumping effect is nice and I think it was almost like having a mini face lift for others who are in their late 30's and up. I am objective in saying I probably appear to be in my early thirties. It could have been the dermabrasion, constant peels and 6 smoothbeams I had.... One thing is for sure... tca won't do it alone and is a slow process. Peace.

P.S. I would gladly plunk over a few grand to rid myself of this scar once and for all but I don't think it is possible even for a few thousand. Five thousand for fraxel is a different story. :hand:

Hopefully the tca on the good skin won't be an issue, it may be a bit red for a while but it may depend on how "tough" your skin is. If you do peels alot and have developed a slight resistance, then it shouldn't leave a mark but be careful and baby the area untill it heals up.

Hi , have you tried subcision or saline injections? You say theres scar tissue underneath the skin and filler doesn't work right, maybe if TCA cross doesn't break up the scar tissue try these others methods and then filler.

]