Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyerwithacne

Green Cream - Sensitive Skin Beware!

I ordered Green Cream after a ton of positive reviews and I must say it did not work well for me at all. I was really hopeful that it would clear up the lovely pimples that sprouted on my chin just in time for a huge client presentation, but after only a few treatments (3 or 4) my skin ended up burned - red, irritated, and itchy. It was so bad today that I had to make an emergency trip to the dermatologist, and since I couldn't get a referral in time I had to pay the entire $200 consultation fee. I also ended up buying all of his products to try to calm my skin down as the Clinique line that had been working ok absolutely broke down for me these last few months.

I hope Green Cream works better for others than it did for me. I guess the "sensitive" stuff just isn't sensitive enough for skin like mine.

retinoids are rough in the beginning but take 3 or so months to work. You can't make a judgment on a treatment after only 3 or 4 uses.

DId you start off using it once every three or so nights?

Did you use a pea size amount for your whole face?

Did you start off with level 3?

So on and so on...

I used just enough to spread it around and only put it on the parts of my skin that were bad. I did start with Level 3 and never progressed beyond that. I don't know if my skin is not freaking out to the Cortisone that the dermatologist prescribed to try to treat the retinol damage or the from the result of the retinol itself but I spent the entire day at work with huge white flakes of skin falling off. Whatever it is my chin hurts/itches like crazy and I have made 2 emergency calls to the dermatologist in the past 24 hours just to make sure it isn't getting worse. There is no wayI am going back to Green Cream. I don't mean to say that it won't work for some but I hope that other people with very sensitive skin will learn from my experience and not have to go through what I am right now.

I used just enough to spread it around and only put it on the parts of my skin that were bad. I did start with Level 3 and never progressed beyond that.

And you used it how often? Every day?