Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clyde

need some info on needling

HI im am very interested in self skin needling , and want to start soon but need to find out some info first.

1. what kind of needles should I be using and where would i find them ?

2.How often should I be doing this ( how many times a month)

3. How long is the recovery between each session?

4. Is it alright to use Retin A (tazorac) while doing this ?

Thanks so much your feedback will be much appreciated!

HI im am very interested in self skin needling , and want to start soon but need to find out some info first.

1. what kind of needles should I be using and where would i find them ?

2.How often should I be doing this ( how many times a month)

3. How long is the recovery between each session?

4. Is it alright to use Retin A (tazorac) while doing this ?

Thanks so much your feedback will be much appreciated!

1- Use diabetic syringes ( needles). 30 Gauge. They are available without a prescription ( in California anyway) at places like Walgreens and Longs Drug stores.

2- Do not needle the same scar more than one session per month. In fact, I am now waiting up to six weeks to do my next session. Collagen needs at least, at a minimum, one month post needling to begin to reform. This is crucial. If you do not follow this guidline you will recieve zero results.

3- For me I did not have even one day of down time. This might be becuase I only have three scars I am needling. And they are easily covered up on me with some of my wifes powder make-up. Your scars will be red for 3 to 4 days before they revert back. Also, you might initially see what appears to be a worsening of the scars. Bigger, deeper. THIS IS TEMPORARY. By the second week they should be shrinking.

4- I have started to use copper pepetides after my needling session. I don't know about retin -a.

James

Thank you Healtysceptic for your quick reply your info will be very helpful. Can you tell me what bennefits copper pepptides have and where to find them ( not sure what they are pill, crem) ?

Thank you Healtysceptic for your quick reply your info will be very helpful. Can you tell me what bennefits copper pepptides have and where to find them ( not sure what they are pill, crem) ?

Copper peptides is a topical treatment available almost anywhere. It is supposed to promote collagen growth. Try ordering at skinbiology.com. That is also a great source of information about them in general.

James