Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are there anyone from Canada taking Accutane? How much do you spend for this treatment (monthly/or by course)? I just want to get an idea of how much it cost.

i don't take it but you are looking at ALOT unless you have one hell of a good drug plan.

probaby over $300 a month unless your insurance will cover the 80% so you're still looking at over 50 bucks

Accutane costs have gone down in Canada....

40mg 30 days should be about $100 now.... or less since the pharmacy is only paying $60 for that same thing!

the generic bran of acctuance has come out in canada now. Its called Clarus and i beleive the 40mg tablets X 30 days are now 53 dollars or something. Pretty Cheap. Like 1/2 price.

:wall: Accutane is cheap in Canada. The USA should fix thier dam health care costs and help out Americans for once.Most insuranceing plans wont cover Accutane in the USA but they will cover the generic brands.........And if your thinking about for it just forget about it. Its in the range of 150 to $200.00 for a month supply

post-47754-1159579179_thumb.jpg

post-47754-1159579179_thumb.jpg

I piad $200-$300 a month for mine. Brand name in Canada. Out of my pocket-I had no health care. Worth every damn peny.

I piad $200-$300 a month for mine. Brand name in Canada. Out of my pocket-I had no health care. Worth every damn peny.

Wow, you must have been on a high dose..... wait..... no... you were on the old pricing..... damn them!

Now it should be about $100 per month for a 40mg per day dose!

And if a pharmacy tries to charge you more than that, tell them you know they are paying exactly $60.26 for it and to cut the crazy high mark up! ;)

:wall: Accutane is cheap in Canada. The USA should fix thier dam health care costs and help out Americans for once.Most insuranceing plans wont cover Accutane in the USA but they will cover the generic brands.........And if your thinking about for it just forget about it. Its in the range of 150 to $200.00 for a month supply

wow, it's way cheaper in canada, I would be paying $624/month if insurance didn't cover it. luckily it's only $5/moth with insurance.

^^ holy crap!!!????

Thanks Jess-If I do go on a second course (unlikely though) I'll make sure I don't pay more. I also live in Vancouver, and EVERYTHING is more expensive here...I wonder if that was part of the reason?

wow, it's way cheaper in canada, I would be paying $624/month if insurance didn't cover it. luckily it's only $5/moth with insurance.

plus I'm assuming you pay for all your derm visits and blood tests each month out of your pocket, whereas all we do is show our healthcard..God bless Canada :dance: