Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sandy87

My diet change and supp's

Hi guys, I'm new here-- I discovered the forum two weeks ago when I decided to take a stand against my acne. Since then, I have flipped my diet upside down and started taking supplements.

Diet:

Cut out all dairy, fried foods, sugars, artificial foods, etc. I stick to whole grains, fruit, chicken and fish now. Drink only water now and about 4 litres/day.

Supplementation:

Multivitamin w/out Iodine, Fish Oil and Brocolli pills.

I exercise regularly (always have).

I just recently starting using ACV (both topically and as a tonic). Also on benzaclin right now (though not seeing much of an effect).

I've been going strong 2 weeks on this regimen, and it was looking good until recently...I was getting less pimples and new pimples were fading in 1-2 days.

But two days ago I had 4 new pimples that seem pretty stubborn and more today. I realize that diet and supplements won't provide an overnight cure, but my question is how long will it be until I see results. I'm willing to wait but just want a time frame to make sure what I am doing works.

Thanks, guys!

Usually a week to a few weeks you should see results in your skin. One thing I noticed is that you eat whole grains I used to eat whole grain breads and whole grain oatmeal and it really broke me out. I also see you're using more chemical based topicals. Some of those dry your skin so much that you end up with thick areas of dead skin which may not appear as that since most people have oily skin. That can lead to your breakouts as well.

Start keeping a food journal. Those can be a big pain in the butt in the beginning but if you record everyhting you eat you will more easily notice a trend of foods that trigger your acne.

If you are still consuming a lot of sugar like chocolate bars or other types of candy, icecream, breads, pastas it may help you figure out if they affect you as well.

As for changing you diet. Congrats! It worked wonders for me, I don't dread looking in the mirror every morning and I can't explain how amazing that feels.

edit: oh also 4 litres of water a day seems like much and you may be flushing out too much of what you do need. Try lowering that down to 2L max 3.

Thanks for the tips, Ell!

Yeah, I definitely think I'll stop the benzaclin (it really hasn't done much anyway...)

Hi guys, I'm new here-- I discovered the forum two weeks ago when I decided to take a stand against my acne. Since then, I have flipped my diet upside down and started taking supplements.

Diet:

Cut out all dairy, fried foods, sugars, artificial foods, etc. I stick to whole grains, fruit, chicken and fish now. Drink only water now and about 4 litres/day.

Supplementation:

Multivitamin w/out Iodine, Fish Oil and Brocolli pills.

I exercise regularly (always have).

I just recently starting using ACV (both topically and as a tonic). Also on benzaclin right now (though not seeing much of an effect).

I've been going strong 2 weeks on this regimen, and it was looking good until recently...I was getting less pimples and new pimples were fading in 1-2 days.

But two days ago I had 4 new pimples that seem pretty stubborn and more today. I realize that diet and supplements won't provide an overnight cure, but my question is how long will it be until I see results. I'm willing to wait but just want a time frame to make sure what I am doing works.

Thanks, guys!

Have you tried using Flor essence - its working pretty well for me, not only are spots either coming to a head but they are all healing pretty fast. It seems to work better than ACV i feel, heres a link on whats in it

Click Here

I also found it was easier to take, especially regarding the taste of ACV :shock: lol

Anyway, thats all and good luck :wub: x

Go buy some vitamin b5. It's known as Pantothenic Acid.

You'll notice that it clears acne in 3 days... I've used it for two years.

Its not the food you are eating... I'm a nutrionalist. Notice how many people on this site are taking b5 and are cured.

IF you want to have a healthy diet, eat all the fruits, veggies and grains you want (except white, refined flours...which suck out all of the b vitamins from your bodies.)

---------------------------------

Here are some interesting facts: Did you know that chickens are so contaminated with fecal matter when shiped out to stores for selling thate the USDA is thinking about proposing a Fecal Limit Regulation? However, that will take several years to pass.

Go vegetarian... you'll find you are MUCH healither in many ways of life. The animals you are eating are not even HEALTHY!! The factory farmed animals you eat are fed pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, growth hormones, antibiotics, appetite stimulants and aflatoxins that collect in the animals' tissues and milk. Their nourrishing diet is ground-up feathers, dried blood, cow and pig brains and a staple diet of 30% baking soda... to make them feel full and to save money. They never breath clean air, they breath ammonia gases which is a gas that comes off the manure and they NEVER exercise to make sure their meat is very tender. In fact, they are kept in TINY stalls - so small that they cannot turn around or walk, to ensure the muscles are tender. They are also fed a diet that induces anemia. Is this healthy for us to eat??

Animals with cancerous lesions and pus-filled wounds are certitified as "USDA Pure."

Only external cancerous growths are removed... because they dont have time to go looking for all of the animals' problems in the 25 minutes it takes to turn them into a hamburger. And 30% of cows have these wounds - because there are no vets.

Anyway, it is certainly not good on our overall health to be continually eating sick cows that lived in a stall all day (factory-farmed animals).

If you think about it, what would you rather eat? A healthy cow raised in a green pasture on grass and pure water who has exercised... or to continually consume animals that are limping, have sores but are pumped full of chemicals that destroy their liver and other chemicals, who has breathed poisonous gases and antibiotic-laiden water? A 10 min documentary that was on tv is here: http://www.meat.org

According the American Cancer Society, eating meat raises the risk of cancer by 60%, the risk of Osteoporosis by 90%, and all health problems in general by 40%.

Your diet will not be restrictive... check out some of these dinner pics: http://www.cok.net/lit/recipes/

I eat veggie chilli, spaghetti, veggie burgers (sold almost everywhere), etc. My diet in fact has become more diverse ;)

Its not the food you are eating... I'm a nutrionalist. Notice how many people on this site are taking b5 and are cured.

when you say its not the food youre eating what do you mean? i dont take vitamin b supplements and my skin got clear from changing my diet...totally clear...just dealing with the red marks and scars now... i was told not to take any B's that it would make my hair start falling out....

Thanks for the replies, everyone...

The flor essence looks promising, I'll check it out thanks starrybabe

apple_blossom, thanks for the advice...do you think the b-vitamins in my multi are enough or are more needed? i know that b-vitamins are water soluble, but i've heard bad things about taking too much.