Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odd.girl.out

Microdermabrasion at-home kits

I was so tempted to buy one of those microdermabrasion kits I saw at the drugstore today (there are different brands - Neutrogena, VitaK, etc.) but at the same time I was worried that it might cause more breakouts and it's kinda expensive. What do you all think of those products? Do they help diminish the appearance or redmarks or scars? Has anyone tried it?

I was so tempted to buy one of those microdermabrasion kits I saw at the drugstore today (there are different brands - Neutrogena, VitaK, etc.) but at the same time I was worried that it might cause more breakouts and it's kinda expensive. What do you all think of those products? Do they help diminish the appearance or redmarks or scars? Has anyone tried it?

I believe for the majority of people, the skin will breakout because it has never been exposed to either bristles making contact or the solution in liquid form with the ingridents it may have. (Al Oxide?)

From what I seen on people who purchase the home kits. The skin's firmness is improved, but the actual marks are still going to be there. They're just lessen over a period of time depending on how your skin heals and what kind of topical solution you're using in combination with it.

I purchased one of these and used Neutrogena mask. Only been a week, but it has worked wonders so far. Skin has become alot more smoother and the marks lessening the more I use the combination. I've broken out on my chin for a day or so. But, once the skin adjust to the cycle of use, they evenutally subside for the time being.

the creams that come with those kits are filled with oils and crappy ingredients, your better off getting a facial brush and exfoliating manually.

OLAY micro/peel is great. its not really like a micro or a peel, but its a great exfoliator. everytime i use it my skin feels so soft and looks so smooth.