Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S4Y

Have trouble with one cyst?

Hi,

I am clear of acne because of accutane apart from a few red marks. But on my right cheek is still a relative big cyst deep under my skin. I estimate that it is there about a half a year. I'm about to consult a derm regarding this. Is there another way to treat this cyst. I've used a lot of Peelings to get rid of it but i reckon it is just too deep.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

I don't have personal experiences in this.. BUT my sister had more severe acne and when she would get things like that she would get them injected with cortisone by her derm.. and then it heals really quickly.. so that probably is your best shot? heh unintended pun..

But again, I'm basing this off of her experiences not my own..

but congratulations on getting clear! woot! awesome!

I agree, Get it injected. I had a cyst injected and it went away within a few days, and was noticeably smaller immediately.

Thx for your replies.

Anyway, i have a problem my derm said that those cortisone shots weren't used on cysts. I'm from Germany. I don't know but cortison shouldn't work in a different way here. She mentioned to use accutane to get it more soft. She is about to prescribe it to me in a month. I'm seriously desperate. I have an appointment with another derm from clinic on a university. So, i guess she is a bit more qualified. Is she right about the accutane. I tried a lot of exfoliation procedures but the cyst is just to deep. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, i have a problem my derm said that those cortisone shots weren't used on cysts.

Strange... :confused:

Good luck with the other derm, i just came back from getting my first cortisone shot myself... Very glad i went, cause even the derm said i did the right thing cause the inflammation was very deep and would prob leave a bad scar if i had left it alone. I hope you'll be able to get one too!

Pls help me...

My derm said that this cyst is too small to inject cortison. I don't know what to do anymore. Its a prolate cyst less round. It looks awful because it is elevating this area. Isn't there any creme which i can use? The point is thee skin is fine above the cyst. So there is no chance that it'll pop out and i guess its more nodule than a cyst. I'm about to consult plastic surgeon and another derm. But pls help me...Any way to heal this slowly but surely? Hydrocortison Creme or Ichthamol? I'll give this baking soda for 10 min a shot.

Thx.:P

i also have a cyst deep under my skin, i have taken tetracykline now for one month and it has gotten segnificantly smaller but not completely gone yet... im also taking b5 at the same time. i hope it will be gone soon. have you tried any antibiotics? if your clear except for this cyst maybe accutane is a little too harsh?

good luck!

I had already a accutane cure ended about 3-4 month ago. But this nodule remained. My acne came back by Vitamine B5. I haven't tried any other antibiotics. Isn't there any creme to get rid of this? Does anyone know how Hydrocortison or Ichthamol works.