Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peace of mind

Lets be honest with each other but especially ourselves

I posted a thread a little while ago about getting OFF THE COMPUTER and GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE. And I wasn't lying that THIS WAS THE BEST THING FOR MY SKIN and SELF-ESTEEM.

Now getting new ideas and taking comfort in the fact that there are others is the same, or worse position than yours is okay. But all yall spending rediculous amounts of time, thousands of posts, hours in the Lounge and hiding because of your skin just stop for a sec.

I hid out for about a month, a long time I know, but I was going through some shit with my skin. WHY? Its not like I'm a model or movie star. No one expects you to be perfect. When I finally came out of hiding, my friends all wondered where the hell I had been, what was going on. If you think your friends care, you are wrong or your friends need to be bitch slapped. REAL FRIENDS do NOT CARE. Shit if you really feel uncomfortable about your skin around your friends or girl, crack a joke or something about it. I tried it and it helped A LOT. Funny too cuz I got some good acne jokes.

Now be honest with yourself, you really prefer to hide out talking to people you don't know? Yeah lets all hang out in "the Lounge" and be cool. You really think theres nothing wrong with wasting your life because your scared of what other people think? I've had acne since I was 13. Never go really bad until about a year ago. I'm 21 now and I've had tons of friends and plenty of girlfriends. So I know it wasn't because of my looks. If your a likeable person then thats all thats needed.

Please note I'm NOT trying to bash anyone. Just that its kind of sad. If I've offended you I'm sorry.

dont knock us that have thousands of posts. it doesnt mean we dont have lives, it just means we like the people here

I posted a thread a little while ago about getting OFF THE COMPUTER and GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE. And I wasn't lying that THIS WAS THE BEST THING FOR MY SKIN and SELF-ESTEEM.

What if you're agoraphobic or anthropophobic?

I think that I needed that. Thank you. I've been feeling down the past couple of days and I think a large part of it is the huge amounts of time I've spent on the computer (not just on acne.org - other places too). I feel like this when I watch too much tv too. And it's not even that I'm hiding from anybody. Just that I'm feeling lazy and bored. But of course, if I just went out and did something I could snap out of it, but I'm doing something of a downward spiral right now.

Well, thankfully tomorrow is another day!

depressed matt- yeah it is hard, and I'd get kinda pissed when I'd read posts similar to mine. But after months of avoiding and thinking about it, I just got sick of letting this control my life. I still think about my skin and stuff but not 24/7. I was neglecting my friends and family. So I just started out slowly, I didn't just jump out overnight. Everyone should just try it- kinda like trying a new product, and see how it goes for you. Just for me it was GREAT.

Chrissy, I know exactly what you mean. I think its okay to have a couple down days. I had months of it and I was pretty messed up. I'm real happy how just simply going out eased a lot of stress and got me out of my slump. Hope ya feel better soon.

dont knock us that have thousands of posts. it doesnt mean we dont have lives, it just means we like the people here

Well said.

Well said.

As long as yall are being honest with yourselves, somehow I feel like a lot of people aren't. By the way did you not read the last line I wrote? I wasn't trying to bash anyone.

Yeah he's right, it is pretty depressing staying in all the time.. I used to go out, but this summer I been hibernating from EVERYONE dodging calls, keeping my cell off and having my mom lie and say im not home whenever my house was called. I got paranoid and thought my friends were doing more harm than good... Yestarday I realized this aint what I want, now in 20 mins im leavin my house for the 1st time in a week, and only like the 4th time this summer, and im goin to smoke a nice cigar wit my friend who i've been avoiding so far. And im coming to facts and accepting myself.. Anyway, great thread man.

well i'm really glad i found this site right before my senior year of high school is gona start, i'm gona make it fun XD

well i've got a lot of posts but i also have a ton of time doing NOTHING at work waiting for assignments and free reign to the computer and it beats the hell out of solitaire. There are some really good discussions here!

well i'm really glad i found this site right before my senior year of high school is gona start, i'm gona make it fun XD

please do. my senior year is a scar for me :(

Funny too cuz I got some good acne jokes.

at the risk of sounding like i dont care about everyones elses problems.. i dont spose you'd be keen to share any of those by any chance? im not sure ive ever heard an acne joke..

My bitch ass roomate call me "Anti-social" and always put me on my spot why im in my room on the computer all the time...... i wanna just tell em to leave me the fuck alone because im insecure bout my face.... ugh im such a panzy

My bitch ass roomate call me "Anti-social" and always put me on my spot why im in my room on the computer all the time...... i wanna just tell em to leave me the fuck alone because im insecure bout my face.... ugh im such a panzy

i hate that anti social feeling!!!

Regardless of my "anti-social" behaviors, I have always been a private person even before acne problems.... I mean sure i like to go out and be a sociable drunk every once in awhile but thats not the everday lifestyle i want... I have a fulfilling life of solitude just cause im different they don't understand.... I rent a room with these guys i didnt sign a contract to be their 24/7 best bud to share feelings with.... they are all noobs

Some people spend a lot of time on the computer because the internet is extremely interesting. You can learn a lot about different things, like I can talk to people from Russia and England. It makes the world seem a lot smaller, and it really is pretty small. I have to work, and I go out sometimes, but I spend a lot of the time online because I like reading about the news, going on messageboards, and I have online classes. And you can bond with people through the internet, as dorky as that sounds. So who cares if others say you are antisocial for being online all the time, everyone has hobbies.

Some people spend a lot of time on the computer because the internet is extremely interesting. You can learn a lot about different things, like I can talk to people from Russia and England. It makes the world seem a lot smaller, and it really is pretty small. I have to work, and I go out sometimes, but I spend a lot of the time online because I like reading about the news, going on messageboards, and I have online classes. And you can bond with people through the internet, as dorky as that sounds. So who cares if others say you are antisocial for being online all the time, everyone has hobbies.

:clap:

okay, lets try this again. If being on line is what you enjoy fine but if you're one of the people on here complaining about how life is so unfair and you wish you could go do things but meanwhile you're just sitting in front of the computer not being proactive, then I'm saying its time for a change.