Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sick and tired of friends trying to "help" me with my skin. My mom thinks she knows all, because as she was growing up all she used was soap and water and her skin is perfect. She thinks tis sooooooo easy to get rid of because she didnt have any growing up...its SOOOOOOOO frustrating, she just doenst get it.

My bf also has great skin, as does his sister etc. He said he used to have alot of zits, and same with other ppl in his family but...no evidence that they ever did. He also tries to "help" me and suggests products to help etc, his mom even mentioned it to me ahhhhhhh i hate it because i get all hot and sweaty, and all i can think of is "what does my skin look like right now??? omg did my makeup rub off???...omg why am i ugly" and then they look real close, and i cant take the embarassment of them seeing me. I know they are just trying to help, but i have tried everythinggggggggggg, and they dont know how frustrated i truely am, and how embarassed i am about it. They do make comments like how my face is looking better tho...even tho they are trying to make me feel better when they say those things it just makes me think about my acne more. when really i wish nobodywould ever say anything about my face ever again. I guess i should be happy that i found a bf that doesnt care whether i have zits...and isnt shallow like that, and just wants to get rid of them to make me more confident. I love my bf to death but sometimes i just cant stand seeing him when i have a breakout...argh.... i get so depressed becaues i think that if my face wasnt deformed id actually b pretty?

People do that to me sometimes to...people who have never had acne tell me about these miracle products they have had success with, but, they sadly have never had BAD acne.

It's nice to hear that your boyfriend is as nice as he seems, people that don't mind are rare.

sounds like you have a pretty awesome guy there. i to hate the "your skin looks better" line never makes me feel better. well, dont know what else to say, soooo....i hope everything works out.

Remember to keep a positive attitude, and we all know how you feel.

Just know that things will get better, even if it feels like they won't. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, so be strong.

Dont worry beany thats normal, my mom acted like acne was my fault too. But hey, you have a bf, someone who really cares about you, and likes the person that you are. Doesn't that feel great? So I hope your happy about that.

I am sick and tired of friends trying to "help" me with my skin. My mom thinks she knows all, because as she was growing up all she used was soap and water and her skin is perfect. She thinks tis sooooooo easy to get rid of because she didnt have any growing up...its SOOOOOOOO frustrating, she just doenst get it.

My bf also has great skin, as does his sister etc. He said he used to have alot of zits, and same with other ppl in his family but...no evidence that they ever did. He also tries to "help" me and suggests products to help etc, his mom even mentioned it to me ahhhhhhh i hate it because i get all hot and sweaty, and all i can think of is "what does my skin look like right now??? omg did my makeup rub off???...omg why am i ugly" and then they look real close, and i cant take the embarassment of them seeing me. I know they are just trying to help, but i have tried everythinggggggggggg, and they dont know how frustrated i truely am, and how embarassed i am about it. They do make comments like how my face is looking better tho...even tho they are trying to make me feel better when they say those things it just makes me think about my acne more. when really i wish nobodywould ever say anything about my face ever again. I guess i should be happy that i found a bf that doesnt care whether i have zits...and isnt shallow like that, and just wants to get rid of them to make me more confident. I love my bf to death but sometimes i just cant stand seeing him when i have a breakout...argh.... i get so depressed becaues i think that if my face wasnt deformed id actually b pretty?

At least your grandma didn't punish you for having a dirty face. And when you had a breakout, she didn't say to go upstairs and wash your face and hands before you eat. And then you'd come downstairs with the same breakout and she'd say "why didn't you wash your face like I told you to"? But she eventually let you eat because she couldn't send you back to your parents looking like you were starved.

:ninja:

next time someone makes a comment just flip out at them and tell them how it makes you feel - go fcuking ape shit and smash some stuff up even if its at you bf parents house - i rekon they wouldnt comment on it again. :clap:

next time someone makes a comment just flip out at them and tell them how it makes you feel - go fcuking ape shit and smash some stuff up even if its at you bf parents house - i rekon they wouldnt comment on it again. :clap:

I dont think thats a good idea

Life will throw some tough curves at an acne faced peson. You have to be ready. You complain now, but the worst is probably still ahead of you. Try to make the most of the good times your having right now becasue all too often things do get worse.

i hope to god this is the worst. I used to have just red marks...and then diane 35 gave me this terrible initial breakout...well at least i hope its juts an initial breakout.

minocycline and cetaphil killed my face

Yeah cetaphil really made it much worse. It's meant to be a cleanser not an acne cleanser I guess.

At least your grandma didn't punish you for having a dirty face. And when you had a breakout, she didn't say to go upstairs and wash your face and hands before you eat. And then you'd come downstairs with the same breakout and she'd say "why didn't you wash your face like I told you to"? But she eventually let you eat because she couldn't send you back to your parents looking like you were starved.

:ninja:

your grandma is mean :shock:

when i did have a bf his mom would do the same to me-she's does it in front of people which was really embarrassing to me. And yes i've treid everything too. I live with my aunt and she has perfect skin she always bitches at me about my skin and like your mom she thinks its so easy to get rid of zits. I don't talk to her much but she always looks at me like"why don you ever wash your face?" She makes a "digusted" face everytime she looks at me and talks about my acne. none of her kids have acne. I get really depressed too so i know exactly how you feel.

Life will throw some tough curves at an acne faced peson. You have to be ready. You complain now, but the worst is probably still ahead of you. Try to make the most of the good times your having right now becasue all too often things do get worse.

Not always, this is life, things can change in a second. Those people that you see who have everything and are so lucky, may be the most unluckiest person come tomorrow... Anything can happen, things can start getting better tomorrow.

minocycline and cetaphil killed my face

Yeah cetaphil really made it much worse. It's meant to be a cleanser not an acne cleanser I guess.

definetely swtich to spectro jel. that IS an acne cleanser. i <3 it so much. it has saved my skin on many a day as it makes it super soft for topicals :)

minocycline saved my face tho. werid!