Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midknyte

Old timer thinking about re-doing the CSR

Hiii everyone im new here.... just to brief yall about my history: i started the CSR in 2002 when i was 19 and i must say that as i can remember (it has been quite awhile lol) my acne went away in about 1-2 months after starting the CSR.... b4 i started i had moderate, to severish acne, a few cyistic ones with a bunch of regular ones mainly on my cheek areas.. I continued for almost 3 yrs and had barely any acne as i can recall (it really is a blur)... however the downside to it all was my skin never stopped being slightly red (from the bp) and i had to manually remove the flakes with a wet klennex about every other day. the texture of my skin was also kinda rough

however in 2004 i started working for a pretty highend skincare brand called Shiseido, and slowly but surely started to use all their products for combo skin. to make a long story short i ended up using Dans BP gel as a "on the spot" treatment as my skin was pretty much 95% clear. i guess u could call this the golden age of my skin as it was even toned, soft and clear minus the occasional pimple here and there.....

well anyways recently after lord knows wut, the short-lived(1yr) golden age of my skin ended, and im almost in the state as it was back in 2002, with a couple large cystic pimples (even typing that word makes me cringe) and a bunch of small ones....

well i guess the reason for this long a$$ post is that i wanted to get some encouragement....

Is the regimen working for everyone?????

Are u guys at least 85% clear???

Ive been VERY depressed these past couple days, as I am afraid that my horribel skin might affect the relationship im currently in.... which would totally kill me!!! :(:(:(

:boohoo:....Anyways.... wuts the verdict??? should i dive back into the regimen and deal with the flaky redness or just continue using bp as an on-the-spot and hope that this is just a phase??? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.... im in dire NEED ur guy's responses and encouragement!!!!

sincerely,

mike

ps: even tho im reluctant to jump in ive already bought all my regimen supplies:

purpose gentle cleansing bar,

Dan's BP gel,

and Neutrogena Oil Free for Combo skin..... (i also have the Neutro Healthy Skin on hand for later use)

pps: oh and one last thing.... THANK YOU DAN FOR ALL THAT YOUVE DONE!!! UR COMPASSION FOR UR FELLOW SUFFERERS INSPIRES ME TO BE A BETTER PERSON!!! ...hehe... thats sumthin i wanted to do for a long time now

:) Get back on that regimen!!! :D

Welcome back. I can safely say the regimen has helped me a lot. I have not been doing it as religiously as I should on my chin, and I have broken out again, so I am back on it properly now, and will stay on it.

You will be ok, if it worked for you the first time around, it will work for you the second time around.

I would rather put up with dry skin than acne any day. Wouldn't you?

Good luck!

first, i must say im very sorry that yr skin did not remain clear. you must ber feeling horrible

i suggest that u shld go back to the regimen, since it worked for you well the first time. well, you;ve bught the stuff, so y dont you get started? ;) good luck!

personally im on the regimen for a month, and my breaskouts are significantly lesser. my skin however, is quuite red, but the past acne marks on some areas of my face are fading well.

about your relationship, i understand your concern and worry. though i do not know much details, i believe it will turn out fine. this is just a small problem. so keep your head up, and all the best!

ps. may i know how long did it take for you to start to breakout now?>

I'd say that while you've been gone, BP formulation has gotten better - especially Dan's, so go for it! My skin was red and flakey for several weeks (but then, I was using the evil PanOxyl back then). Now it looks normal. Well, slightly tanned, but that's a good look, right? :)

If it worked well for you before (when you were younger, and probably more prone to bad acne), it should work even better now. Good luck. :)

yea, get back on the CSR. It sounds like you had good results for a very long time!

I've been on for over a year and a half now and still it works fabulously!

Your products look good! Give it a go and let us know how you are doing!

p.s. rewatch the videos and read back through the Regimen instructions to get yourself refamiliarized with it!

Thanks everyone! When i woke up today i got cold feet again :confused: but this is the reassurance i needed to start the regimen! to hell with acne! and yes red skin IS better than pimples anyday!!!! everybody cross their fingers for me! and thanks again.....! :D

first, i must say im very sorry that yr skin did not remain clear. you must ber feeling horrible

i suggest that u shld go back to the regimen, since it worked for you well the first time. well, you;ve bught the stuff, so y dont you get started? ;) good luck!

personally im on the regimen for a month, and my breaskouts are significantly lesser. my skin however, is quuite red, but the past acne marks on some areas of my face are fading well.

about your relationship, i understand your concern and worry. though i do not know much details, i believe it will turn out fine. this is just a small problem. so keep your head up, and all the best!

ps. may i know how long did it take for you to start to breakout now?>

well its been almost 4 years since i actually had a full blown breakout.... which i consider as whenever i get a several cystic pimples.... b4 this my skin was doing well as i only got one or two small whiteheadish pimples per week. then about a week and 1/2 ago a bunch of small ones grew on my forehead but eventually went away with no bp treatment. after those subsided two cystic ones appeared out of nowhere (with signs of more to come :().... plus those forehead invaders came back along with some odd medium sized ones on my cheek that take foever to go away..........grrr :evil: im sure everyone can relate to my deep hate for cystic pimples.... they can really change the way u feel about urself....... :(

Hi midknyte, I know what you mean by those evil cysts that form under the skin. The CSR is awesome for the small to medium zits but doesn't do really anything for cysts. I know they make me feel horrible and I just learned from my mum that putting ice on them can help them shrink a bit. I really hate the ones that are really big and red. Anyway ya I hate them too. :wall::ninja:

awww thats bad news!! but doesnt it prevent cysts from forming??? i guess prevention is my only method.... i remember that when i first used CSR on cystic acne ages ago it caused them to form tiny white heads which eventually pop and let out all the gunk (i promise i didnt squeeze!)... this would then cause it to flatten and eventually heal...GOSH do i hate this process... i guess patience is key here....

I had moderate inflammatory acne. CSR got me clear within 3 months and I'm practically always 95% clear, I'm just trying to improve my skin texture now and get rid of brown/red marks.

hey everyone i just started CSR this morning....

so far, a little redness but more like a tanned look... not too bad.... jus worried about the subsequent break out.... does this happen to everyone on their second week?? i surely hope not as im like extremely depressed this time around (not sure why probably has ALOT to do with the relationship) to a point where it feels like im having a hard time breathing and keeping my eyes dry, and im not sure how id react to having my face get worse than it already is.....

wow this is starting to look like a log... should this be moved their or should i start a new one there???

thanks again u guys, for all ur help!

I highly reccomend to get back on it.

To be honest, I thought this whole Regimen was a scam - but I am amazed with the results, and the pimples I currently get are my fault, from skipping applications late at night and during the day sometimes.

But I've been consistant the last 1 1/2 weeks, and I am almost clear, one dying pimple.

:boohoo:....Anyways.... wuts the verdict??? should i dive back into the regimen and deal with the flaky redness or just continue using bp as an on-the-spot and hope that this is just a phase??? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.... im in dire NEED ur guy's responses and encouragement!!!!

Go for it! I had been using BP (Neutrogena) for the last year, but as you say "on-the-spot", and it was only reading these boards & Dan's Regimen, that got me to consider using much more BP than I ever had. It makes sense, thinking about it now, to use the BP all over my face as a preventative (dealing with the spots that were forming but which I couldn't yet see). But it's also counterintuitive to use as much BP as Dan suggests because the BP you buy in the store comes in such tiny bottles/tubes that the "obvious" thing to do is use it sparingly, IF you were were only going by the instructions on the OTC bottle/tube. Listen to Dan! :dan: (Just disccovered the "Dan" emoticon. :cool:)

But now I know to use the BP all over my face (except around eyes where the skin is too sensitive).

And I'm sure that that many of us on the board (myself included) can relate to the depression relating to the condition of our skin. As well as worrying about how it affects relationships. (You're probably ahead in the game in this regard, because I'm know that a lot of people feel so self-conscious about their skin that they avoid meeting people in the first place (although they desire very much to connect).

Good luck! :)

Go for it! I had been using BP (Neutrogena) for the last year, but as you say "on-the-spot", and it was only reading these boards & Dan's Regimen, that got me to consider using much more BP than I ever had. It makes sense, thinking about it now, to use the BP all over my face as a preventative (dealing with the spots that were forming but which I couldn't yet see). But it's also counterintuitive to use as much BP as Dan suggests because the BP you buy in the store comes in such tiny bottles/tubes that the "obvious" thing to do is use it sparingly, IF you were were only going by the instructions on the OTC bottle/tube. Listen to Dan! :dan: (Just disccovered the "Dan" emoticon. :cool:)

But now I know to use the BP all over my face (except around eyes where the skin is too sensitive).

And I'm sure that that many of us on the board (myself included) can relate to the depression relating to the condition of our skin. As well as worrying about how it affects relationships. (You're probably ahead in the game in this regard, because I'm know that a lot of people feel so self-conscious about their skin that they avoid meeting people in the first place (although they desire very much to connect).

Good luck! :)

aww thanks for the encouragement.... i really jus got to accept the fact if the relationship doesnt work out cuz of my face then it was never really meant to be.... but dang... anyone have any advice on helping with depression..... this whole ordeal is REALLY getting me down....

If you are feeling severely depressed to where it is affecting your daily life, you may need to talk to your doctor about it. Feeling a bit blue or down from time to time seems to be just a part of dealing with life situations, but if you are having difficulty breathing then I think this warrants a trip to the doctor.

((hugs!))

Brandy may be right. Maybe rap with a doctor you feel comfortable with?

I'd also say check out the sub-forum on this board called " Emotional and psychological effects of acne." But I should warn you that although that forum should be the most fitting place on this board to talk about depression, if you read a bunch of the most recent & active threads, you'll probably find a lot of silliness, and even sometimes hostility. (I'm not sure why that sub-forum seems overrun by off-topic discussions recently. Has it always been like that?)

definately get on and stay on the regimen. I too tried the regimen back in 2003 and had great success but for some reason I stopped doing. I guess cuz it was too time consuming for me. well up until feb. of this yr, i was constantly breaking out. it was really depressing. I finally decided to get back on the regimen. I cleared up in a month or so. I did have flakiness and redness in the beginning but that went away. On my third month, i broke out with 9 cysts like acne all over my face but I stayed consistent and now 5 months later I am 100% clear. I haven't broken out in close to 2 months. again stay consistent and keep it simple.

definately get on and stay on the regimen. I too tried the regimen back in 2003 and had great success but for some reason I stopped doing. I guess cuz it was too time consuming for me. well up until feb. of this yr, i was constantly breaking out. it was really depressing. I finally decided to get back on the regimen. I cleared up in a month or so. I did have flakiness and redness in the beginning but that went away. On my third month, i broke out with 9 cysts like acne all over my face but I stayed consistent and now 5 months later I am 100% clear. I haven't broken out in close to 2 months. again stay consistent and keep it simple.

wow so ur story is kinda like mines then! im glad that u sticked to the regimen even when u had the third month breakout! i would of totally freaked out and went on accutane or something stupid! oh dear i hope i wont have to deal with that but hey i guess all that matters is that ur totally clear now! :clap:

thanks for your concern everybody! as for the depression part im doing a lot better because i talked to my parents and my other half about it... kinda spilled all beans sorta thing..... and it seems like a huge load has been take off my back... but i really do appreciate everyones responses! u guys are the best!

as for the relationship ordeal... i cant say everything is 100% but the fact that i put all the cards on the table gives me a sense of relief... i think if anything my low self esteem and paranoia would ruin the relationship b4 anything else!!!!

I would suggest going on the regimen and sticking with it. In the first two months, I continued to get pimples, but not as bad as before the regimen, and now, about 4 months in, I am 100% clear and have been for almost 2 months now - not a single breakout. Yes, my skin was sensitive and flaky in the beginning, and is sometimes a flaky even now, but I'll take the flakes over huge zits any day! Hang in there and don't give up.

hey everybody... just to fill you guys in...

its my fourth day on the regimen and i can see improvement

Pros:

the cystic acne have started to form whiteheads and are starting to get flatter....

most of my pustules and papules are completely flat but still somewhat inflammed....

new pimples that were forming are receding or coming out smaller then they appeared....

Cons:

still considering other treatments for the remaining cysts but hesitant becuz im trying to stick very closely to the exact CSR...

redness is improving but still looks ive had one too many drinks (im asian lol)...

dryness starting to peel in certain places and i'm considering when im going to up-the-notch to Neutro-HealthySkin.... (currently on Nuetro-Oil free for Combo skin)

any advice, guidance, or other comments are very appreciated!