Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(I know it's a lot to read, but it's my personal experiance so far)

I started accutane 15 days ago. I had a bit over mild-severe acne, but mainly located on my cheeks, chest and back. Thankfully my forehead, and jaw are basically clear. I've had acne for about 3-4 years now (currently I'm 17), but thankfully it hasn't ruined my social behaviour; perhaps it's because I'm crazy in the head :dance: . 2-4 months ago, my acne flared up, and went nuts, that's why I started accutane. I've been using it for 15 days now, along with Benzoyl Peroxide. I know a lot of people told me not to use both together due to over dryment of my skin, but to tell you the truth, it's made my skin a lot smoother. My dad, and brothers also had acne, but they had to coupe with it the old fassion way; by waiting. So naturally I came with oily skin, but because I've been using both, my skin is actually quite balanced. I haven't used any moisturazer, but I'm planning to buy the Cetaphil moisturazer soon (I have this Lubriderm one, but it comes with Vitamins A, I might use it, after all it's non-greasy). The only parts that are pretty much dry on my skin is on the pimples directly, but it seems to be getting rid of my acne fast. My outbreaks have reduced dramastically, and are dropping by the day. I've had 3-5 new pimples ever sinse I started, compared to the daily 2-5+ I used to get (this is everywhere in my body, not just my face).

I have about 4 cysts/nodules (Sorry don't know the difference) on my face right now, that fairly small, and not that raised, and are slowly shrinking as days pass. My chest and back have several active pimples, but that's from before (They used to be little nodules and are now raising up).

Of course my face has gotten redder, but luckily my body heals pretty fast, so my red spots usually dissappear quite fast (in less than a month, or even less than 2 weeks).

For a while I thought that milk was causing more acne (I love milk, and dairy products). However I've been drinking a lot of milk lately to see if I had any reaction, and I've had none so far, so It's pretty safe to say milk doesn't cause meany break outs. However due to the heat wave we are having over here, and because of accutane, I've been drinking a lot of water, usually about 3-4.5L of water a day. Maybe this has also helped out with the clearing, and also my lips haven't gone dry.

I have an appointment in 1 week with my doctor. Should I ask him if he could remove the 4 cysts/nodules I have, or should I just wait until they go away, either by phasing out, or developing into smaller pimples?

Bottom line is, Accutane and Benzoyl Peroxide have helped me quite a bit for these 2 past weeks. However I have pretty strong skin, and people with more delicate skin shouldn't do what I did.

Doo dee doo. It's been a while sinse I could feel the skin on my cheek without any nasty bumps. Hmm smoothness.