Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
careless4u

Do you have a white coated tongue?

White coated tongue.  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a white coated tongue?

• Yes.
    • No.

A white coated tongue can be a symptom of candida overgrowth.

I have a white coated tongue and I think it has something to do with my mild acne. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Please share your thoughts.

I have a white coated tongue and I think it has something to do with my mild acne. Is there a way to get rid of it?

i made this almost exact post a few months ago only i dont know how to do polls.

alright....i know that coated tongue is related to acne with me.. ..if i eat shit....even like a few days ago i ate bout 3 big bowls of pasta my tongue is coated hours later and my skin changes to oil overload next day....if i dont eat shit....like dairy...pasta....bagles....then my tongue is all clear and my face is clear....

this still weirds me out....ya...it weirds me out a lot....face shit=coated tongue.....face clear=clear tongue...

im hoping more ppl will reply to this post ...maybe clear up what the reason is behind it

i made this almost exact post a few months ago only i dont know how to do polls.

alright....i know that coated tongue is related to acne with me.. ..if i eat shit....even like a few days ago i ate bout 3 big bowls of pasta my tongue is coated hours later and my skin changes to oil overload next day....if i dont eat shit....like dairy...pasta....bagles....then my tongue is all clear and my face is clear....

this still weirds me out....ya...it weirds me out a lot....face shit=coated tongue.....face clear=clear tongue...

im hoping more ppl will reply to this post ...maybe clear up what the reason is behind it

Yeh i wanna know too :cry: IS THERE any connection and what can be done to get rid of it - quickly :D lol

Hmm... I'm still the only one with acne and a regular pink tongue? Weird. But I guess it's just 10 votes so far...

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I have a white coated tongue too and got some interesting info at askshelleys.com:

Tongue Analysis

For tongue analysis, only look at the front of the tongue, the part used for speech, not at the back of the throat. If you stick out your tongue, the part that is easily visible is used in tongue diagnoses, basically.

A pale tongue indicates anemia, depletion.

A coated tongue indicates toxins. If the toxins are towards the back of the tongue, the toxins are mainly in the colon. Middle to front means small intestine and stomach. Whitish toxins indicate mucous/Kapha derangement. Drink ginger tea and the Cleansing Drink to burn the toxins up. Yellowish indicates too much bile in the gallbladder and small intestine. Redish/yellowish coat is too much heat/toxins due to weak digestion, oftentimes constipation. Take steps to get things moving and plan on cleansing the liver.

Dark brown or black tongue is Vata type weakness/cold, often diarrhea. Plan on doing some warming, moist and soothing therapy – marshmallow tea or tincture, slippery elm.

Teeth impressions means edema and poor absorption, mostly in small intestine and possibly some undigested foods in the intestines.

Froth means bronchitis. Cleanse the lungs, stop smoking.

Thready spit means candida, mucous or overly acidic system. Drink more fluids.

A single line bisecting the tongue represents the emotions stored in the spinal column. If this line is crooked or jagged, chances are there is a spinal subluxion or scoliosis. The line should be very thin. If it is wide and deep, get B12 shots right away and start taking a supplement of all the B's. If you have other kinds of furrows get a series of B12 shots.

Jagged cracks indicate usually diarrhea, irritated, inflamed intestines that need soothing, mucilaginous herbs. It’s very common to have this when cleansing/detoxing and practicing bowel management. Take a break from the cleansing and switch to marshmallow/slippery elm.

Bright red spot at the middle/near front of the tongue indicates heart issues. Increase circulation with cayenne, rosemary, consider fasting and correct your fats. No more phony fats; lecithin, cod liver oil, olive oil and other good fats are called for.

Raised areas means irritation in various organs or intestines.

Over-production of saliva (do you drool a lot in your sleep?) means a lack of salt and sometimes parasites.

Tongue ulcers, cankor sores, means pH imbalance, often due to too few friendly microbes. Consider supplementing with probiotics; definitely use a safe toothpaste – no gels, low sudsing action, just plain baking powder is best. Avoid tropical fruits and overdosing on Vitamin C.

The tongue should have tiny protrusions on it that can look feathery. If it is slick, no protrusions, there’s a serious lack of B vitamins and zinc.

Your goal is to have a clean tongue immediately upon waking. Check it before you brush. Is it coated? You ate the wrong foods, or ate too much, or ate pasteurized dairy, or just ate something you could not digest. Here is a list of ways you can adjust your diet so the coating goes away. You can do just one or a combination:

Skip breakfast entirely and drink ginger tea or India Spice tea all morning.

Take fiber supplements.

Drink the Cleansing Drink for breakfast.

Eat whole grain cereal with rice milk not cow milk.

Eat as usual but smaller portions with plenty of heating spices like cayenne, cumin, garlic, basil, cinamon.

Eat Kichadi.

Eat only fresh-squeezed veggie juices, with ginger.

Eat the cleansing salad.

Take digestive enzymes both with meals and before bed on empty stomach.

Do some thorough bowel management (enemas, colonics) if the coating is persistent and tends to be towards the back of the tongue.

Here's the recipe for the cleansing drink:

Shelley's Cleansing Drink

Appropriate for any stage, this drink is therapeutic during the cleansing stage and helps to increase digestive power; increases alkalinity, circulation; flushes the liver and kidneysl; reduces mucus; cures acne, sore throat, gallbladder distress, acid reflux, body odor, high cholesterol, arthritis, food poisoning. It may be used as a meal replacement.

8-12 oz of water, may be warm. Vary amount of water according to taste and whether you've met your goal of ounces for the day.

Juice of 1/2 lemon

grated peel too if organic

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon if 12 ounces or more

1 tsp grade B maple syrup or other natural sweetener to taste

4-5 drops cayenne pepper tincture (assuming 10,000 heat units)

An important note on the Apple Cider Vinegar:

You can use regular store-bought ACV and still get benefits, but if you really want to aid your bowel flora and experience the full realm of health benefits you must get raw, unpastuerized ACV that still has "the mother" (sediment). This ACV looks cloudy because it has microbes alive and well in it, so it's like drinking Kefir. These are friendly flora, no need to get the heebie jeebies! :) You should be able to find this at a health foods store, and the label may even say "with the mother!" on it to reduce confusion as to whether it's the right one. If it's cloudy, it's the right one. Bragg’s and Spectrum has the right kind.

ACV has been used for centuries for all manner of illnesses. Be aware, though, that it will take enamel off of teeth, so drink this drink fast or with a straw, and you might want to rinse your mouth with baking soda afterwards. I simply dilute the ACV by using the maximum amount of water.

For more info on ACV, visit this pate:

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

Contra-indications for this drink:

Some people cannot handle a lot of lemon juice. They don't handle citrus acids well and may get cankor sores or sore tongue. Discontinue use in that case.

Lemon juice causes the liver and gallbladder to cleanse and sometimes contract. If you overdose on the cleansing drink, say, 3 lemons a day or more, the lemon juice could tire/weaken the gallbladder or spleen. If you have a tendency to gallbladder attack pain, this drink may bring that on (nausea, burning pain, referred pain to shoulders).

Maple syrup is contra-indicated for stage-one candida people. Grade B is mineral rich. Molasses will give you plenty of minerals, including Iron, and is safer for candida/hypoglycemic/adult-onset diabetes people.

ACV is loaded with potassium; if you have impaired kidneys, you should monitor potassium intake and stick to low-potassium foods.

Cayenne pepper should not be taken for more than 30 days in a row.

So I guess drinking ginger tea for breakfast along with the cleansing drink (which has acv so it's got to be good for you) will help with the white coating.

Going to try this out now...let's see if it works.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at all these people who DO have a coated tongue! :surprised: I normally have a very clear tongue but I had icecream last night and today my tongue is coated white!!!! I paid attention to it purposely and couldn't believe it.

I brush my tongue 3x daily when I brush my teeth so it's CLEAN. Maybe you're not brushing it?

I brush my tongue and I use a tongue scraper each morning and night. What I noticed though is that I never have ANYTHING to scrub off I do it for hygenic reasons. It's strange that after I ate icecream the day before my tongue changed.

lol @ your avatar

I brush my tongue 3x daily when I brush my teeth so it's CLEAN. Maybe you're not brushing it?

yea....i brush my tongue a lot too

I think the white residue on your tongue is food residue. I think. Try a tongue scraper :razz:

I think the white residue on your tongue is food residue. I think. Try a tongue scraper :razz:

Heh no, its not. But interesting theory!

Typically a truly white tongue is caused by a fungal infection--it's referred to as "oral thrush" or candidiasis.

I don't think a white tongue is always related to candida.

I noticed that it's white when I eat plain organic Stoneyfield yogurt. Maybe it's just me, but that yogurt is full of cultures...and it shouldn't make the white tongue grow if it's truly candida. On the other hand my tongue's whiteness does not grow after eating junk like M&M's and Utz chips.

I've taken Nystatin and Fluconazole (twice) to treat this oral thrush...it hasn't gone away. I've never taken any of these medications prior.

That white film is bacteria, not fungi. Pretty much everyone and thier dogs have it to some degree. People have had it since the beginning of man. Why do you think that tongue scrapers are so common now? It's not because 90% of the people have acne or candida, it's because it is good oral hygiene. It stops bad breath, it improves taste buds, and overall, it's not good to have all that buildup in your mouth by your gums and teeth.

Unless your whole tongue is white you don't have oral thrush. It isnot realated to acne. A buildup in certain areas does not mean trouble in certain parts of the body, it means that your mouth has a lot of bacteria in it and the tongue is that best places to be since most people brush their teeth and gums and the tongue has all those grooves in it.

Unless your whole tongue is white you don't have oral thrush.

Well, that would be what "coated" implies, wouldn't it?

Yes, we all have bacteria in our mouths, and yes it causes bad breath, yes tongue scrapers can help with all that, but that is not at issue here, as that would present as a "film," not a "coating." To me, "coating" implies a complete, noticealby thick coverage, whereas a "film" would be a much thinner layer. Note the title of this thread.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/white_tongue.htm

I ALSO get acne when I have a white coated tongue.

However, I also figured out how to completely eliminate my white coated tongue ALONG with my acne.

I eat right for my metabolic type.

It's very strange and I don't know why it works, but when I am not eating right for my metabolic type, my tongue gets all white. In fact, my tongue gets all white BEFORE I ever get acne. The white tongue is the number one best symptom I have that I am out of metabolic balance AND that I will get acne soon.

But then I start eating right for my metabolic type and then bam...white tongue disappears. Acne no longer appears.

BTW I am a protein type so I don't know if this applies to other types, although I do know lots of protein types that have acne.

I ALSO get acne when I have a white coated tongue.

However, I also figured out how to completely eliminate my white coated tongue ALONG with my acne.

I eat right for my metabolic type.

It's very strange and I don't know why it works, but when I am not eating right for my metabolic type, my tongue gets all white. In fact, my tongue gets all white BEFORE I ever get acne. The white tongue is the number one best symptom I have that I am out of metabolic balance AND that I will get acne soon.

But then I start eating right for my metabolic type and then bam...white tongue disappears. Acne no longer appears.

BTW I am a protein type so I don't know if this applies to other types, although I do know lots of protein types that have acne.

thats eeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly what happens to me

If your on an antibiotic you could get a white tongue, because it will disturb the bacterial balance in your mouth. Also some people have got a more bushy tongue, which tends to get more white than others'.

Coated tougue means that something is wrong...and scraping the white residue off each morning isn't fixing the problem; its just masking it, in a way.