Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmberLynn

This may be a silly question...

Hey guys, its Amber. I finished accutane and am going to start taz very cautiously in the next week. Here is my question... since the beginning of May, I have not had a single pimple, so I am assuming that means I am completely purged... Well, is there a chance that taz could make me break out and ruin my accutane clear skin? I am scared.... Please respond guys, I trust what you say, hahaha :D

Hi Amber,

Amber, why start with Taz? Taz is one of the stronger retinoids yet, I believe even stronger than RetinA's highest concentration. You should avoid any complications and start up your post-Accutane regimen with a low RetinA .04%

That's how my derm started me off post-tane and kept me clear for 7 long years!

tazorac was s*** for my skin... made it break out randomly in places where I never had acne

K, not feeling too good about these responses... any more thoughts? Its .05 and the cream.

:(

When I first got onto Taz, after my course ended in Feb, I had ZERO breakouts. In fact, even now, I only get the random zit during the week of my period, the kind that go away in one day. Nothing major.

Just go slow. Try using it every third night for awhile and then ramping it up to a frequency that your skin can handle. I use it every night (.1%) now, but I still tend to get dry (I live in the dry desert, but you being in IN w/more humidity you may not get too dry). I also still use the Cetaphil cream, and the combo seems to be keeping me clear.

The long and short of it: You shouldn't experience an IB after just coming off 'tane. I didn't, anyway.

Good luck, and congrats on ending your course! Here's to long-term good skin!

Is there anyone else that started taz straight from coming off accutane?