Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stocko

I'm Still Red after a Year

Okay I must admit that the regimen is the worst thing I've done to my skin, a long long time ago I tried it and still to this day I am red, oily blablablabla.

It's great for my spots but the fuckin redness and oilyness it 10x worse! I use Biore Shine free cleanser, Dan's BP and Simple oil free moisturizer or Eucerin Daily renewal.

ITS PISSING ME OFF what do I do I have college in a month its fuckin not fair at all. I'm sick of it!

Okay I must admit that the regimen is the worst thing I've done to my skin, a long long time ago I tried it and still to this day I am red, oily blablablabla.

It's great for my spots but the fuckin redness and oilyness it 10x worse! I use Biore Shine free cleanser, Dan's BP and Simple oil free moisturizer or Eucerin Daily renewal.

ITS PISSING ME OFF what do I do I have college in a month its fuckin not fair at all. I'm sick of it!

Stocko,

I know you are frustrated, but each time you have tried the Regimen you have given up. You gotta be patient and give it time to work. Unless you have given it a strict 3 months of use, try to hang in there. Make sure you aren't using any additional products or being harsh to your skin.

Redness should subside in time. For the oilyness, try using less moisturizer, and just blot the shine off during the day.

If you just can't deal with it anymore, maybe you should consider a dermatologist appointment. Accutane is the only thing that will really stop that oil production.

My face has always been red since I've been on the Regimen. It never bothered me too much since I'd rather have a red tint than acne... but I always got asked if I went tanning or was sunburnt, etc... the Regimen also never helped my oily skin -- at all. In fact, I think it made it worse. Mousturizing is what does it in my opinion. My face doesn't need the extra oil.

That said, now, what I'm doing is using a facewash with 2% Salicylic Acid in it and then using BP Gel *only* in my worst area which is my chin and above my lip. The SA wash keeps my skin normal looking most of the day and since there is less oil now, less zits are forming in those areas so I don't need to use BP Gel.

Just something to think about seeing as your scenario seemed similar to mine.

My face has always been red since I've been on the Regimen. It never bothered me too much since I'd rather have a red tint than acne... but I always got asked if I went tanning or was sunburnt, etc... the Regimen also never helped my oily skin -- at all. In fact, I think it made it worse. Mousturizing is what does it in my opinion. My face doesn't need the extra oil.

That said, now, what I'm doing is using a facewash with 2% Salicylic Acid in it and then using BP Gel *only* in my worst area which is my chin and above my lip. The SA wash keeps my skin normal looking most of the day and since there is less oil now, less zits are forming in those areas so I don't need to use BP Gel.

Just something to think about seeing as your scenario seemed similar to mine.

hi everyone. i'm back, after having stopped the regimen for a few months because of this same problem. brandy may remember me -- i wrote her personally about my problem of hyperpigmentation with BP use. basically i looked as though i had a tan, and the discoloration was freaking me out more than the pimples.

well, i'm back for another try at it, since the pimples were clearing at the time i stopped. (i think i was on the reg for about 4-5 weeks when i stopped?) a few people i was talking to at the time were experiencing the same problem, and i think one of them mentioned using BP only at night, and not using the full amount dan recommends?

anyway, i'm going to try that approach, and see if there's any way in the world i can still do this regimen WITHOUT the discoloration. tonight is day 2, and i just found your post, stocko. does this (not just BP irritation, but an actual discoloration of the skin to an orangey-brown "tan") sound at all like what you're both experiencing? let's all stay on it and stay in touch... i really want this to work!

so what if u have given it strict 3 months, can u give up then?

i started in march some time and i altho it improved, still getting weird breakouts and red spots are all over my face that wont go away, and oily face. its definately worse.

i bought two tubes of csr thinking after the 2 tubes, confident that after the 2 tubes id be clear. it didnt happen. then i bought 4 bottles confident that it will eventually happen, still hasnt.

im trying something else, or maybe just stop trying altogether.

I'm still sticking to it, it's my only option. The only thing I can think of is ditch the cleanser so I dont get dry as much.

I'm 17, I've had acne since I was 11. That's 6 years, a big chunk of my life. A time were I'm meant to party and shit wish there was something I could do. The only thing I do is work out, but it's my FACE!