Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS NEEDED FOR EXPERIMENTS

How many people here have actually consumed beta-carotine or carrots IN LARGE QUANTITIES and reached the stage of orange skin and still have acne.

If no one raises a hand I will be the first try this experiment.

REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE REACHED THE STAGE OF ORANGE SKIN

From eating too many carrots you can actually ahve orange skin :o!!

I stopped eating loads of carrots a while ago, my skin is dark so it probably won't go orange. When I was eating carrots I noticed the bath mat turning orange :o Maybe the soles of my feet became orange LOL

your skin doesnt go completely ORANGE as such, but if u consume a lot of carrots u do get a bit of an orange tinge.

i went through a stage where i was eating about 10 carrots. my hands, feet and apparantly my face were growing an orange tint. i actually had a blood test that suggested my beta carontene levels were well above normal. there is actually a disorder that comes from eating too many carrots called hypercarotenemina. no i am not lying there really is such a thing, look it up if you dont believe me

anyway i was advised to stop eating so many carrots as it was actually bad for my health. the answer is yes i ate carrots to the point i was orange and yes i still had acne. it was very mild acne, but my acne has never been too bad.

i think your basing your idea on the fact carrots are a rich source of vitamen A. WEll i had acne and ate loads of carrots,.... its not gonna work like that mate

xox (coz ur an aussie too)

I drink carrot juice (the best way to get beta carotene out of carrots) and otherwise get a high amount of beta carotene almost daily... No orange skin though. Maybe it's because I don't drink 3 tall glasses of it like some fanatics, it'd get to be a pain in the ass paying for that many carrots seeing as one long carrot = one shot of juice.

Hypercarotenemina is harmless, not really a "disorder", and it's the easiest thing to treat, just stop being a carrot fanatic :)

Either way, research shows that beta carotene on the skin helps protect you from the skin, so I think if it got to the point where your skin turned orange, you would have very nice natural sun protection that never rubs off like creams and lotions :)

been trying this exact approach to treat my acne, my skin seems healthier and my back is clear now but still getting breakouts on my face, upped my beta carotene for three weeks now nothing dramatic though i still think it contributes to your overall skin health so i will continue to drink carrot juice either way.

but by the sound of others experiments this may lead me to another dead end.

Beta carotene is crucial for retinoic acid production in the body and tretinoin(retin-a) gel/cream is retinoic acid there is a connection there no doubt.

this thread was posted twice once in the mild to moderate acne section and once here, someone please delete one of them

ok.. edit this was posted THREE times another time in the emo section