Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~*~pana~*~

really needing to vent seeking advice

I think you're definatly being way too hard on yourself. Everyone here knows how you feel, and it's not uncommon to want to avoid contact with people because of it. Judging from that picture alone, I really don't see much of a problem. It looks mild to me. I know you might though and that's what matters. But really, you need to first understand that you're not alone, although you may feel like it. These boards are a great place to see that there are MANY people in the world who, like you, are suffering with acne and feel that they're not attractive because of it. I felt the same way sometimes too. That may just be because I'm ugly to begin with. Who knows, but chances are you're NOT ugly and you need to understand that.

Nobody wants acne, you don't, I don't. But you can't let it control your life. You need to be strong and keep your head up, literally and figuratively. I know it's hard, but try and be confident. Act as though it's not even there.

A lot of things said on these forums that need to be repeated:

- Most people who notice it are too polite to say anything about it, and those that do don't know any better.

- It's not like you asked for acne. It happened, and that doesn't make you any less of a person, despite what ignorant people think.

I'm a 20 year old male and I've suffered with acne since I was 13, and all throughout high school, mostly it was mild to moderate. But I picked at it a lot, and used a concealer throughout high school. This gave me confidence in every day situations, but I avoided things like sports, swimming, or being intimate with a girl because I was afraid it would come off. Lately I've stopped using it and have gone 3 weeks without picking, and I've noticed a drastic change. Right now, I only have 2-3 pimples, no nodules/cysts, and everything else is just red marks/redness from irritation.

I know exactly what you mean though, with the in between eyebrows. I have a whitehead that's strategically placed right in the middle of my eyebrows, like a bullseye too. I had one on my cheek, but that's gone down. But the eyebrow one seems to be stubborn. We have family friends coming over for a BBQ, and I've resorted to pretending I was sick so I wouldn't have to go out there. I also have a job interview tomorrow, so I hope that it goes away.

It's funny that I'm telling you to have a positive attitude and to not let it run your life, all the while sitting in my room pretending to be sick.

I'm such a hypocrite. :confused:

Anyway, back to you. It may be difficult, but you'll get through it. There is hope and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't let it get you down and we're here for you.

Thanks Borat, i appreciate you taking the time to say what you said and being so honest. I have done the "sick" thing too, way too many times and your right I shouldnt let something effecting my face effect my life.

what makes me go out more now is realizing it is what it is, its not anything I need to be hospitilazied for like a treminal illness and it wont change ME who I have always been on the inside and continue to grow into if I look within instead of simply outside you know.

its hard though, especially when you know the first thing others see is the outside and being 20... I have to remind myself that physical things are not truly "flaws" ,

if I let the acne "ruin" my life and shatter everything about who I am then it really has flawwed me.*** But hey good luck on that interview, they are looking for what you can do for them not if you have perfect skin so keep that confidence***

and yea i feel like a hypocrite myself too, its just harder to apply it to me