Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ENVYNYC

Not for profit? Really?

Dan, seriously I'm tired of hearing the 'not for profit' and 'I don't make anything off this' tune.

It's clearly bullshit, what pathetic is that you have group of followers that can't realize that.. perhaps you Dan is not Dan anymore but a marketing bullshit of a company.

How can all of you belive that Mr. Dan or should I call him 'Corporate Dan' does not make money off this? He redesigned his bottle (who cares about design?? oh wait!!), he has hired marketing personal to help with redesign and redistribution of his products, the clearskinregimen is a registered company who ever hired individuals, more over clearskinregimen.com has Hacker Save logo that costs $xxxx year.

So there is no profit at all... but 'Dan' is hiring marketing people, business directors and is able to afford fancy bullshit $4000/year hacker safe 'certificate' for eye candy.

Wake up, Dan is in this for the money, not for your acne, not to save you $10, no! Money.

So, whats wrong with that you ask? Nothing, what bothers me is 'Dans' I'm on doing this for profit bullshit motto. Stop bull shitting it's annoying.

Once he is able to get his product on 'real market' I can promise you that you will not see the 'low' prices anymore that are so low he does not make anything off it (yeah right!). This will turn into another bullshit product with 1000% markup. But go ahead help the 'Dan' out he does not make a penny off this.

Pathetic.

Dan, seriously I'm tired of hearing the 'not for profit' and 'I don't make anything off this' tune.

It's clearly bullshit, what pathetic is that you have group of followers that can't realize that.. perhaps you Dan is not Dan anymore but a marketing bullshit of a company.

How can all of you belive that Mr. Dan or should I call him 'Corporate Dan' does not make money off this? He redesigned his bottle (who cares about design?? oh wait!!), he has hired marketing personal to help with redesign and redistribution of his products, the clearskinregimen is a registered company who ever hired individuals, more over clearskinregimen.com has Hacker Save logo that costs $xxxx year.

So there is no profit at all... but 'Dan' is hiring marketing people, business directors and is able to afford fancy bullshit $4000/year hacker safe 'certificate' for eye candy.

Wake up, Dan is in this for the money, not for your acne, not to save you $10, no! Money.

So, whats wrong with that you ask? Nothing, what bothers me is 'Dans' I'm on doing this for profit bullshit motto. Stop bull shitting it's annoying.

Once he is able to get his product on 'real market' I can promise you that you will not see the 'low' prices anymore that are so low he does not make anything off it (yeah right!). This will turn into another bullshit product with 1000% markup. But go ahead help the 'Dan' out he does not make a penny off this.

Pathetic.

The regime didn't work for you ?

Hehe... Ive been thinking the same. Considering he has sold like 100,000 bottles of the bp gel, he is bound to make some money. Additionally stuff like the logo and site are also costly as well as the manager. This all said, one cannot deny the effectiveness of Dan's regimen. I mean it is a new concept and seems to have a high rate of effectiveness. I mean if Dan had eaten up a serious amount of the cosmetics market in the U.S he would have definately have gotten some competition from others. Until that day, we should appriciate what he is doing for us. Ok, Dan isn't a saint, but he does 'help' many acne sufferers. Think of it this way, if Dan had reduced the price of his items, he would not be able to further develop his products and reach more people. "To make money one needs to spend money..."

It's good that we're just not sheep, but at the same time consider the factors involved.

Have a nice day.!

Dude, why do you even care? It's not your problem really, and he has hundreds (thousands?) satisfied customers, who would probably be willing to pay even more for it. Plus I can assure you that the development and research is VERY expensive. And about the logo.. That kinda shows that he in fact DOESN'T do it for profit, because if he did, he wouldn't have that logo. Nono, he would have gone out and bought himself a new TV. But as you can see he doesn't do it for profit and probably used the money on something more useful for this community/product.

Pathetic.

Dan earns no money from the regimen. All products can be bought at any drugstore. He made his own BP because it is much cheaper and better formulated. The only other real option is Neutrogena on the spot.

On the spot costs about $6 per .75 oz.

Dan's Bp is $8 per 4 Oz.

An equal amount of neutorgena would costs about $30 at a drugstore.

If Dan is trying to make a profit he is a fucking moron then. Why would he undercut the only competition he has by about $22? He would charge much more is he was just trying to make money.

In the end, the CSR can be performed using common products from the drugstore earning the evil Dan no money whatsoever (oh yeah, this website and the Regimen were around years before he came out with any products for your information). Bye,.

that can go to hell who gives a damn if dan makes money off of it, it still works for alot of people and he does care about our acne, he also reccomeds products like cetaphil, nuetrogenea and purpose do you think he makes money from that? it is just a cheaper option to have the CSR BP and Cleanser

If Dan is trying to make a profit he is a fucking moron then. Why would he undercut the only competition he has by about $22?

Cheers. :clap:

If you don't want to support organizations that generate profits, then go buy nothing but Northwest Airlines tickets. To me, the benefit of clear skin is worth what I pay to Dan for his gel, and if what I pay to Dan happens to be more than what it costs him to make the gel, so what?

If Dan is trying to make a profit he is a fucking moron then. Why would he undercut the only competition he has by about $22?

Cheers. :clap:

Seconded.

I don't think there's a need to "apologize" for financial success. Dan makes money, and I hope he makes lots and lots more money.

The point of business is to make money. He sells us a product, which we prefer to buy, because of its superior quality and low price - he makes money from it. I don't see how that's bad. That's the point of capitalism, and the US of A.

Simple supply and demand. Dan provides the supply, but he also created the demand for his product, by inventing the regimen. Pretty ingenious actually.

Where does it say "not for profit?"

I want Dan to make lots of money. Then he can make a TV commercial to rival Proactiv and Neutrogena, and Murad, and all those other bullshit ripoff companies. This will create competition, and more attention would be payed to finding solutions for acne.

It would also be great, is if Dan invests in some "causes of acne" research - diet specifically (even though he doesn't believe in the connection) it's clear that acne is a western problem, which is caused by the western way of life, including diet.

I think most of you have missed the original poster's point. He said himself that he doesn't mind Dan making money, it's that he pretends that he's not doing it at all for profit (to restate someone else's opinion, not my own).

I mean it is a new concept

I can see where he's coming from. Dan doesn't need to mislead everyone, but it is very clear that he is making money doing what he is doing. Is that a good thing? Hell yes it is. I wish I was making money right now. But, he should just come out and say, this has now become a profitable business, and I am no longer "not making any profit." It's all good either way, people aren't that stupid to believe he's not making money...well, at least I hope they aren't.

I don't believe that Dan ever said that he isn't making any money off the gel/cleanser. What I believe Dan have consistently said is that he is not making any money off the shipping/handling and has tried to keep cost on the gel/cleanser at a minimum.

If any of you had taken any business course than you would know that keeping cost to a minimum includes a built in profit. If it does not include such, then Dan is better off doing something else. Put it in layman's term, if Dan have 10 dollars to invest, if he can get a 10% return from market fund, why would he spent that 10 dollar on making the gel/cleanser and supplying it to you if he doesn't earn atleast 10%?

Certainly, we can view this as an investment in future earning and htat Dan may not be even making the profit that's built in in running a business but the gel has been out for years, let's just say it is pretty stable and should bringing in enough income to warrant continual production.

Let's be realistic and not misquote Dan. CSR is not for profit. Dan put out all the information there without asking for any return. The CSR products are for profit which Dan has tried to keep it at a minimum to make his products affordable to most. You can take that for what it is and speculate all you want on what his profit margin is, but what's the point? Is the product affordable and effective is all that is relative to us, not what he consider keeping cost at a *minimum* mean.

Let's take the cleanser for example. Before it came out, people speculated on waht it will cost and Dan threw out a number, $10.50 and said that he will have to wait to have the acutal cost down. That $10.50 figure was well received and many would probably had gone with that number. However, when it finally became available, I was surprised that it was priced at $9.50, 1 dollars off the estimated price. Now, I am willing to put good money down that most people will just keep it at $10.50 even when they realize that they could still make the built-in profit priced at $9.50. Keep in mind that 1 dollar is more than 10% of the final price that it cost us. I would wager that even good honest folk would just cut it to an even 10dollars for the token decrease and pocket the extra 50 cents.

Since it has been more than a year since you last posted OP, I believe that you will only check back to check the result of your post. It must be interesting to see that people have gone the different way. I for one hope Dan makes lots and lots of money so that his product can continue to be available. When the day comes as you stated that Dan finds the larger market and his products become costly, well then, simple economics... His customers will look for something else and someone else will see an opportunity and find enough motivation to emulate Dan's business. Business 101.

bye.

Dan originally made a website hosted on another forum to help people.

after the response he got he made acne.org and all the regimen help etc and had NO PRODUCTS that were his own.

it was all recommended products (obviously no profit)

now dan has products that were made for him and for the CSR regimen to HELP US get the results we need.

im pretty saddened that the negative people here are finding a fault with that even now.

Dan, started out with the ONLY intention to help RANDOM people on the internet who suffer from acne.

Now to be honest i couldnt care if he is driving round in a Bentley made of diamonds and uses 100$bills to wipe his butt with as he deserves it (just for arguments sake ill clarify he doesnt do this in real life)

as for marketting developers etc, this is to try and get the CSR products available overseas from AMERICA.

and unles you have studied business etc then you arnt going to be able to do this.

Dan certainly couldnt and wouldnt even have time if he could.

again, its to help people.

and lastly, the low prices in shops that MIGHT happen is down to the shops not DAN.

and im sure if you compared the price of the Gel in CVS (if it ever happens)

to what it was before, you wil realise WITH shipping it was probably just as cheap so therefore dan wasnt making much profit at all.

IPB Image

Wasabi's got the capitalist thing going... ;)

Dan is not profit maximizing as he could have done so as to gain a larger amount of market share. However, his current stategy ensures that he will increase his long-run profits as more people are testing his products at a price of $8.50 rather than $10. He is below the equilibrium price of BP. Even so, the opportunity cost of producing BP is low considering the outsourcing of manufacturing and distribution. Dan is a business man like many others. Until the U.S government starts subsidizing medication so that they can feel the price of stiff costs, Dan will be our only saviour.

I appriciate everything Dan has done in comparison to other people like Mr. 'Pfizer' or Ms. 'Cosmetics industry'. He has made life more livable for the upper-middleclass. However, that said, BP is still a luxury for the biggest portion of the world's population, where daily survival itself is of stress..

Have a nice day and appriciate life will ya!

Well, I did research on the mission statments and it didn't say anything about not for profit. The only not for profit theme was the Clear up skincare group that educates about acne.

I think originally Dan didn't make the regimen to sell products as it says in the mission statement, but from the initial success it eventually became a goal and an innovative financial idea. Obviously, Dan is making much money off of his idea and is doing it very successfully. He is smart for selling products at lower prices and in larger amounts then the competition. This is the foundation of his success.

If he ever were to raise his prices he probably wouldn't make as much, but I'm sure he knows that. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts advertising in magazines and maybe on TV. That appears to be the next logical step to expand his business and I'm pretty sure it will happen sooner or later.

To the original poster, you sound more jealous of his financial prosperity then anything. If Dan does come out now and still say it is not for profit, then I would agree with you, but I do not think he still believes his business is not for profit now.

I do make a profit from the products. I've never pretended not to. If I didn't make a profit I wouldn't be able to make more products. As far as I know you can't run a business without making a profit. I think the confusion lies in me stating that I did not start Acne.org in order to make money. This is true. I ran acne.org for 8 years or so without ever selling anything. I tried for a few years to get large brand names to make better and larger products for us at a lower cost and after I realized they weren't going to, I decided to make some for us myself.

I try to be up front about making a profit. In fact, I've been stating it openly for as long as I can remember since I started selling products. You can see here: http://www.clearskinregimen.com/cart.php?t...nfo#inexpensive

I charge a low price because I feel it's the right thing to do. If that makes me a moron so be it :) But I can still make a profit while charging such low prices for reasons stated in the link above.

Anyway, I welcome comments like this one and will always welcome them. I think it's important that consumers constantly keep businesses honest by questioning their motives.

Guest yoyoma

Y'all....I saw Dan in the streets of San Francisco the other day, crusin' with his Bentley ridin' on dhem 22"...dat mofo is Blinginz' yo

Word.

No seriously...I'd say Dan is one of the fortunate ones who started something and (perhaps saw a business opportunity?) later on the business grew and now he is reaping the benefits....the word is 'fortunate'. Plus he got members of the boards here helping (Frances for one) with marketing, ideas, etc...where everywhere else you'd have to pay a pretty hefty amount for marketting professionals, business consultant, etc...again, it just so happen these people helped him willingly, so it's fortunate of him to get the help from these people. Mods....out of how many mods, only Brandy is the one that got paid, the rest are volunteers (well, except for having like five tubes of free BP and free shipping...I still got a few myself LOL..thanks DAN :) )

Since Dan himself replied and honestly said that he is making money off this (and any of you who thinks that he is not...), good for you. I'm sure some of us wishes that we thought of this idea too

:lol::whistle::razz::clap::dance:

shrug he's helping alotta people out and he's not in it just for himself

ontop of it, think of this website how much it costs to keep it running with bandwidth and keep the forums running etc it's not exactly cheap

if he wasn't making money , there's be no acne.org it'd most likely have to be shut down due to costs

who would want that? this is one of the better websites on skin care around, which isn't tryin to sell bs products to people

Ill tell you how dan could probably make a large profit.

He could try to manufacturer a chemical free alternative of his facial cleanser. Theres a growing awareness of consumers on the chemicals put into cosmetic products.

more people are unsure about how safe some of this stuff is. I know there does not seem to be a large amount of independent research, concerning safety of cosmetics, but I for one try to avoid as many as I can.

Of course, many so called natural elements can also be harmful, but it seems our lives are full of chemicals wherever we turn. So a good cost effective truly natural product, would be a winner I think.

He could try to manufacturer a chemical free alternative of his facial cleanser. Theres a growing awareness of consumers on the chemicals put into cosmetic products.

more people are unsure about how safe some of this stuff is. I know there does not seem to be a large amount of independent research, concerning safety of cosmetics, but I for one try to avoid as many as I can.

Of course, many so called natural elements can also be harmful, but it seems our lives are full of chemicals wherever we turn. So a good cost effective truly natural product, would be a winner I think.

lol i take u didnt read which was this product was leaning towards

hehe

lol i take u didnt read which was this product was leaning towards

hehe

What I do? LOL.

I often miss stuff lol

:lol: