Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

It takes a LONG time for BP to absorb

It shouldn't take longer than 5 mins, unless you're doing sectioning, but even still, no longer than 15 mins, tops.

So, you mean that you are sitting in the bathroom for 40 mins, running your fingers very lightly over your face to get it absorbed? I wouldn't understand why it would take so long.

It might be your application method. What areas are you covering with that one finger? How do you apply?

yep, and in the end, there are white streaks on my face, because it doesn't absorb completely

I put a line of BP on my finger, put it on my skin, and swirl it around gently until it dries.

Have you tried using the entire length of your finger to spread it in long, outward strokes? I find when you use a circular motion it just cakes up and doesn't absorb as well. Also, how much of your face are you using the one finger for? If it's just a small portion, one finger might be too much.

whole face = 1 finger

maybe it's because it's hot here and my face is sweating while I'm doing this?

It could be, or it could be because your face isn't completely dry after washing and before putting on BP.

I really think you could solve the problem with just applying it differently. Do you do your face one section at a time? Like perhaps start with around mouth, then nose, then cheek, other cheek, and finish with forehead? Also, I think changing from swirling motion to long outward strokes will help it absorb, as well as using all four fingers together so there's more skin-to-skin contact.

1 full finger of BP takes anout 40 minutes to absorb. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Do you use a cleaser to clean you face before you apply the BP ?

Without question, it is the weather conditions. We are going through a several day power outage here, and it takes about 45 min for BP to dry. Even then, its not completely dry. Under normal conditions, usually about 15 minutes.

When it's hot or humid outside, it takes forever for me to get BP to absorb. Try applying it for about 5 minutes and then sitting right in front of a fan and smoothing things out more. This really speeds up the application time on days when the weather is working against your skin!

sitting in front of a fan sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't the BP leave white streaks then, since the water will evaporate faster?

Not in my experience with Dan's gel. If you do try to spread it out evenly for five minutes or so before jumping in front of a fan, that will help.

Maybe I should describe what I do when it's hot out more clearly:

- apply BP gently like normal for five minutes

- sit in front of a fan for a minute or so smearing the BP around still

- back to mirror, check for areas that need more spreading, keep spreading around BP

- back to fan, blast face with more air, not touching face too much at this point except where it still needs more work

- back to mirror to check on how gel looks, usually just fine

Then even though it's usually pretty dry by this point, I still wait another 15 minutes or so before moisturizing. During this time I'm usually checking email, getting dressed, etc. but I do keep a fan pointed at my face, just not nearly as close as when applying the BP so that I don't overdry.

It might take you a little trial and error to get it right wherever you live and however you apply your BP, but the fan is incredibly helpful.