Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bullettrain

What a great derm (accutane)

I went to see the derm today and when we went to the backroom he asked me what my situation was. I told him that I've had acne for years and was looking for treatment. He then asked me what I wanted and I said accutane. He said that's all I needed to hear and started getting the paper work ready for it. I then started to list the drugs I've taken that haven't worked and he didn't even need to hear it. He asked if I knew the side effects I said yes and that was that. I was surprised that he was willing to give it so easily. He is a young doctor and he knows that accutane isn't really that bad and knows that it works and was willing to prescribe it without a fight. Of course the only problem was that he didn't activate the Ipledge card so I have to wait till Monday before the pharmacy will give file the prescription. What a stupid program.

Grats man, I know I was syked when I got it to, Accutane day 11 for me.

It will clear you up.

How's yer acne?

I have mild to moderate, but for the last few months it's been on the moderate side and was looking like it could possibly progess to severe, or at least cause enough damage to leave scars. The thing is that since Wednesday I have only had a few small pimples form and the bigger ones have healed down to a decent level. My face has looked the best it has for at least a month, but it's still bad enough. Before that I was getting big white heads and big red pimples almost every day and it was looking real bad.

LOL, funny how you're on the same boat as me.

I've tried all these derms with my mild to moderate (3 in total) they wouldn't give me accutane.

I got refered to a paediatrician from my family doctor because he wanted her to refer me to a physcologist (sp?). She asked what I wanted, took 2 appointments to convince her that's the only thing I'd tried, have tried every drug and topical except Doxy. The shrink says I'm the most non-depressed person she's seen in months.

Now im on day 11 of accutane, small breakouts but it's all part of the program, hehe.

It will clear us.!

What I did is I made sure this derm prescribed accutane before I made the appointment. I called up about 6 different places before this one and there was always some problem. Either they didn't prescribe accutante or I had to wait a few months before I could get an appointment. I called one place up and asked if they prescribed accutane and they said no but they asked me where I lived and gave me a list of derms that did. Luckily this derm is located near by, had an appointment available within a week and a half and prescribed accutane. I didn't have to pay for the visit but I'm going to have to pay 98$ a month for this pills, but that's more than worth it because I know there's a very good chance this drug will clear me up.

Are you in Canada or the US?

I know in Canada the prices dropped for non-insuraned people.

I think US may change too, I'm not sure on that story.

Are you in Canada or the US?

I know in Canada the prices dropped for non-insuraned people.

I think US may change too, I'm not sure on that story.

I'm in the US. I think the only reason that it costs $98 is because I'm covered under my parents plan and they have to get prescription medicine all the time and my mom has to go to the doctors a lot. Otherwise I think the plan would cover it even more. But still, $98 instead of $500 is pretty good. So i'm basically paying $588 to get rid of my acne. I think that's more than worth it. And that's assuming I go the full 6 months so it could be even less.

Dude you're right. Fuck money when you got acne. Use the money to get clear.

I know I told my dad, if this last derm didn't perscribe me accutane I would buy it off the net with my Christmas money+bday money. (Which I don't suggest to anyone by the way.)