Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

Is it normal not to want a relationship cause of acne??

sure it is. im still very insure about it when i havE a bad breakout, and ive been with my girlfriend for a long time.

I'm 15 and haven't had a GF yet. What's that tell you.

Dont worry about it mate. Many people never had a gf until 19 or older.

As for the topic... it sure is. I do know some girls are into me, but I can never give back their feelings simply because I'm insure about msyelf even when I know they dont mind my acne.

Frigging acne :wall:

One of the major problems I have w/ my GF is the possibility of having a breakout. I feel so insecure when I have broken out, and only the thought of it makes me want to escape. So, yes, it's normal.

As for the topic... it sure is. I do know some girls are into me, but I can never give back their feelings simply because I'm insure about msyelf even when I know they dont mind my acne.

Not to be cocky or anything, but tons of girls like me around the city. Problem is my acne is kinda mild but it just makes ME feel bad about relationships but not about friendships.

yup its normal i just recently broke it off with a girl because of stupid acne

Guest yoyoma

Not to be cocky or anything, but tons of girls like me around the city. Problem is my acne is kinda mild but it just makes ME feel bad about relationships but not about friendships.

You may wanna take advantage of it...not to be a man-whore, but at least go out on casual dates or something...enjoy your life while you're still young...trust me..when you're 30 and you're still single you'll kick yourself in the ass and wish you would've gone out with them.

Seriously.

Well it's normal to not want a relationship because of it, but I think you should just try to ignore it at least in front of your significant other. Merely, mention that you're breaking out or something and she or he would probably understand that it is a problem and leave it at that.

The more you can focus on other things while in the relationship, the more he or she will ignore it as well and your insecurities will go away. :angel:

At 15 a lot of people havent had GFs but at 19 id say 90=% of people have had a BF/GF hell even i ve had a couple

yup its normal i just recently broke it off with a girl because of stupid acne

What a convenient excuse.

Of course it's normal, just don't become a recluse. Get out, stay in contact with your friends, coz good friends don't care what you look like from day to day. As weird as it sounds, I think having good friends who you trust is an important part of learning how to be in a good relationship. If your simple-minded like me you can think of your friends like a hot plate, keeping your social skills warm, so that you aren't going into the fiery oven of "relationship" all cold.

That was an awful analogy. I did say I was simple-minded.

Of course it's normal, just don't become a recluse. Get out, stay in contact with your friends, coz good friends don't care what you look like from day to day. As weird as it sounds, I think having good friends who you trust is an important part of learning how to be in a good relationship. If your simple-minded like me you can think of your friends like a hot plate, keeping your social skills warm, so that you aren't going into the fiery oven of "relationship" all cold.

That was an awful analogy. I did say I was simple-minded.

lol interesting way to look at it.

But yeah, what everyone else said. I agree with everyone that it is normal not to want one. I'm like that right now. As Peavey said though, don't let it bother you SO much that you don't go outside or socialize with friends.

As said, good friends don't care what you look like. Sometimes you'll be lucky to have one (or several) friendships that are so good that you actively, and playfully, make fun of each other. I have several friendships like this, and with all of them, we've known each other for such a long time that we can say something that is usually hurtful but we know that the other is going to take it as a joke.

If you have a friendship like this, and a friend makes a joke about your acne, and it bothers you, let them know. You have to be able to take a joke yourself, but it can get to the point where it's no longer funny, but hurtful to you. How they react to you bringing it up will let you know if they're really your friend.

Thanks for all the replies :) you ppl are great and i really apprecieate the fact that you do your best to help others who are in similar situations.

I have read a lot of really good replies in this thread and they make a lot of scence, its just hard to put on a brave face and ignore what you look like at times, sometimes it really gets to me but im trying to just forget bout it and get on with life ya know...

i got a gf and i love her to death and she says that she loves me too, its just hard cause most of the time i feel bad bout her being with me, she could find a much better guy if she wanted so i dunno, its hard to love someone when you dont like yourself..

I didnt have a gf up until 2 months ago O_O (i'm 17 years and 7 months old)

Next problems is getting rid of virginity. Before I had a relationship I was horny like hell and thought it's a piece of cake. Now I'm actually kinda afraid to do it =) even though my gf already offered me sex. Over the phone. And while we walked outside. Damnit %)))

I feel the same way, if i feel very low about myself I feel like i dont want to give another person the chance to feel that way about me too, or worse use them simply to build myself up when I really should have some self esteem to start off. I dont think its a good idea to get into a relationship with really low self esteem, it makes you really dependent on that person to make you feel good or better about yourself, and that is a lot to expect from someone else even if they love you. I feel too like how can i be in a relationship and give affection or care when at the time i really dont care so much for myself. :think:

I havent had a serious relationship every since my acne got noticable. Thats been about 2 years now, I think its normal because no girl wants a guy thats insecure about themselves. I have talked to girls but never got serious enough to have a relationshiplately, and now that I have started clearing up, my cofidence is growing day-by-day.

A class clown can have plenty of things wrong with him and everyone still likes him because he stands out and doesnt care what people think. Its hard for us to come to the reality and get the balls to stand out though. :boohoo:

I didn't have a "girlfriend" until I was 18, and even then, it was a shallow and generally worthless relationship. It's better to wait and find somebody who actually cares for you and who you actually care for.

if any of my guy friends gave a shit about my acne i'd just call them gay, cause what are they to care about how i look, and as for my close girl friends i really don't think that they care.

It may be normal but its UNHEALTHY and SELF DESTRUCTIVE. Lets get past ourselves and the acne. Are we that weak? Don't turn away relationships over stupid shit. What if that other person wants a relationship with you? If the other person wasn't interested in you than you wouldn't be here asking.