Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dingo Jellybean

Digestive Enzymes

Has anyone tried these?

My stools have been pretty loose and even when I consume 9g of fiber, I still take pretty hefty dumps. Can digestive enzymes help with this? Does it cause breakouts? Does anyone who used these have some degree of success?

The answer to your question can be complicated. To help you more we need more information about you. What you eat etc. etc.

I've taken nearly every Digestive Enzyme on the market and have had some success and some not so good things happen.

If you want to hear about my expericnces just let me know.

On a serious note though, if you've not changed your diet and started experiencing stool problems that continue for more than a couple weeks, then see your doctor to make sure nothing more serious isn't going on.

The answer to your question can be complicated. To help you more we need more information about you. What you eat etc. etc.

I've taken nearly every Digestive Enzyme on the market and have had some success and some not so good things happen.

On a serious note though, if you've not changed your diet and started experiencing stool problems that continue for more than a couple weeks, then see your doctor to make sure nothing more serious isn't going on.

Well, I'm going to see an endocronologist about my under active thyroid. I've always been underweight, no matter how much I eat.

But I am interested in your experiences.

I take digestive enzymes sometimes and it will not break you out..if anything it will help your skin since its helping your stomach digest food, it gives your stomach a break and your skin has extra energy to take care of itself. Not sure if it will help your stools. The idea with digestive enzymes is that it breaks down your food better so you get more energy from what you eat rather than maybe half of what you eat. I noticed that it made me hungrier sometimes, but thats about it. A lot of body builders take it to get more energy/vitamins/minerals from their food.

Digestive enzymes are great, and I take them after hard to digest meals. I think they do a good amount to resolve stool / digestion problems, but only as long as you're taking them. I also think they'll lessen breakouts, but it should be noted that you're not really treating the cause when you take them, you're just bandaiding and using them as a crutch for bad digestion (if you have that problem like I sometimes do). Anyways I've been having a lot of gas and shit like that lately so I started taking P&B shakes 2x daily and it's really been helping, and digestion is getting better too... I remember back in the day I never had much of digestive problems unless I overate, and everyone gets that. Some forms of medicine like Ayurveda go as far to say once all digestive problems are resolved, acne will clear completely...

What "not so good" things happened with the enzymes? curious..