Find results in...
markymark

Need your help everyone! pics here

vbeam or peel  

10 members have voted

1. 1. which should i get a peel or vbeam

• vbeam
    • peel

What do you think I should get for these redmarks? Vbeam or something like a jessner or tca peel? I've never really had a tca peel and I was thinking it might help me. Vbeam has been helping a lot so far but the past 2 months have given me very minimal results so I was thinking of trying something new. I'll be doing something in the next week so I'm gonna go by your votes as to which you think would benefit me most a peel or vbeam. Thanks

post-33507-1153539519_thumb.jpg

post-33507-1153539519_thumb.jpg

Guest nec77

vitamin e, c, emu and jojoba oil are supposed to help. maybe if you mixed them all together it would be awesome. glycolic acid helps a little. i think time is the only thing that'll eliminate them (i think some take like 10 years) :(. you look a lot better though. when i first saw my derm. he told me to use glycolic acid + vitamin c serum. i saw him a 2nd time and he said i should continue using the stuff but with a higher % glycolic acid. i wonder if vbeam would just be better. my marks aren't very big though.

maybe a vitamin c bar soap would also help.

ok...time is not one of the options. please follow directions tap

Why is time not an option? Are you going somewhere where acne is not allowed? :P Try using cocoa butter. It has vitamin E. It will make the redness go down and shouldn't break out your face further. I'd stay away from any kind of procedures unless you get really really bad.

Why is time not an option? Are you going somewhere where acne is not allowed? :P Try using cocoa butter. It has vitamin E. It will make the redness go down and shouldn't break out your face further. I'd stay away from any kind of procedures unless you get really really bad.

i meant time is not an option on the poll. And everyone knows time will heal, I dont need to hear that. Obviously I'm looking for a faster alternative.

Guest nec77

do the peel if the vbeam isnt helping. just make sure you know how to do it.

maybe paul mitchell conditioner would help lol

Ingredients:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth 2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol/White Ginger/Dimethicone Copolyol, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis/Chamomile (chamomile extract is in bio-oil)/, Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary(rosemary oils are in bio-oil)/Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheatgerm-amidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

i voted peel but i take it back

Asians: PLEASE DO NOT ever use glycolic acid peels, because they will cause hyperpigmentation. Asians are much more predisposed to producing melanin, even though they can have relatively fair skin, which will make you unhappy.

marky i thought u udid vbeam a long time ago

i started in jan 06 when the spots were really really really red. Now they are much better but my last 2 treatments have yielded minimal results so I'm thinking of trying a peel. But I'm not so sure it will help so I'm trying to decide whether I should do a peel or continue with the vbeam. Thanks for whoever voted!!!

Your poll appears to be flawed since there is no 3rd option that says none of the above. For this reason I did not take part in the voting. :whistle:

Peels are cheaper, you're planning to buy it online right?

no im gonna have the dermatologist do it. Id rather pay money knowing that its properly done. I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to screw my face up even more.

yeah I keep going back and forth between the 2 but I am still very unsure. Peeling off a layer of my skin does sound nice...I think it might help lighten the marks, but there's no way of really knowing until I try it.

Guest nec77

well im still undecided. It's hard to get any responses on this website, everyone is just out for themselves.

im still using the glycolic cleanser and vitamin c serum and my marks are better now. i asked my derm. what is helping and he said both products help for red marks. im using a pretty low % too. i think the peel is your best bet. if vbeam not helping. just make sure its ok for your skin type.

yeah ive already made an appointment for a peel, probably a jessner peel. If I don't see good results I will go back to the vbeam but for now maybe a change of pace will help accelerate the healing process.

I no longer believe in creams and lotions because absolutely EVERYONE thinks they work WONDERS!!! I really hate that phrase now" it works wonders". how many times have you seen someone on this site say it works wonders and their redmarks have been reduced 50% overnight?!?!?! that's impossible, some people have red marks for years. I only believe in actual treatments for the skin, nothing topical has helped me. My doctor says it's blood under the skin, there's no topical that can go down that deep to have any impact.

looking at ur skin i don't think anything topical will do much as you already know.

if you are really that worried and want to take a risk i'd do something strong like the peel.

i have very similar marks to yours... but i cant seem to get a good pic of it to post here. i'm also trying to find something that works for me, but i have no clue where to start, and the ppl here dont seem too keen on helping me either :doubt:

anyways, i hope you let us all know if you find anything that seems to be working for you.. i sure could use some suggestions! GOOD LUCK!

I just noticed how red your red marks are. It makes me feel better about my own marks. Thanks.

just to let you know...this isnt a very nice comment. Im sure many feel this way but they dont actually write it...

hey markymark! i had two peels in the last three weeks. its called a "spanish peel" where i live.. i think its similar to a jessner's peel, but slightly weaker because i start peelign around the 3rd day and dont turn brown like u described... anyway, my red marks dont usually take that logn to go away. 3months for even the biggest cysts at most.. but the spanish peel has really helped. my marks are about 50% faded in less than three weeks. :) i got better results with teh second peel, because the first peel was more to correct my oiliness and active acne. m sure ur second peel will be better. :)

i am scheduled for v-beam tomorrow. :) i'll keep u updated. i am asian, by the way. :)