Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Hey guys im New!!!!

Hey guys! :dance:

I just joined today! After doing bloodwork, and FINALLY getting perscription, i took 1st pill tongiht at dinner! Im VERY excited! I have no pics yet, but i have "Case III" acne, meaning its scarring...? I only have it on my face, and only 1 or 2 on front and back... They are red, no blackheads, and some are deep. I dont think they look that bad, but when i wash face for 1st time in morning, all goes bright red :( Will take pics in morning... Im wondering if theres anything i should be worrying about fo rthe 1st couple weeks. The Doctor has got be taking ONE 40mg pill every day for 3 weeks, then when 3 weeks into it, start taking 2 a day...Does this show how bad my acne is? or. (As in should i be scared at this level? Or is it normal?) Thanks guys, im 16 by the way, andc have had acne for 2 years, and hate seeing my freind compalin about 1 zit, when my cheecks have lots, so i want it GONE FOR EVER!!!!

ps- I wear my moms makeup some times, its simple Maybaline coverup, will this hurt my skin? I just hate the redness.... and feel this releives me from to much embarssment :(

Tango :angel:

Hey there!

Today is the 1st day after i woke up after taking 1st pill last night :D I feel the same, no difference yet. Ill get a pic of what my face looked like 4 weeks ago. Here it is:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...mgAnch=imgAnch1

I dont have anymore on my forehead, that pic was just during a break out. As i say that, i just looked in the mirror, and have two small ones have formed from lastngiht :( SHOOT! Ok, i =just popped them, and they are empty, hopefully will go away now...

The reason i wanted to start Accutane now, was becuase it is summer holidays, and i still have 44 days off school :D Do you think my breakout will be over by then? HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tango :)

Hi Tango and welcome!

Good luck with the Accutane. And if you need to wear a bit of coverup or makeup, just be sure the product is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Thanks Brandy!

I was thinking no one was going to welcome me :( lol. Its only been like 18 hours since i took my 1st pill, and noticed nothing yet still. Im soo excited! This means, my face will be clear for christmas!!! :D If not then around Dec. 1st hopefully! :D lol

haha i know how it feels.. don't worry it'll take at least a few days before the effects kick in. anyway it's so cute how excited you are! :lol:

anyway good luck with 'tane! :)

Thanks guys!

Took 2nd pill tonight :D noticed two zits that were formed under my skin were white heads today, and popped them. I got one on my nose, popped it, seems to be fading already. Will update in morning...

OMGOMG- Sweet! Lets keep in touch ok!?!? Did you start a log?

Imogen- Thanks, im VERY excited! I HATEEEEEEE ACNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO NASTY! And want clear skin in 4 months for rest of life. I know it will get worse before it gets better, and life will suck at times, but im going to stay comited, and i know patience is the key with this drug... and if i want good results, i will have ups and downs... so must continure until satisfied!

Thanks guys!

hi there!

good luck with your treatment! it's good that you're excited...just try to keep a good attitude about it even when things aren't so great.

And about the popping...when you're on accutane you scar more easily...at least i believe so. So you might wanna watch out with that...and I discovered no matter how embarassing it is it heals alot better if you don't mess with it. And you create redness by messing with it too..making it even MORE noticeable.

Just trying to help and good luck!!!

Sweet thanks annelovesyou!

I know, but i hate the look when i see someone have a white head, and its ready to be popped... Looks digusting! Id rather have some red swelling than a white head. lol.

DAY 2:

So far so good... No more pimples appearing, face isnt oilier, nor dryer than usual... looks the same, just no new acne. Thats about it for now. Take 3rd pill tonight, and will update tomrrow again. Ill try to find my camera, and take new pics, but my family and i are currently moving (Only 4 minuites from where we live now) so everything is in boxes pretty much, as we start moving tomrrow :D Im excited, and i get a new budgie on Augst 1st, AND i get to setup my 46g fish tank when we move :D (Ps- I love pets, and go crazy everytime i get more...lol)...

Overall, im just hoping my breakout fades down before shcool which starts again on the 5th of Septemeber.... so thats 42 days from now, s hopfully.... lol Thanks guys!

Day 3:

My exhisting acne is peeling... As in the scabs are all white, and are peelin off. I dont know if it is from Accutane, but has anyone else had this happen to them before? OTher than that, nothing more. Skins less oily :D , and i guess thats about it. So sore muscles, or whatever, no pains, no heacheaches.... im good to go! I just hope my acne is gone by early December, then ill be 'proud' to be in family photos, or visit family and not be so embarassed about my skin. Today, my family and i gett he keys to new house, so we started moving things over to it :D Its fabulous! But we dont have kitchen cupboards becuase of a 'shipping delay"... so were not happy about that. This means we have to live out of boxes for 3 weeks... :( Stupid ass people! Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tango

my skin does that sometimes with the peeling. Its just a part of the healing process I guess! I just went on a family vacation and it was awesome that whenever my grandma wanted to take a picture I wasn't self concious about my skin. I just had to worry about my hair!! JK Good luck and keep posting!

Taren

Thansk Trenem! lol

aldone- Great keep me posted!

GUYS!!! I MISSED MINE TONIHGT!!!!! We were busy moving, and forgot all about it. Can i take 1 with breakfast tommorrow, then one at night, and ill be caught up orrrr...? :(

Tango

Thanks Laura!

My skins WAYYY LESS OILY! ! ! ! ! :D:D:D And i missed a pill! lol. I was suppose to take one lasnight with dinner like usual, but we were are our new house for dinner, and didnt have my pills, then i forgot to ttake it at night. So, should i take it with beakfast this morning, then ill be caught up to date, and take my next tongiht at dinner like i should? So id have 2 today? Thanks guys....!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!

I was rushing before, hence my spelling mistakes, lol. So yes, i took the pill i missed lastnight this morning with breakfast. Also, i took my 5th pill tonight i think it was, maybe 6th.

My nose is peeling! It doesnt look dry, but i look closer and the skins peeling off... Other than that, nothings happening. Were moving now, and its not helping me while taking accutane becuase my back hurts, but i think partially from moving, partially fro tane :S Will keep you posted. Bye!

Hey guys!

Wre moving now, so havenot had internet for over 5 days :(

My ksin isnt as oily s normal, but im breaking out of my neck :( I took new pics ill post later... My mom mentions EVERYDAY how better its getting (acne on face) and it truely is! Not as red, less pimples, less oily, no dried lips, no dry skin (unless i pick at my pimples), however my hair is VERY dry i have dandruff :( ).. Thanks guys, and will post the new pics soon! Bye!

Hey guys!

Forgot date im on... i think like 12...

OMFG!!! MY SKIN LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLEMISHES ALMOST ALL GONE ALREADY! NO JOKE! When i say gone, i mean not red, minimal new pimpls, and my skin looks amazing and clear if you are even 6-8 feet away, its when you look close you seen blemishes :( No oil, NOTHING! I DID HOWEVER have 3 nosebleeds already, and i tanned to long at cottage and got HUGE blister on nose... Not a pretty site filled with puss :( Its almost gone now though. My lips are VERY DRY though since yesterday, but i think it was becuase of the sun and forgetting my chapstick at the cottage. So, i think this is working WONDERS! Im soo happy! Im only on day 12 or 13 and am getting AMAZING RESULTS! Will i have a break out or no? I hope not :( If i do, i hope its over when school begins in 5 weeks... Talk to ya later guys!

Tango :D

however my hair is VERY dry i have dandruff

Try head and shoulders shampoo, works great for me.