Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I'm a 24 year old college graduate and I work as a graphic and web designer full time. I used to have completely clear skin until I was about 18. This was right when I went to college and had never had a pimple in my life. About a month after college I broke out unbelievably with acne everywhere. I had no idea what to do so I went to a walk in clinic and got, if I remember correctly, clindamyacin. I used that faithfully and it had no effect. Over the years I have tried almost everything I can think of, OTC stuff, Duac, Differin, Retin-a-Micro, BP Face Wash, Minocyclin, Tricylin, and probably more but I cant remember. The last 3-4 months I have been completely clear and I think I have to credit that to the retin, minocyclin combo. I would still be on this but lost insurance after I graduated and the company I work for is a small start up and cant offer insurance yet so I had to look for other methods. Im pretty sure the 3-4 month I went without my meds is what brought this breakout back on.

Im going to give the CSR my full effort until the end of september, If I not satisfied I think I'm going to get my own insurance and go back on the Retin-A, Mino combo or get tane.

Im starting this a little late as I've been on the CSR for about 3.5 - 4 weeks, I really cant remember the exact date so for the sake of argument we'll say this is day 30. About 6 weeks ago I had a really bad breakout that ruined my skin after I thought I had beat acne. Not to happy. I found the reg and started immeadeatly. Its been workin well so far until about last week I got some really bad ones, one on my left and one on my right cheek that grew big, came to a small head, shrank and left nasty red marks. The acne on my forehead and a few I had on my cheeks are gone with just red marks remaing

DAY 30

Woke up this morning and had 3 new whiteheads. One brushed off in the shower and I cant even tell where it was anymore. The other two came to a head fairly quickly and I popped them both( bad I know but they looked ready). One is healing nicely and the other I thnk is going to be a problem. Red marks are still about the same, 3 on my left cheek and 2 on my right. and a bunch of small ones on my forehead The only real active one I have is the newest one this morning and other than that I'm clear and dealing with red marks. I really hope this is workin and I'm going through my IB now but I'm wondering if it could be a little late for that to be happening although this is is the first time I have had anything since I started the CSR. Currently my reg is as follows...

Morning:

Wash with the Purpose bar in the morning

wait 10 min

Full Finger of Dan's CSR to entire face

wait 10 min

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion

Afternoon:

Wash with Purpose bar (only if my face feels REALLY nasty which hasnt been often)

Spot treat with Neosporin cream

Night:

Wash with the Purpose bar in the morning

wait 10 min

Full Finger of Dan's CSR to entire face

wait 10 min

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion

wait 5 min

spot treat with Neosporin cream

So far I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results I've gotten from the CSR and know that patience is the key and I'm willing to wait. I've been 100% clear of everything in the past and hope I can do it again with the CSR

I'll hopefully have some pics up soon so you guys can see what my current acne status is. Thats all for now, I'll post some more tommorrow.

Missed a few days because of a busy weekend but I'll try to update as well as I can

Day 31

Me and my 3 roommates had a huge party at our house. My face was still the same, marks on my forehead that the neosporin seems to be helping, and some red marks and two zits that are going away on my cheeks that were pretty bad. I did not do the CSR at night because I was far to intoxicated and just wanted to go to bed. Bad I know but there are exceptions I guess.

Day 32

What a way to start my log. I was feeling sick all day and didnt have the energy to do the reg. I did however get out of bed long enough to wash my face with the purpose bar. Other than that I layed in bed and recovered from my long night.

Day 33

Not cool. Woke up this morning and the two red marks on my cheeks turned a dark color. This has never happened to me before and I'm not to sure whats going on but I dont like it to much. Did the CSR as normal and went to work. No new acne however. Im also noticing that before the csr my skin healed rather nicely over time but not I think I'm more prone to getting indented scars now that I'm on the CSR. I could be wrong but I'm going to pay more attention to it in the future.

Hopefully I get my pictures up today after work. Im really curious to see what people have to say about the status of my face

Day 34

I woke up today with a new whitehead forming above my lip. This should go away fairly soon. The dark colored pimples on my cheek have retruned to normal color. One actually seems to have faded a bit. Other than that I'm dealing with mainly red marks and the two bumps on my cheeks which are flattening out.

Starting to worry about the CSR and its effectiveness at this point. Maybe I expected better results or am just going through a late IB but for the first 3 weeks I had no new pimples but lately I've had a few new ones pop up. They have healed rather quickly and Dan said breakouts would still occur and that people would start to question the CSR so I'm going to keep going with it for at least 3 months before trying anything else. I really hope this works.

Oh and also the neosporin seems to be doing something. Its been exactly one week and I can see some slight improvement where I've been testing it. I'll keep everyone updated on how this turns out.

Pics coming soon, I promise

Day 35

No new zits today. I actualy think my face is getting better, the two on my cheeks are still shrinking to almost completely flat. The one i got yesterday on my lip is coming to a head but its hardly noticable becuase i didnt shave today. Other than that the neosporin is really helping on the red marks i've been testing it on. And I also slightly changed my reg to not use the moisturizer at night and do just purpose bar -> BP -> neopsorin in the evenings. Lets hope this goes well.

Day 36

Nothing new today. The red marks on my forehead look good today which makes me wonder if the neosporin is really starting to kick in or im just having a good day. We'll have to wait and see. Other than that the two bad ones i had on my cheek are flat now, just left pretty bad red marks which are going to take a while to go away. Not to happy about that. I have noticed that one the rare occassion a new whitehead pops up it completely disappears in 2-3 days with no marks or anything which is making me very happy. Also I might be crazy but I think that my skin looks really good minus the red marks which is a huge plus. This CSR thing may actually work.

Day 47

Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been on vacation for the last week and didnt have internet where I was. I was running out of dans BP before I left for vacation and didnt get to order any before I left so I had to buy some on the spot to use for the week. I didnt like it at all compared to Dans cream, it felt to thin and rubbed into the skin very quickly. Im hoping the change in BP wont break me out.

I wasnt the best with sticking with the regimen in the morning but did it everynight and washed my face in the shower in the morning and in the afternoon. As a result I broke out with 2 pimples near my chin and a small cyst on my forehead that isnt really noticable. It still sucks though. I think a week in the sun made my face look a little better and hoping that it wont break me out. I was diligent about applying spf 30 non comeogenic suntan lotion on my face but I still dont know if its going to break me out. The swimming in salt water really helped my face to. It just felt better getting out of the ocean, less oil and just a healthier feel. I might start some sort of salt water soak at some point and see how that works out.

I think that my face is still pretty bad off at this point. I have one active pimple right now and the small cyst on my forhead that isnt that bad but the redmarks are killing me. If only the regimen could get rid of redmarks it would be perfect.

Just wanted to chime in and say Good Luck, my friend. Stick with the CSR religiously for three months, and then decide whether or not it's any good. For some of us it takes a while to work. :)

Does your Cetaphil moisturizer contain AHAs? If not that's something you might want to consider to help fade your red marks. :)

Day 48

A new one popped up on near my chin on my jawline last night. I had to pop it this morning because the head on it was huge but now its healing quite nicely and will probably be gone by the tommorrow morning. Other than that the one on my left jawline and forehead are getting smaller everyday but their really not that bad and are not red, more like a really light pink so its not really bothering me to much to look at. My face is doing pretty good other than the red marks still so I'm feeling pretty good today. I think the neosporin is helping a bit but time is the only true remedy. We'll see whats going to happen tommorrow.

Just wanted to chime in and say Good Luck, my friend. Stick with the CSR religiously for three months, and then decide whether or not it's any good. For some of us it takes a while to work. :)

Does your Cetaphil moisturizer contain AHAs? If not that's something you might want to consider to help fade your red marks. :)

I'm using the cetaphil that dan reccomends on the "finding supplies" page and I'm not to sure what you mean by AHA. Are there multiple different cetaphils? does switching moisturizer cause breakouts? I hope that it has AHA it in it otherwise I might have to switch but so far the cetaphil is working pretty good.

Seriously, do a search for AHA in the main regimen forum. It stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid, and helps your skin regenerate. Lactic acid is such an AHA. I don't know if it is contained in your moisturizer (I only use the Cetaphil cleanser). I imagine that switching your moisturizer may cause breakouts (if your skin is anything like mine and will take any excuse, lol). You can always ask the experts in the other forum. :)

DAY 67

Been busy with work so I havent been able to update much. Got one new pimple on my forhead, nothing to bad but still annoying. Prior to this I hadnt had a pimple in 2 weeks. My red marks continue to be my problem. They are so frustating and in my opinion are just as bad as having a pimple. The fight continues