Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilikepancakes

Ipledge can go to hell

So my doctor's nurse forgot to go to their website and authorize/put in the information so I can get my accutane. The pharmacist won't give me any medicine and now I'm sitting here for who knows how long and I've already been off accutane for 4 days.

Fuck you Ipledge. Whoever is responsible for Ipledge I hope will die in a fire, slow and painfully. It would be easier for me to buy crack cocain, an AK 47, and a nuclear missile than to get these pills. It's not enough that my doctor WROTE THE PERSCRIPTION (last time I checked, doctors were smart people) but I have to deal with some Bullshit government organization to get some life-saving pills. Yes, they are life saving, I have no fucking life as it is right now. I had a great month of accutane and now I'm being jerked off by Ipledge.

Incompetent people make me angry.

We need a forum dedicated to iPLEDGE hate. I have similar gripes.

You know what's funny? I "pledged" to use abstinence as a form of BC and I had sex anyway. Hahahaha. We used a condom and I took the morning after pill because I don't want to get pregnant, especially with a mutant child. But you know, iPLEDGE did not stop me from having sex with only 1 form of protection at the time of sex.

iPLEDGE is not effective. I can only imagine all the women who do not take their pills everyday at the exact same time and do not use condoms. Did you know that women with tubal ligations (technically) still have to go through iPLEDGE and have a 2nd form of BC? Come ... On ....

Getting a script, going home to take the iPLEDGE idiocy quiz, arguing with my pharmacist, waiting on hold for hours, finally getting my pills, and missing a day of work is some f-ed up sh-t just for me to clear my acne.

I couldn't agree more with everything said. Ipledge makes it such a pain in the ass just to pick up a prescription. I'm on my third month and at the beginning of each month I have had a minimum of 3 problems with either the dermatologist office, the pharmacy or both because of Ipledge's bullshit. I was on Accutane once before and it was so much easier before Ipledge.

i can totally relate to you guys! i've been waiting since JUNE to get accutane...first i had to BEG my derm to prescribe it, then he forgot to tell me that i had to wait a month after my pregnancy test to get it and when i went to the pharmacy they said i was "unqualified" ugh this process is so ridiculous and tedious my god...i still have 2 more weeks left i'm probably going to kill myself by the time i get it. by the way is there any advice to get the accutane as soon as possible after the month is over? when is the best time to get a pregnancy test?

i can totally relate to you guys! i've been waiting since JUNE to get accutane...first i had to BEG my derm to prescribe it, then he forgot to tell me that i had to wait a month after my pregnancy test to get it and when i went to the pharmacy they said i was "unqualified" ugh this process is so ridiculous and tedious my god...i still have 2 more weeks left i'm probably going to kill myself by the time i get it. by the way is there any advice to get the accutane as soon as possible after the month is over? when is the best time to get a pregnancy test?

30 days after the first one. The derm has to do it. iPLEDGE says it must be done after the 30 day waiting period and within the first 5 days of the start of your menstrual cycle. As it is such bulls-t, most derms will do it on day 30 instead of making you wait another few weeks until the start of your period.

I 100% agree with you, iPledge can go to hell.

I was supposed to start yesterday.... and I couldn't, because of iPledge issues. My doc's office called in my accutane prescription, but never did their iPledge thing, so I couldn't answer the dumb questions.

Partially my doc's office fault too, but I feel badly for them having to deal with all the iPledge issues for a million patients.

I can definitely understand some birth control related counseling for all patients, and continued re-enforcement of the seriousness of the matter for those who need it. I'm mainly thinking of hormone crazed teenagers who may not know their new bodies/sex drives well enough to be responsible enough to guarantee they will stay pregnancy free.

The program is quite insulting for grown women though. I've managed not to get pregnant with an unplanned child in the last 8 years - its not like I'm going to suddenly become irresponsible now that I'm on accutane.

Babies are born with FAS and FAE all the time... but no one would ever create such hoops for selling alcohol. Don't know about other places, but here in MN, it is illegal for a bartender to refuse to serve someone just because she's pregnant. Generally, the only purpose of alcohol is recreation. (I know some cultures have spiritual/religious significance, but that is not so for the general public)

Accutane is medical and not recreational, yet we have to sign our lives away to get it. My derm even vents about the stupidity of the program.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... thanks for giving me a chance to vent, I feel your pain!

~Becca

I haven't started accutane yet but I may have to soon. how long does it usually take to get accutane for a male after the doctor prescribes it? is there a waiting period for men as well?

i nominate this as the official WE HATE ipldedge thread.

blame the anti-abortionists and the congressman who's son crashed that plane into the building in florida (even though he never actually filled his prescription!). 200 abortions a year and one depressed senator's son = lack of medication for millions. when i get my degree i'll be moving to canada. ipledge is symbolic of everything wrong in america.

thank god my derm was on accutane himself. he has beautiful skin and does his best to give it back to as many as possible by jumping through ipledge hoops. when something went wrong in ipledge and the pharm couldnt process my prescription i called his emergency line and he went on and fixed it in a hot minute. i even missed a blood test and instead of holding my prescription he gave it to me and i just got it done a few days later. of course the results were fine, but i could've been waiting a week or more if he was an ipledge soldier.

blame the anti-abortionists and the congressman who's son crashed that plane into the building in florida (even though he never actually filled his prescription!).

Hehe, you are mixing up the stories - the senator's son committed suicide and he actually had been taking Accutane (although that's still no proof of anything imo, how much stress is there in just being an acne-riddled son of a senator?). That's not the same person as the guy with plane.

hehe, i feel like rush limbaugh. he was a rep too not a senator. if he had been im pretty sure accutane would be illegal now.

Nope, he's a senator. :D

Edit: OK, maybe not. I see him listed as both on various websites. Did he serve in the senate and the house or is this just crappy reporting at it's height?

Edit2: Crappy reporting. You are right, he's a Representative.

presidente'

Damnit, now i have an obscure Duran Duran song in my head, THANKS A LOT!

Lol! I find this thread very funny, beginning with the title! :)

I finished my accutane course and my derm said I had to get another blood test now that I'm finished.....

F*ck IPledge, I'm not taking off work to get a blood test for a medicine i don't need anymore!

Please don't blow off that last test. It will prove that you used the med responsibly and never got pregnant.

Think - what if you need another course in the future. They might refuse to let you if you do not comply with all the program's requirements.

Word of advice: for anyone having to deal with the iPledge program (which is total garbage btw), make sure that the pharmacy your prescription is going to has internet access. Sounds weird I know, but the first month the pharmacy I took it to took an hour of struggling with the phone system for verifying that I was actually supposed to be taking accutane (even though I had my prescription in hand). And I'm male! I can't imagine how much extra work it must be for females in the iPledge system.

I had a tubal 10 years ago and I don’t have to participate in IPledge.

My derm treats me like the male participants in the program. I must say,

It's much easier then what I see all the females going through.

As far as the overall program, I believe they are collecting stats and

concrete numbers (if there is such a thing)

to prove the non-compliance factor and will

use this information to pull the drug someday.

Fortunately, It's the Gov and anti-choice folks up against

Corporate America and money talks.

I would venture to say profits and return on investment

will dictate how much Roche will fight back.

If this is a highly profitable medication and they invested more in R&D

than they have gotten back in sales at this time,

they may very well unleash the corporate lawyers

to do battle, in which case, we have plenty of time.

warning...forthcoming rant;

Because of the reproductive rights we have as women,

the anti choice folks have bigger fish to fry.

If those rights are reduced to "if the mothers life

is at stake" or "severe deformity" then all medications that could

cause birth defects are suspect for our use. There are HUGE

issues here that we are wise not to ignore. Females are being reduced

to reproduction as our primary function in life and we could possibly be denied treatments enjoyed by our male counterparts in order to preserve that function on their behalf....anyone getting pissed?

Now, where's my burka?

end of rant...thank you

Females are being reduced

to reproduction as our primary function in life and we could possibly be denied treatments enjoyed by our male counterparts in order to preserve that function on their behalf....anyone getting pissed?

Get this: I wanted to order Accutane online and found that many pharmacies do not ship to women. They ship to men, just not us.

I hate that Accutane is being blamed for suicides. A few kids kill themselves and it's the miracle drug's fault. I bet they'd be planning to end it long before they went to the derm. Do you know how many anti-depressants cause suicide ideation in a good chunk of patients that were not suicidal before taking medication? Would these pills be pulled? Hell no. Too much profit to lose. Is there an iPROZAC? No. Are there warnings about suicide on the packages? No. Does Accutane have a warning? Yes. Does iPLEDGE inform you of the risk of depression? Yes. It's unproven, but it still does.

There exists no drug that is as effective (or even close to effective) as Accutane. It's improved the quality of life for millions. At the cost of a few abortions, so be it.

As far as the overall program, I believe they are collecting stats and

concrete numbers (if there is such a thing)

to prove the non-compliance factor and will

use this information to pull the drug someday.

Fortunately, It's the Gov and anti-choice folks up against

Corporate America and money talks.

I would venture to say profits and return on investment

will dictate how much Roche will fight back.

The makers of Claravis, Sortet, and Accutane would fight to the bitter, pock-marked end. Millions of 'scripts = trillions of dollars

Yes, I too believe that they are collecting stats. Before iPLEDGE, it's not like women were running around recklessly, f-cking whatever bumped into them, and tossing out all precautions so that they'd get pregnant along with getting HIV and genital warts, because there's nothing a woman wants more. There have been less than 200 births of exposed babies since 1982 and about 2,000 pregnancies. Compared to the millions who have taken the drug, these numbers might as well be zero. BC fails sometimes. So what? It's nearly 100% effective.

Women will get pregnant regardless. Sh-t breaks, pills are forgotten, devices fall out of place. The iPLEDGE stats will show that the program is not reducing the pregancy rate, and that because the program is ineffective, the drug should be pulled because we women are so f-cking irresponsible and will get abortions if fetuses we host are exposed. If the drug can not be tightly regulated to a ZERO TOLERANCE pregnancy policy, it is an idiotic assumption that we should not have it.

I want a goddam penis.

It's really crap! When I was in Australia, I didn't deal with this freaking annoying process, now I'm studying in the States, and IPLEDGE just drives me crazy!

If iPledge goes to hell, Accutane will go with it.

iPLEDGE needs to be more user friendly. Hell, I don't know why we have to visit a website. Can't we get a quiz in the doctor's office before getting a script? Why does the pharmacy have to be involved?

In 1999 during my first course of Accutane, I had to take a preg test and lipid profile every month and my script was never for more than 30 doses every 30 days. Also, I had to (promise to) either abstain or use 2 forms of BC, and then I was shown pictures of Accutane babies. I signed a form saying that I would abort in the event of pregnancy and I would not sue my derm. What was wrong with this procedure?

Oh hey. I remembered that in 1999, I had to take an Accutane survey (I forgot about what) through Boston University (?) and was paid $10!