Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mada

Appt with Dermatologist Next Week

Hey there guys,

Ive been visiting this website since mid way through last year looking for answers for what is indeed the best way to deal with my skin situation, and now for the first time im posting!

Ive had acne since the age of 13 and visited a dermatologist when i was 14 and was told Roaccutane was the best option for me even back then. I was really hesitant due to all the side effects, kinda thought i would just see how it all panned out and left that option.

Well since then try quite a few products, and im 19 now and ive had a guts full. So i have an appointment with the same dermatologist next wednesday that i saw many years ago and im certain he will give me a prescription for Accutane but what my question is, is this.

Is it better to start off on 20mg for say the first month?, im only toying with this idea because maybe the initial break if i do indeed have one may not be so servre? Ive got a couple of friends on it at the moment and they said they never experienced it getting any worse, im just certain this guy will give me a high dosage of 40 - 60 atleast and im kinda concerned how bad it may indeed get.

Basically if i can have personal comments on their experiences with starting dosages.