Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notsoshyguy

My co-worker humiliated me in front of everyone!

If you didn't reply when she said it you just have to suck it up. No point in complaining to your boss, unless you wan't to bring it up with her just leave it.

Guys..arent..supposed..to wear..makeup.......

or am i falling behind times here?

metrosexuals change everything

anyway, its fucked up for anyone to say that about you......

but ive seen guys with makeup on and i can almost always tell if they have it on.........i dont get in their face like..holy shit dude are you wearing makeup..i just think it in my head.

i agree that if it makes you feel better, continue.....

but in my opinion..you should ask really close friends / family to tell you if the makeup is visible at all

basiacally, if im standing within earshot of you and i can see that you have a makeup.....i would probably laugh inside.

just make sure nobody can see that you actually have makeup on.

whats the problem with makeup, grow up fool

Yes that sucks, but you have to realise that though it was pretty lame, you cannot fully judge a person on that one act alone. Hell, we've all done terrible things sometimes in times of weakness, said things we did not mean .. right?

But if you can live without confronting her, then so be it. You haveto not let it get to you

i think its bad ass you wear make up. especially if youre gay you should femme it up more and wear eyeshadow and shit. you should tell her that make up is part of your lifestyle and that shes discriminating against you for being gay.

thats the "i wanna hit the ho in the mouth" way to go

orrr

you could ignore it and continue being you, and then when you guys are alone, call her out on it. tell her that you heard what she said, and that it was wrong to judge.

I know you hate seeing this and probably see it alot.

I'm a 15 year old male that wore make up for this entire highschool time, not full face but just spot treated each little spot, be up for almost 30 mins perfecting it, used so little but people saw it and were talking, about 4 weeks ago at a camping trip I said fuck it and threw it in the garbage, my face has gone for 90% to like 30% acne now.

If you can't stop, which i understand, go to the mall or whatever and get someone to match your TRUE colour or consult a therapist.

Guest yoyoma

I would understand if I messed around like that with her, but she is not my friend (obviously not). She is my co-worker. I don't even talk to her outside of work.

Sorry I think you just contradicted yourself...you just mentioned in your original post that you thought she was your friend...now you said that she's not your friend, she's your co-worker and you don't even talk to her outside work...so she was NEVER your friend from the beginning.

Plus...like somebody said...lots of girls in the teens and early 20s are pretty self centered and can be pretty viscious at times (ok..the visciousness goes up to their 40s but you get my point)

Just remember that song..."I will survive" :wub::ninja:

Guys..arent..supposed..to wear..makeup.......

or am i falling behind times here?

metrosexuals change everything

anyway, its fucked up for anyone to say that about you......

but ive seen guys with makeup on and i can almost always tell if they have it on.........i dont get in their face like..holy shit dude are you wearing makeup..i just think it in my head.

i agree that if it makes you feel better, continue.....

but in my opinion..you should ask really close friends / family to tell you if the makeup is visible at all

basiacally, if im standing within earshot of you and i can see that you have a makeup.....i would probably laugh inside.

just make sure nobody can see that you actually have makeup on.

its called foundation he wears it to cover up acne.

this guy is a weiner. i mean come on he is going to stop eating because he got made fun of. i think the problem goes much deeper than just your coworker making fun of you.

Is your acne severe? Why else would you wear makeup...and you're going to stop eating because you have acne? I know I'm eventually going to get accused of not giving anyone an inch here, but, come on man. Your face would have to be pretty torn up to justify wearing make up all over your face.

Guest No Pride

The problem here is that you are showing weakness to humans. Remember, not all human beings have had it bad before. Almost everyone at my work is great looking and the so-so looking ones at least have one or two features that make them look good. I dont have ANY. If you show weakness, you will be made fun of. Walk around in there like you own the place. Like you dont give a damn what anyone says. If you let what anyone says get to you, they'll continue to do it and they wont respect you.

Now many people are not like that, including me. Whatever you look like doesnt matter to me. Just remember, most human beings are horribly self-serving, selfish, arrogant, and shallow. Wearing makeup as a guy at 25 is going to get you dis-respect. I know, it sucks, but thats humanity. Either dont wear make-up or dont let anything get to you and stand confident.

Are you sure that was directed towards you? That sounds very harsh. Im sorry to hear that. But what you gotta do is just push on through tkick and thin just keep going with your life. But anyways you goot get that bitch back. She already did the meanest thing she could do to bring you down now you gotta think of someway to humiliate her

Is your acne severe? Why else would you wear makeup...and you're going to stop eating because you have acne? I know I'm eventually going to get accused of not giving anyone an inch here, but, come on man. Your face would have to be pretty torn up to justify wearing make up all over your face.

Not true. Don't comment unless you understand.

I used to wear a concealer throughout my 4 years of high school, but I had mild acne, and my complexion wasn't even at all, so I used to put it on all over to even out my complexion. I would spend at least 15-20 minutes doing it because I'm a perfectionist. I still use it, but only on my upper eyelid (below my eyebrows) and on my lower eyelids (due to the dark lines), to even it out. I need to stop though because I have sensitive skin, and the more I keep using it, the complexion of my skin there won't have time to even out. Everywhere else, I just have red marks left over from acne and 2-3 pimples at any given time, but I still don't use it on that.

Sometimes people feel better if they have something on that will make it look as though they don't have acne. People have their reasons for wearing it, whether it's just a concealer or if it's powder or what have you. You have no right to judge another person like that. It's not like they're wearing eye shadow and lipstick as well. I don't see any problem if people want to use it, and people who say ignorant things like "you're a homo if you wear make-up" or "guys aren't supposed to wear make-up" need to grow the fuck up.

As no pride said though, people who aren't going through acne won't understand, so if they find out, be prepared to deal with their reaction. It's just that they've never dealt with it before so they don't understand.

Are you sure that was directed towards you? That sounds very harsh. Im sorry to hear that. But what you gotta do is just push on through tkick and thin just keep going with your life. But anyways you goot get that bitch back. She already did the meanest thing she could do to bring you down now you gotta think of someway to humiliate her

I disagree. That's just childish.

It's already been said in this thread before. She's some ignorant, insensitive, 19-year-old bitch. If she's serious, she wants to get a rise out of you. Don't let her.

You have two choices.

1) Ignore her comment all together. Ignore her if need be and don't talk to her. Then she'll look like a fool for making a comment like that.

2) Ease yourself off the make-up, and try and stop using it, because when it boils down to it, it's not helping your skin. It may be a temporary solution, but at the end of the day, you know the truth.

DON'T go to your boss to tell him what she said bothered you. DON'T try and "get back at her" because then you're just stooping to her level.

If it becomes such a problem where OTHER co-workers are making fun of you too, then it might be in your best interest to alert your boss that you're having issues with other co-workers and it is affecting your work and morale. Don't mention that so-and-so said that you're wearing make-up, that's none of his business. Last resort, you could always find another job and quit that one. But you really shouldn't let that whore's comment bother you so much that you feel the need to change jobs.

I would probably say something to her if it bothers you this much, whatever the outcome is. I have learned that sometimes its just better to get it out there, then to keep things bottled up. Plus if you do say something to her it will make her think twice about saying something like that again. I wouldn't go and make a big deal out of it to her or anything or whine...but I would definitely bring it up in a casual way...and if you are really friends it will get resolved...if not its better to know sooner than later. I think its actually weaker to not say how you feel and keeping things bottled up... I always found showing emotions to be a strength, not many people can do that. Chin up, and seriously screw her... Her opinion doesn't matter and the fact that she is sitting there talking about you...just goes to show what she has going on in her life.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I would probably say something to her if it bothers you this much, whatever the outcome is. I have learned that sometimes its just better to get it out there, then to keep things bottled up. Plus if you do say something to her it will make her think twice about saying something like that again. I wouldn't go and make a big deal out of it to her or anything or whine...but I would definitely bring it up in a casual way...and if you are really friends it will get resolved...if not its better to know sooner than later. I think its actually weaker to not say how you feel and keeping things bottled up... I always found showing emotions to be a strength, not many people can do that. Chin up, and seriously screw her... Her opinion doesn't matter and the fact that she is sitting there talking about you...just goes to show what she has going on in her life.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Keep in mind that you may feel that showing emotions is a strength, but that's not true for everyone. Some people are so shallow and ignorant that they don't understand, so actually sharing your emotions might not get the reaction you want, it's really unknown. She could continue being immature and laugh at you, or she could realize that what she said was stupid and apologize.

I still think that ignoring her is probably the best option. If she said something like that, she's not even worth your time anymore. And trying to "get revenge", as some people suggested, is stupid, childish, and a waste of your time.

Keep in mind that you may feel that showing emotions is a strength, but that's not true for everyone. Some people are so shallow and ignorant that they don't understand, so actually sharing your emotions might not get the reaction you want, it's really unknown. She could continue being immature and laugh at you, or she could realize that what she said was stupid and apologize.

I still think that ignoring her is probably the best option. If she said something like that, she's not even worth your time anymore. And trying to "get revenge", as some people suggested, is stupid, childish, and a waste of your time.

I can understand what your saying...I guess in short, I am not a shy person, and am pretty up front and blunt when it comes to things like this. I think ignoring her would be childish because your not showing how you truly feel... but thats just my opinion... I would just say something because in most cases when you do the person will really think twice about talking shit in the future...because they know you aren't going to be a quiet little mouse that sits in the corner. But what works for some doesn't work for everyone... I'm just saying this is what I would do.. If something was bothering me this much, i would get it off my chest and just say it, and then get it over with.

You have my sympathy and I don't think you're whining. It can be painful when someone you think is a friend turns out to not so great. There's a difference between a close friend telling YOU that sort of comment than ridiculing you to other people. I'm sure if she came up to you and said that you would not have had the same reaction.

There's definitely a difference between honesty and laughing at someone else's expense when they have their back turned. A friend should stand by you and defend you not help dig your hole deeper.

Like Elsewhere said this showed you your friends true colors. Don't let someone like that get to you. Doesn't mean you should completely shut her out but consider yourself lucky to have th knowledge not to trust her or rely on her the way you would a friend.

Real "friends" who will stand behind you not let you fall are hard to find...they won't all turn out to be what you hope. But that's life and life can be a bitch ;)