Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Subliminal

Accutane and Non-Ablative Laser Treatments (V-beam)

It's been about 5 months post accutane, and I have some non-acne related scars on my torso from lesion/mole removals that have persisted for well over 1 year now. They're still red, and my Derm is going to use V-beam on them for free beginning next month. He said there is a 6 month wait time after accutane for any type of laser treatment. I think this is a general guideline from the FDA, although it seems somewhat arbitrary. The Accutane brochure says you only need to wait 1 month before donating blood. Neither he or I are worried about adverse reactions anyhow, since V-beam is non-ablative.

I did a search and did see one post referring to someone using V-beam WHILE they were on accutane treatment. Anyone else have any comments or warnings about this?

Thanks

lol how did you get the free v beam??? wat did u say to talk him into it?

Oh, I should have mentioned he removed the lesions last year too. I've been his patient for over 2 years now as well for acne, moles, unspecified lesions, skin tags, etc.