Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Erythromycin is an antibiotic that can be used topically or systemically in the treatment of acne. 2% means it's in solution, and the % indicates the concentration (usually by volume, but sometimes by mass, compared to the volume/mass of water or solvent). Is "salacid" written Sal. Acid or as one word "Salacid?" If the former, it's salicylic acid (a common acne fighting ingredient), if the latter I would guess it's a misspelling of either salicylic acid or salad. In which case, what product contains 1% salad? :lol:

To what product(s) are you refering?

At work we call salicylic acid....."sal-acid" just cuz we're lazy.........it's a really common way to refer to salicylic acid when working in a lab that either makes it, puts it in products and analytically tests for it's presence in OTC drug products.....

I never would have thought salacid is CTFA approved nomenclature for salicylic acid......but maybe it is......

I'm assuming it's Salicylic Acid. It's taken from the willow tree I believe and it's an exfoliant. Like, it doesn't have exfoliant beads or anything abrasive, it just does so naturally. So they're particularly good for blackheads and clogged pores.