Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

To those who have had success with MSM

To those who have had success with MSM to reduce scar tissue:

What brand did you use? Where did you buy it? And what was your dosage?

I know you are looking for success posts with MSM, just thought I would chime in ... ;) I've been taking 3 grams of MSM, 100mg COQ10, 2 grams C, multi, B complex, protein shakes etc.. PER DAY for OVER A YEAR. As far as I can tell it has done nothing to improve my skin or indented scars.

The only notable difference since taking MSM..my hair & nails are stronger and growing much faster. I too would like to hear if MSM has helped anyone with scar impovement...

I know you are looking for success posts with MSM, just thought I would chime in ... ;) I've been taking 3 grams of MSM, 100mg COQ10, 2 grams C, multi, B complex, protein shakes etc.. PER DAY for OVER A YEAR. As far as I can tell it has done nothing to improve my skin or indented scars.

The only notable difference since taking MSM..my hair & nails are stronger and growing much faster. I too would like to hear if MSM has helped anyone with scar impovement...

LaSirena -

What brand of MSM, and where did you buy it? Thanks!

Hi Jillin,

MSM is sulpher...and you will really notice a growth spurt in your hair and nails within 2 months..I wish I knew about this stuff along time ago when I foolishly got my hair cut boy short and it looked terrible on me...lol

Here's some MSM info for starters, but I suggest to Google and start reading ...there is alot of info out there on MSM..and its all Good.

http://www.theolivebranch.com/news/msm.htm

Hi Novalie,

All MSM should be the same (except the mg's) its just Methylsulfonylmethane. I bought mine at Sam's Club "Members Mark" brand.. it was the best value. 300 tablets, 1500mg each for somewhere around $15-$17 (been a while, I cant remember the exact $) Walmart, Walgreens, Osco carry it too...and should all places that sell vitamins.

oh, I take one tablet in the morning and one at night... :D

what is MSM? :o i want fast growing hair!

I take 2000 mg daily along with a ton of other supplements....I agree I can't say it has improved my scars, but my nails are much harder and my hair has grown really fast too. At least I know it is doing SOMETHING.....

I get mine from www.swansonvitamins.com because it is cheap, but you can go to almost any vitamin store online and do a search for MSM.

Ooh, I just looked and it's on sale for $4.95 at that swanson site....240, 1000 mg capsules....

i have been using MSM and its a good combo w. retin a micro. im having really good experiences with it so far, and hoping it gets better. derms should recomend this to post accutane user definitely.

I hope MSM doesn't make body hair grow thicker as well???

Noooo not at all. My nose hair was 4 inches long before MSN and one year later its still the same. . :cool:

Seriously...no change in body hair....only head hair..thank Goodness... ;) ya, you would think ALL hair would be effected... :ninja: ...I wonder why it's not..?