Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so 3 weeks ago I decided to do something about my mild acne/oily skin. I joined the board for tips and tricks from all you guys. Since joining I have picked up alot of info which is great and I thank everyone on here for that.

Anyway, 3 weeks ago I went out and bought 4 bottles of b5. I started on 5mg a day for the first 3 days, then I just right up to 10mg. Along with the b5 I bought C&C continous control and a syllaic acid face wash (Clerasel scar remover). I wash my face both morning and night with those 2. Also, at night I will use BP (C&C persajel) all over my face. In the morning I used a tiny bit on actual pimples.

Also, on top of that I bought Olay microdermabrasion/peel kit. I read the reviews on amazon.com and everybody was ranting and raving about how great it was as an exfoliator. So I went out and bought it and damn, my skin never felt so soft and smooth after using it. Plus, you get many, many uses out of one kit, which is a good thing.

Finally, I started doing glycolic acid peels (30%) at home. I have only done one so far, left the peel on for 3-5 minutes, washed it off. Right after the peel my face was a bit red and I was hoping it would fade. Anyway, here I am 3 days later with a normal shade face, plus, i feel all the skin peeling away (not noticable, but when i was my fash I can feel it) which is great. I will do a series of 6 peels all within 5 days of each other.

I also have been moisturizing using Murad moisturizer. Soon I will start using a sunblock because of the peels.

Anyway, my skin has never, NEVER looked this guy. Its only been 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago I had a bad breakout and I was going to stop and just go back to having regular oily skin and mild acne, but I stuck with and it kept going and as I just said, my skin has NEVER, NEVER been this clear/oil free.

Hopefully I did not jinx myself with this post.

you didn't ;)

i also think that great help with this website is that you actually learn how to treat your skin and how to respect it and what it takes to take a good care of it

lots of people probably didn't have any routine before CSR and were probably doing lots of stuff wrong, and we should be grateful that finally there's a place we can learn sth, and it's great that we learn it from each other

Ok, so 3 weeks ago I decided to do something about my mild acne/oily skin. I joined the board for tips and tricks from all you guys. Since joining I have picked up alot of info which is great and I thank everyone on here for that.

Anyway, 3 weeks ago I went out and bought 4 bottles of b5. I started on 5mg a day for the first 3 days, then I just right up to 10mg. Along with the b5 I bought C&C continous control and a syllaic acid face wash (Clerasel scar remover). I wash my face both morning and night with those 2. Also, at night I will use BP (C&C persajel) all over my face. In the morning I used a tiny bit on actual pimples.

Also, on top of that I bought Olay microdermabrasion/peel kit. I read the reviews on amazon.com and everybody was ranting and raving about how great it was as an exfoliator. So I went out and bought it and damn, my skin never felt so soft and smooth after using it. Plus, you get many, many uses out of one kit, which is a good thing.

Finally, I started doing glycolic acid peels (30%) at home. I have only done one so far, left the peel on for 3-5 minutes, washed it off. Right after the peel my face was a bit red and I was hoping it would fade. Anyway, here I am 3 days later with a normal shade face, plus, i feel all the skin peeling away (not noticable, but when i was my fash I can feel it) which is great. I will do a series of 6 peels all within 5 days of each other.

I also have been moisturizing using Murad moisturizer. Soon I will start using a sunblock because of the peels.

Anyway, my skin has never, NEVER looked this guy. Its only been 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago I had a bad breakout and I was going to stop and just go back to having regular oily skin and mild acne, but I stuck with and it kept going and as I just said, my skin has NEVER, NEVER been this clear/oil free.

Hopefully I did not jinx myself with this post.

congrats on getting clear! may i ask what brand your glycolic peel is and how much it was?

www.theoriginalskinstore.com

Although I bought it off Ebay, that is their website. Pretty sure it was like 20 bucks or something like that. Also comes with microderm crystals, which are alright for exfoliating.

Congrats on getting clear, and thank you for sharing that with us! :)

thanks, guys.

just did my 2nd peel last night - left it on for 7 minutes. did not burn as bad as the first peel. hopefully by peels 6 the scaring on my cheek will have faded.

Congrats!

I know how you feel. I'm 30...got acne around 18/19yrs old and it took maybe 10 days on the regimen (albeit my own modified one--using bp cleanser & no moisturizer) and I was much clearer. Today, I have one lingering "scab" and I just beam/grin/wanna jump for joy when I look in the mirror! I've commented to people I know, but they just don't get how big a deal it is to have acne and how it affects your life. Yippeee for you! :)

would you recommend the olay microderbasim product for moderate acne?

i dont know, its pretty rough. would you get a facial with active acne? i always had a few small lingering pimples, here and there, but nothing major. so when i say i am completely clear, its not like i have come a long way, but its something i have not been in a long time.

also, what i have been doing really helped my skin tone. i have been going tanning for many years, mostly to try and dry up/hide the blemishes, so you could imagine what my skin tone was like. i had alot of sun damage/dead skin all over my face. now after my 5th peel all the other stuff i have been using, my skin tone is very even. i no longer have a red face.

i posted pics i think in the scar forum. here is one, you cant see much, just the skin tone of my cheek.

IPB Image

I wonder if you could use that peel kit if you are prone to rosecea flare ups? Does it say if people with sensitive skin can use it?

Guest WolfPleb

I think it may be coincidence. Acne doesn't improve very much in less than about 6 weeks- it takes that long for the pores to turn over and grow out the damage from acne, and it usually takes twice that to really subside.

If it's summer where you are, it may be sunlight has improved your acne- the blue light in sunlight kills the acne bacteria (in the short-term- in the long-term the UV makes acne worse- I heard in 90% of cases.)

well, i work 10hr days, so i am hardly ever in the sun. i guess it could be a coincidence, but it just so happens when i started all this i got clear. also, usually in the summer my skin is at its worst because of the humidity. anyway, i would say the peels 100% have helped me in the past 3 weeks. i am doing my final peel thursday night and will wait a month to see how everything turns out.

When you say b5...you mean Vitamin B5 right?

has it helped your acne?

Do you use pills or powder?

What brand do you use?

how much do you take, and how often?

Any side-effects?

When you say b5...you mean Vitamin B5 right?

has it helped your acne?

Do you use pills or powder?

What brand do you use?

how much do you take, and how often?

Any side-effects?

yes, vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid).

yes, it has helped, and not just my face, cause that was not my trouble area, but my back.

started with GNC and switched to vitaminshoppe cuz of the price.

5g's a day for 3 days then jumped to 10g's.

none! i had a break after the first week/week and a half maybe. it wasnt that bad, but i broke out on my face, which i never do, so i was worried at first, but it cleared up and everything is good now.

this pic if from 2yrs ago, so it wasnt that bad a month ago, but you can see that i have come quite some way. this was basically my problem area. just looking at the ton, color of the skin, etc.

post-43300-1154582639_thumb.jpg

Ive seen B5 pills that are 500mg each...

so you started off taking 3g a day, which means about 6 500mg pills per day?

Oh my god congratulations! wow that is pretty great but your solution is pretty complicated because i have no idea on what the half of those items you are using are and i have never heard of them! Can you please pm me and give me a few tips i have exactly the same look you had 3 weeks ago! help!

Here are all the products. Seems like alot now that I look at it!

this can be found at cvs/wallgreens, etc.

IPB Image

same. cvs, etc.

IPB Image

gnc or any vitaminshopppe

IPB Image

cvs, walmart, wallgreens, duane reade, etc

IPB Image

same.

IPB Image

www.theoriginalskinstore.com

IPB Image

the original skin store