Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

My solution to this problem is simple and twofold, concealer and time. Use a concealer during the day that matches well with your skin and simply just wait it out. You won't worry about the marks during the day because concealer covers nicely, and in about 4 to 6 months they will be gone.

You seriously will forget about the marks by doing this. This goes for guys as well. :D

Posted

I'd like to get a concealer, but I dunno what my skin color is and I'd be too ashamed to go ask for help at a make-up counter. =[

Posted

I'd like to get a concealer, but I dunno what my skin color is and I'd be too ashamed to go ask for help at a make-up counter. =[

True. You can ask a friend that's a girl, sister, or even mom to help you out. I'm a guy and I got my girlfriend to go to the drugstore with me and help pick out a concealer that matched my skin.

I have a few stubborn spots that I hate to look at in the mirror, but dabbing a little concealer on in the morning makes them disappear and my face looks pretty much clear all around with no pimples (with the help of the CSR) or spots. It simply is amazing what concealer can do.

Yes it is embarassing I know. Would you rather have one instance of embarassment for buying a concealer or being embarassed every day to go out because of spots. I would take the former any day because I know how paranoid I get with the latter. :angel:

Guest nec77
Posted

i've had mine for 4 years :evil:. if i get a red mark now it goes away in 2-3 weeks.

Posted

My solution to this problem is simple and twofold, concealer and time. Use a concealer during the day that matches well with your skin and simply just wait it out. You won't worry about the marks during the day because concealer covers nicely, and in about 4 to 6 months they will be gone.

You seriously will forget about the marks by doing this. This goes for guys as well. :D

great advice! uhhh just kidding

Posted

great advice!

Thanks. I know it is. :whistle:

Posted

I wonder why people come to acne.org if time is the only solution????????? give advice that will help people.

Posted

I wonder why people come to acne.org if time is the only solution????????? give advice that will help people.

I never said it was the only solution. I said it was the ultimate solution. My advice is strictly for red marks, not acne.

This advice will help people because instead of spending your whole day worrying what to do about your marks, trying 50 different products with minimal results, doing the solution above will ease your stress. Worrying less about your marks will inevitably help you as it has helped me. :angel:

Posted

i agree, im lucky my mom understands what ive been dealin with so she just gave me the good concealers she has

Posted

the green concealer doesn't seem to be helping to tone down the red marks on my face... maybe i should try a different concealer =/

Posted

well the problem is I live in southern california with English skin.. I am the palest person I know.. I have tried more makeup already than most people have in their entire life.. seriously.. and I still have yet to find a concealer that matches my skin..

plus my red marks on my face.. most of them have been around for over 6 months..

I just heal uber slowly.. and because I am so pale every mark stands out more

Posted

That's pretty much a good idea... i just don't want to depend on concealer for a long time... especially if it might clog pores and make me break out again... *sigh*

But that is a good solution in the meantime :)

Posted

The step-by-step ultimate solution for red marks:

Step 1: Look at a clock. Watch the clock for 24 hours

Step 2: Repeat for as long as required

Step 3: Red marks gone!

Posted

The step-by-step ultimate solution for red marks:

Step 1: Look at a clock. Watch the clock for 24 hours

Step 2: Repeat for as long as required

Step 3: Red marks gone!

You can do that as well, but will most likely not be able to live your life while doing it. My solution allows you to go on with everyday activities. :angel: