Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i am lucky enough to have a boyfriend that loves me. i love him too, but the fact is, he doesnt even know me. i have to wear a mask around him every day. of course, i want to be with him all the time, but i can never sleep over because i HAVE to wash my makeup off or my acne problem will just get worse. recently, ive been getting the worst break-outs of my life and its made my face so sensitive that i cant even let him kiss me the way he wants to. the truth is, its only gotten worse since we started seeing each other. im guessing its a combination of the stress of wanting to impress him mixed with his stubble irritating my face. i wish i could show him who i really am, so that i could sleep over, but i dont want him to think im a monster. i dont know how he can love me when i hate myself so much. im such a beautiful girl underneath all of this acne. theres nothing else about myself that i would change. its so hard knowing that its just one thing keeping me from being overcome with happiness. he wants me to come backpacking with him through europe and he cant understand why i wont. truthfully, i would love to more than anything in the world. i want him to love me forever.

:cry: that was so beautiful, lol. i had the same thing with a girl. everytime we kissed she'd tear up my face with her hands. i told her to stop and she still kept on doing it. so i broke it off with her. your relationship sounds so meaningful not like mine at all and if you want him to love you forever you need to let him know what you really look like. im sure he will not care. i know i wouldnt. ;)

... she'd tear up my face with her hands. i told her to stop and she still kept on doing it. so i broke it off with her...

Yikes. She was the fiesty type eh?

fredemerc, it sounds like you two are really in love. I have a good feeling everything will work out for the best in the end. :)

that was heartbreaking to read...its exactly what i went through for 2 years..that relationship ended nearly 3 years ago...and any relationships ive had since have only began with the person knowing exactly who and what i am...its the only way..listen i think you should take a bit of time to think about this and work yourself up to it, but i think if you want this relationship to last, your going to have to find the courage to take the make up off some night, sit down and say look, this is me, this is a problem i have right now, it is the outside- and it does not define who i am and if you love me, perhaps it wont bother you, but i love you and i cant keep tearing myself apart over the fear of loosing you.. i have a feeling that he will not give a damn and will love you anyway...there must be things about you that attracts him more than your face.. nobody and i repeat nobody with any desire to be really and truly fullfilled in life goes out with any one purely for the way they look-you cant keep that up..

have you ever experienced thinking someone is, you know, alright looking,not great (and i say this as a person who never allows anyone into their affections or their pants before they stimulate my brain with intelligence, wit, humour, tact, sensibilty and decency)..then you got to know them and realised they were such a warm, intelligent, vibrant attractive ,kind, funny character, the kind of character that people just want to be around..have you noticed that this person quite quickly becomes QUITE physically attractive to you... if you apply that principle to someone you are in love with-it really becomes clear and quite true that love is by no means based on appearance at the end of the day..its about feeling, how someone makes you feel and your desire to make them feel good...its unselfish and unconditional.. I really hope you can find the courage to be yourself sooner rather than going through a heartbreaking parting with someone and learning the hard way.. i know its easier said than done.. but i wish you the very best of luck..

i had a dream that i actually did what you suggested. i think the stress from the dream alone made me break out even more. true, this would be a beautifully honest thing to do, but i cant even look at myself in a mirror. i really hope that i can find the strength to do this soon. at least he knows that im sad. he just doesnt fully understand what its about. i told him i hate myself. he just says that "nobody hates you...and the only reason that people dont like you is because they havent met you yet." hes so perfect and im so crazy. anyway, if i do show him what i really look like, ill let you know. :wall:

you gotta take off your makeup a little. Then more and more and then just dont use it at all. Cuz it's easier. He must get used to you. But dont show it all at once. Take your time.

I am sure he realizes you wear makeup to cover up your skin, guys aren't that stupid...most men do notice makeup since they don't really wear it, they can see it. I know how you feel though. My boyfriend has been my best friend since I was 14...and even though I have known him for years, we just got together this year (as a couple). I had the worst break out of my life and I felt really insecure around him. I remember falling asleep with my makeup on, and waking up in the middle of night freaking out b/c I forgot to wash my face. I went to the bathroom to wash my face, and he woke up and asked if I was OK... when the morning came, he was looking at me...and he was not looking at my pimples he was just happy to be waking up next to me and was telling me how beautiful I was...all that insecurity I had about my skin...was all in my own head.

I think if he really loves you its not going to matter, and he probably notices that it bothers no matter how well you cover it up.

Guest yoyoma

so i am lucky enough to have a boyfriend that loves me. i love him too, but the fact is, he doesnt even know me. i have to wear a mask around him every day. of course, i want to be with him all the time, but i can never sleep over because i HAVE to wash my makeup off or my acne problem will just get worse. recently, ive been getting the worst break-outs of my life and its made my face so sensitive that i cant even let him kiss me the way he wants to. the truth is, its only gotten worse since we started seeing each other. im guessing its a combination of the stress of wanting to impress him mixed with his stubble irritating my face. i wish i could show him who i really am, so that i could sleep over, but i dont want him to think im a monster. i dont know how he can love me when i hate myself so much. im such a beautiful girl underneath all of this acne. theres nothing else about myself that i would change. its so hard knowing that its just one thing keeping me from being overcome with happiness. he wants me to come backpacking with him through europe and he cant understand why i wont. truthfully, i would love to more than anything in the world. i want him to love me forever.

I used to chat with an old time member of this board. At that time she had been married six years and throughout those years she always wear make up in front of her husband...one day (after SIX years...) she took a chance and took off her make up and her hubby told her in the morning that wow..you look really fresh...and beautiful...she was so happy she served her husband a warm and toasty English muffin (and breasfast too :ninja: ) Let me tell you also...she was a damn cutie too but just feeling unsure about herself.

Moral of the story:

1. If you have somebody who loves you for who you are...don't worry about small crap like acne

2. You can be cute and still has lower self confidence

3. I want to have English muffin too sometime, but no girls would offer it to me :ninja::cry::|

I used to chat with an old time member of this board. At that time she had been married six years and throughout those years she always wear make up in front of her husband...one day (after SIX years...) she took a chance and took off her make up and her hubby told her in the morning that wow..you look really fresh...and beautiful...she was so happy she served her husband a warm and toasty English muffin (and breasfast too :ninja: ) Let me tell you also...she was a damn cutie too but just feeling unsure about herself.

Moral of the story:

1. If you have somebody who loves you for who you are...don't worry about small crap like acne

2. You can be cute and still has lower self confidence

3. I want to have English muffin too sometime, but no girls would offer it to me :ninja::cry::|

aww what a cute story ^_^, thanks for sharing. I think you are right...if someone does really love you, small things do not matter... its all about the person, not some acne on your face. :)

Im happy you have a special someone in your life. Im 20 now and havent had a GF in over 3 fucking years, can u imagine that. Im worried im might be single my whole life and die miserable and alone. ANd why, why do you ask.....one four letter word and i know you all know what it is.

It sounds trite, but give it time. 20 is young, uglyassmofo. It really is. Hell, I'm only 25 and I'm still young. It doesn't help the pain, but it does mean that you aren't doomed to be alone forever. A lifetime is a long time - so much can happen - and in that - good things, too.

It sounds trite, but give it time. 20 is young, uglyassmofo. It really is. Hell, I'm only 25 and I'm still young. It doesn't help the pain, but it does mean that you aren't doomed to be alone forever. A lifetime is a long time - so much can happen - and in that - good things, too.

yeah but elses where doesnt it seem like it was just yesterday that you were 12 time flies now. Im gonn wake up one day and ill be forty still living with mom n dad working at my shitty job. I gotta get busy livin or get busy dying_shawshank redemtion

I liked that movie. :)

You know, five and a half years ago I was afraid I would wake up at 40 and still see a junkie in the mirror. Today, I am afraid I will wake up at 40 and still see a maid in the mirror. Time changes things - maybe it's not glamouros - but I've got a higher class of problems today than I did five and a half years ago.

You will, too. It's hard to find the right advice - some people just need to get out more. Other people need to settle down and stay in more. I don't know what you need. But I do know that yes, time does fly - but it also has a way of surprising people.

Sometimes it's to jack the carpet from under your feet and watch you fall on your face -

and sometimes (to be very cheesy!) it's to lift up and take you for a magic carpet ride. Life's like that.

hey,

i had the same problem with my bf at first.... i was going through alot of stress about my skin because i actually started getting severe acne when i was with him for 2 months... soo when he met me i was clear... 2 months into our relationship i got one cyst that i kept covering and overr time it got really bad... i kept wearing makeup and i wouldnt sleep over at his house.. when he would sleep over i would wear makeup to bed... and i remember he would see my acne with makeup on anyways.. he would name them like pets...it sounds funny or sick but he would actually name my cysts and pimples (in a cute way) and when they would go away he would ask where they went cuz he misses them LOL yuk.... about 4 or 5 months into our relationship my acne was really really severe (too many names for my cysts and pimples) ...he told me one day he knows my acne insecurity and that he wants me to be able to tie my hair up and take my makeup off in front of him... it was kind of a reality check for me and i was in denial still because i thought he didnt really know my insecurity (i thought the makeup and hair down was doing the trick - guess i was wrong)... it was really hard but somehow i managed to do it one day... i did it gradually though... at first i would take my makeup off and keep my hair down to cover it... other times i would tie my hair back and have a bit of makeup on... gradually i was able to finally tie my hair up and have no makeup on in front of my bf (mind you i would never leave the house like that)... my bf really loves me and tells me im beautiful all the time (even without makeup and hair up)... when he sees me with my hair up and no makeup he tells me i look fresh and relaxed... writing this puts tears in my eyes because i trully love him and dont know what would happen to me if i didnt have him in my life.... and it makes me realize that he loves me unconditionally too.. our 1 yr anniversary is next month :wub:

so i think you should tell your bf your insecurity...im sure he already knows bc guys are not dumb and they can see that theres soemthing going on underneath the makeup ( i learned the hard way lol).... love is unconditional and your acne should not influence your bfs decision on if he loves you or not... if acne makes him fall out of love with you then hes not worth it anyway and you deserve better.. take your time with this because i know its a sensitive issue.. but remember true love conquers all in the end

i trully love him and dont know what would happen to me if i didnt have him in my life.... and it makes me realize that he loves me unconditionally too.. our 1 yr anniversary is next month :wub:

first, congratulations on your one year anniversary. love is pretty awesome.

he knows im insecure about my face already. ive told him that the acne has gotten worse since we started going out. the one thing i dont think people whove read my initial entry realize is that i am EXTREMELY good at covering up the acne. my skin pretty much always looks like it has even tone and without it, i look red as a tomato. sometimes i dont even recognize myself. i dont wear any eye or lip makeup and i honestly think he just doesnt focus on my face long enough to realize that i wear makeup to the extent that i do. truthfully, im so afraid of being without makeup that ive even grown insecure around my parents. you and a few other people have suggested gradually wearing less. i think thats proabably something i could work on. i just hope i find enough emotional strength to do it. yesterday he said he would love me forever until he dies and then hell have nothing else to love but the dirt. hes sort of a weirdo, but i guess hes mine.

i can TOTALLY relate. sometimes i even cancel out of my bf( errr i don't even know what we are at the moment =/ ) if my skin looks bad that day. i hate it so much. i can't even sleep over at my guy friends' houses, i have a beautiful face BUT acne/acne scars make it so much worse. gahhhhhhhh, it gets in the way of small things like that, it's so frastruating.

It's good to know there's no lack of conceit among acne sufferers who are so naturally beautiful under all the makeup. I am not one of them.

It's good to know there's no lack of conceit among acne sufferers who are so naturally beautiful under all the makeup. I am not one of them.

ur hot!

i know EXACTLy how you feel. and it sucks a lot :confused: .. last night i went camping with my friends... i woke up at 6 in the morning just so i could leave when everyone else was asleep, not seeing my gross face in the morning.. it sucks that everyone else is able to do these things and it doesnt phase them; as for me, i have to constantly be worrying about who's looking at me and what they're looking at on my skin and how my makeup looks.. im extremely self conscious and i wish i didnt have to wear makeup, but i cant leave the house without it because of all the acne marks on my face. i'm glad to know that i'm not alone ;)

if he loves you back then it shouldnt matter. if two people really do love each other then nothing should come across or interfere in the relationship. dont wear make up. if he trully loves you then he will never leave you or stop loving you.

if he loves you back then it shouldnt matter. if two people really do love each other then nothing should come across or interfere in the relationship. dont wear make up. if he trully loves you then he will never leave you or stop loving you.

i think what im most afraid of is not that he wont love me anymore, but that he will think that the love of his life is ugly. this may not bother him, but it sure would bother me alot.

ok I'll be brutally honest here, I'm sure you're great at applying makeup to hide the problem but in sunlight, bad lighting etc I'm sure he can still see flaws and that should make you happy...he loves you regardless. Makeup really only makes us feel better I think, but doesn't completely hide the problem.