Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

The crappy quality of your skin attracts p.acnes bacteria

You have horrible rotten skin WITH ABNORMAL abnormal follicular keratinization

p.acnes likes to feed on your rotten skin making more "gunk".

IN FACT YOUR SKIN QUALITY IS SO INFERIOR, CRAPPY AND ROTTEN AND your "abnormal follicular keratinization" CANNOT BE IMPROVED WITH DIET AND NUTRITION :D

YOU ARE DOOMED.

The relationship between bacteria and the abnormal follicular keratinization in acne vulgaris.

Lavker RM, Leyden JJ, McGinley KJ.

The structural organization and bacteriological profile of follicular casts and early comedones in prepuberal children were investigated. Follicular casts were present in all samples but were not as abundant as usually seen in older individuals with acne. When examined with the light microscope, all casts and comedones were composed of numerous layers of horny cells and sebum, but were devoid of bacteria. Neither follicular casts nor comedones yielded bacteria when cultured. Electron microscopy of the follicular casts revealed the presence of small round, discrete lipid droplets, and alternating dense and less dense lamellar configurations within the horny cells. Some horny cells closest to the sebum-filled lumen contained large lipid masses, resulting in "balloon-shaped" regions. Prepuberal follicular horny cells contained all of the abnormalities usually seen in follicular casts and biopsy material from acne patients, which suggests that these casts are potential comedones. These aberrations occurred in the complete absence of bacteria indicating that bacteria are not essential to the formation of casts or comedones. Furthermore, our findings indicate that bacteria play little if any role in the initial events of pathological keratinization.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...p;dopt=Abstract

I heard you can use diet to your advantage through low glycemic eating to decrease IGF-1, the hormone that influences keratinization to promote normality. Booyah.

Note that this was published in 1981. It's possible (and quite likely) more research has been done since this article was published.

Edit: I clicked on the "Related Articles" link at the top of the abstract... there are numerous other abstracts (some more recent, others older than this one) that have similar research in analyzing the presence of p.acnes in acne patients. Worth looking over if you're interested.

I heard you can use diet to your advantage through low glycemic eating to decrease IGF-1, the hormone that influences keratinization to promote normality. Booyah.

Can you provide a link to a scientific/medical publication?

Been there. Done that.

Been there. Done that.

Link please :D

Melbourne. Why are you trolling this website? Stop please.

My friend you understand that trolling is wrong.

You entered this thread with no contribution.

Acne is a complex skin problem.

Please suggest why your skin tastes good to P.acnes!

Please read my post and visit the links, everybody, they're very interesting. I have already provided an explanation for why p. acnes thrive on human skin. It's because of evolution, and has nothing to do with taste.

Edit: The post I am referring to is in another thread with a similar title.

Please read my post and visit the links, everybody, they're very interesting. I have already provided an explanation for why p. acnes thrive on human skin. It's because of evolution, and has nothing to do with taste.

Thanks