Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use it, it works really well... but I use it sparingly

anymore than a few small spots of BP and my neck will get very itchy and red.

don't use the OTC stuff in 10%, it's total crap.

You cant buy otc 10% can you?

Once its over 5% isnt it you need a prescription, maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, my derm prescribed me 10% bp a while ago (desquam-x 10%) and I guess its very drying, it can make you red at first. I dont really like bp I think it increases the appearcance of red marks, and causes moe of them because it just dries outt eh skin so quickly. In my opinion I wouldnt use it unless you have very unsensitive skin or youre using it as a spot treatment

Yeah, treat pimples individually, so that you dont irritate the skin that is not breaking out-- only if your acne is not too bad.

If you have moderate to severe acne, you may have too many blemishes to spot treat and would probably be better using it all over, although 10% is kindof harsh. You might want to start with a lower percentage and work your way up, or go with a different medication all together.

You can buy Persagel over the counter. It's 10%.

It's prescription here in Canada, but not in the US..... I used to go down there to get OXY 10, which was 10%..... but there's other brands down there as well.

It's prescription here in Canada, but not in the US..... I used to go down there to get OXY 10, which was 10%..... but there's other brands down there as well.

Oh yeah, I'm in canada. So thats why.

I know 2.5% is the most effective so no need for everyone to yell that at me!

Cheers

LOL, nobody is going to yell at you. And just to clarify, 2.5% bp was found to be just as effective as 10%.

But putting 10% bp all over your face is generally much too drying and irritating. Most people could not handle doing that twice a day.

yea, here in the US Clearasil is 10% and Persagel is 10% and some store-brand knock-offs as well. 10% is actually much easier to find than 2.5%.

I used it and had great results. I found that zapzyt was the best 10% bp gel to use because it was water based and a gel, not a cream. Plus, it was extremely effective at killing zits. My face did get dryer and redder so I went down to 5% and now 2.5% simply for economical reasons. I would say, if your face doesn't get dry or red with 10%, then that would be superior to using 2.5%.

i use 2.5% BP 2x daily everywhere on face...then I also spot treat with a higher concentration of BP on pimples and zits. heals faster and doesn't dry out other parts of skin.

i use 2.5% BP 2x daily everywhere on face...then I also spot treat with a higher concentration of BP on pimples and zits. heals faster and doesn't dry out other parts of skin.

Do you just apply the higher strength as a blob on the individual zits or actually rub it in untill its absorbed?