Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am 20 yr old girl. I've suffered from acne ever since i was 12 but it hasn't gotten so severe until now. Well i would say that i'm a fairly attractive girl. I've tried some modeling. Here is my myspace payge-not much pictures-but at least u can see what i look like.

http://www.myspace.com/missleilakim

Please feel free to message me or add me. i would be more than happy to add you as a freind or answer any questions you may have for me.

Of course in my pictures you can't tell i have acne thanks to the magic of make-up and photoshop-mostly photoshop. I know i said earlier that i think i'm a fairly attractive girl but when you break out as much as i do you begin to feel like your the ugliest thing in the world. When i look at my pictures i get very depressesed i knoe that its me in the pictures, but then again its only me when i have ten pounds of make-up on. I knoe that i'm an attractive girl behind all the scars and pimples, but most people don't look past that. When i tell people i do some modeling (when i don't have make-up on) from the way they look at me i knoe they're thinking "why? you have horrible skin and your not that pretty" Even my own family criticizes me my mom, my aunt, etc. They've told me that i'm not pretty-basically they infer that my cousins are way prettier than me which btw they all have clear skin. I was told to quit my modeling career cuz i was gonna make a fool of myself, it's so hurtful when these words come from your own grandmother. anyway my point is i get a lot of compliments about my body its flattering yes but it hurts when they look at you like " yea you have a nice body but whats wrong with your face?" I honestly feel that soOoOo many people especially guys say that about me. The other day this lady said to me. "you have a beautiful body!" then she recommended some acne products i should try. From the way people stare or look at me i knoe what they're thinking-i'm pretty sure you guys can relate to that. but i do have one question for you guys- does something like this make you feel like your not normal? Cuz.....when u cry as much as i do-i don't think thats normal :cry:

First off, welcome to the .org. :D

I'm guessing you're korean (I'm a Kim-er too :) )? Korean families certainly are very critical on physical appearance. Korean relatives also tend to make comments and judgements without really second-thinking them (especially if you have 1st generation grandparents, aunts, and uncles). I remember when I was struggling with acne and my relatives would negatively comment on my acne but somehow insert a small compliment regarding other features of my body to not seem so harsh. I absolutely hated it. Brought me down hard. Suffering from acne for eight years is very disheartening and I don't know what else to say other than I hope for the best for you. Your myspace link doesn't work so I can't see how gorgeous you look ;) .

Oh yea, I really like your name. I've been planning on to name my daughter Leilani. Leilani Kim. I like. Haha. :lol:

You take care girl. You need to vent or have some support? Always welcomed here.

One thing you should know is that you shouldn't let it get you down. Although I'm being a tad hypcritical, because even though I know this, I still get a bit depressed, waking up in the morning and having acne staring back at me.

I'm a 20 year old male (sometimes I wonder how many males there are on this site), and I've had acne since I was 13. I currently only have mild acne, and a few breakouts here and there on any given day. However, most of it is just red marks left over by old acne. I used to pick at my skin a lot during high school, which I don't do anymore. My skin is sensitive, and gets irritated quite a bit, so redness is sometimes a problem. Not only that, but I have puffiness under my eyes, bags if you will, that I believe is hereditary, but honestly, it shouldn't be a problem at my age. Also, in high school, I used to go to bed late. Either way, that doesn't help my confidence at all either. I know that if I can fix my acne problem and the problems under my eyes, I'd be a lot happier with my appearance.

I know how you feel when you see people looking at you. However, think of it like this: go out into the world with a positive attitude every day, and keep in mind that you know you're beautiful underneath those superficial skin problems. Taking a quote from these forums, "it's not like you asked for acne."

Now, I know it must be painful hearing those things from your own family, and they should be more supportive. Maybe let them know that it really does bother you when they say things like that. Random people usually don't care about skin problems, and if they do, they're not worth your time. If they can't take the time and effort to stop being shallow and see that you're a nice and beautiful person, then they're going to miss out on that.

Have confidence and be yourself. The more you think about your acne, the more you think people are thinking about it. If you act as though you don't even have it, you'd be surprised that people won't even notice your acne. I know plenty of kids throughout high school who had acne and they were popular, because they had confidence. Granted, one or two of them were over-confident, aka assholes. Still, it shows how it can go a long way.

Just keep your head up and your eyes on the prize.

First off, welcome to the .org. :D

I'm guessing you're korean (I'm a Kim-er too :) )? Korean families certainly are very critical on physical appearance. Korean relatives also tend to make comments and judgements without really second-thinking them (especially if you have 1st generation grandparents, aunts, and uncles). I remember when I was struggling with acne and my relatives would negatively comment on my acne but somehow insert a small compliment regarding other features of my body to not seem so harsh. I absolutely hated it. Brought me down hard. Suffering from acne for eight years is very disheartening and I don't know what else to say other than I hope for the best for you. Your myspace link doesn't work so I can't see how gorgeous you look ;) .

Oh yea, I really like your name. I've been planning on to name my daughter Leilani. Leilani Kim. I like. Haha. :lol:

You take care girl. You need to vent or have some support? Always welcomed here.

Thank you mekinguwho for your support. It is greatly appreciated. And yes i'm asian not korean, i'm actually cambodian/laos/thai. I think the name Leilani Kim for your daughter would be a beautiful name to give to your beautiful daughter. I'm sorry that my myspace link does not work, i was kinda skeptical about posting my picture up on this website because well i am new and i didnt see a lot of people who post their own pictures up. anyway thnxs again for showing your support. :D

One thing you should know is that you shouldn't let it get you down. Although I'm being a tad hypcritical, because even though I know this, I still get a bit depressed, waking up in the morning and having acne staring back at me.

I'm a 20 year old male (sometimes I wonder how many males there are on this site), and I've had acne since I was 13. I currently only have mild acne, and a few breakouts here and there on any given day. However, most of it is just red marks left over by old acne. I used to pick at my skin a lot during high school, which I don't do anymore. My skin is sensitive, and gets irritated quite a bit, so redness is sometimes a problem. Not only that, but I have puffiness under my eyes, bags if you will, that I believe is hereditary, but honestly, it shouldn't be a problem at my age. Also, in high school, I used to go to bed late. Either way, that doesn't help my confidence at all either. I know that if I can fix my acne problem and the problems under my eyes, I'd be a lot happier with my appearance.

I know how you feel when you see people looking at you. However, think of it like this: go out into the world with a positive attitude every day, and keep in mind that you know you're beautiful underneath those superficial skin problems. Taking a quote from these forums, "it's not like you asked for acne."

Now, I know it must be painful hearing those things from your own family, and they should be more supportive. Maybe let them know that it really does bother you when they say things like that. Random people usually don't care about skin problems, and if they do, they're not worth your time. If they can't take the time and effort to stop being shallow and see that you're a nice and beautiful person, then they're going to miss out on that.

Have confidence and be yourself. The more you think about your acne, the more you think people are thinking about it. If you act as though you don't even have it, you'd be surprised that people won't even notice your acne. I know plenty of kids throughout high school who had acne and they were popular, because they had confidence. Granted, one or two of them were over-confident, aka assholes. Still, it shows how it can go a long way.

Just keep your head up and your eyes on the prize.

BoratForPresident, your selection of wise words brought a smile upon my face. *thank you* I did read the thread "its not like you asked for acne" i can definetly relate to all those people who commented. And yes i do knoe i am a beautiful person maybe not all da time but i knoe that truly i am. Its just sometimes the words that people say does get to me but beleive me i do try to keep my head up as high as possible and i do it for those who do see that i am a beautiful person.

I think the name Leilani Kim for your daughter would be a beautiful name to give to your beautiful daughter... anyway thnxs again for showing your support. :D

Eh. I guess I'll have to find me a beautiful wife. :lol:

And you're very welcome.

your family sounds so mean. im glad my cousins on my dads side are white trash and on my moms side were all lazy mexicans so i never here any of that stuff.

and you are really hot!

You are pretty. I love your eye make-up in those pictures.

I'm glad you see the true beauty in you, both inside and out. Pimples and red marks suck, let's face it =(

your family sounds so mean. im glad my cousins on my dads side are white trash and on my moms side were all lazy mexicans so i never here any of that stuff.

and you are really hot!

*blush* thnxs pookie! yes my family do sound mean, its not that they're mean they're just really blunt wit stuff so if they got sumthin to say they will say it to your face. no wait-not my cousins they talk shit about me behind my back-but thats a whole different story. heheh. anyway thnxs again!

You are pretty. I love your eye make-up in those pictures.

I'm glad you see the true beauty in you, both inside and out. Pimples and red marks suck, let's face it =(

thank you for the compliment erinne :)

your acne could kiss my ass for all i care, you are gorgeous!!! but if you see the true beauty inside of you, then, well, nothing else matters.

well if you ever need a Boy friend ill go out with you. Im in the same situation would have looked like a movie star if it werent for acne

you're pretty, don't worry about what you're family says. i have almost the same experience. my cousins are taller and has clear skin, and they're really good looking. out of all the female cousins in my family i'm the only one who still suffers from acne (they only had about 1 pimple for like.... a month or something) mine is worst. and yah.... I hate it when they compare me to them.

u have to quit wanting other people's perceptions of u on how u look. if u let someone else tell u what they think of u and beleive it, then your giving your power away. pretty, prettier, prettiest...does it really matter? i'll tell u something, is many ppl may want to bring u down. they see u, in your lingerie, your pretty unique face and they also see the sadness in your eyes. dont let them bring u down. work on yourself, your inner beauty...your confidence..u in my eyes, look to be beutiful physically..and u have a sensnitive and compassionate heart. u have to beleive in u and know that u are attractive and not to take on the negative comments, but the positive ones. behind every negative comment is a spiteful person. be careful who is looking out for your best interests and who wants to bring u down.

wether u have acne in real life, under the makeup or whatever...u will grow out of it anyway...i cant stress nough how important it is for u to brush off negative shit and to overcome what ppl say...u know inside that u are a gorgeous girl, u hjust have to beleive it and not have someone else tell u, but really beleive it for yourself..good luck :angel:

u have to quit wanting other people's perceptions of u on how u look. if u let someone else tell u what they think of u and beleive it, then your giving your power away. pretty, prettier, prettiest...does it really matter? i'll tell u something, is many ppl may want to bring u down. they see u, in your lingerie, your pretty unique face and they also see the sadness in your eyes. dont let them bring u down. work on yourself, your inner beauty...your confidence..u in my eyes, look to be beutiful physically..and u have a sensnitive and compassionate heart. u have to beleive in u and know that u are attractive and not to take on the negative comments, but the positive ones. behind every negative comment is a spiteful person. be careful who is looking out for your best interests and who wants to bring u down.

wether u have acne in real life, under the makeup or whatever...u will grow out of it anyway...i cant stress nough how important it is for u to brush off negative shit and to overcome what ppl say...u know inside that u are a gorgeous girl, u hjust have to beleive it and not have someone else tell u, but really beleive it for yourself..good luck :angel:

Tenshi said it pretty darn well.

Regardless of what other people say. It's all about you. If others tend to just bring you down, keep yourself accountable.

you really are attractive! damn girl, who cares what other people say. you know you are beautiful, thats what matters.

ive had my share of incidences with people mentioning my acne. its not fun AT ALL. but ive just tried to move on and not think about it so much, no matter how hurtful it is. i know coming from your family, its alot worse. keep your chin up :)

also im adding you on myspace. my display name is shesangbangbangbang!

you're pretty, don't worry about what you're family says. i have almost the same experience. my cousins are taller and has clear skin, and they're really good looking. out of all the female cousins in my family i'm the only one who still suffers from acne (they only had about 1 pimple for like.... a month or something) mine is worst. and yah.... I hate it when they compare me to them.

aw thank you shenji, and yes i too hate being compared. Mine is also the worst out of all my female cousins. all my of them have clear skin and becuase of that they feel that they are superior to me. Its very rare that you'll see me at family gatherings or parties.

i am 20 yr old girl. I've suffered from acne ever since i was 12 but it hasn't gotten so severe until now. Well i would say that i'm a fairly attractive girl. I've tried some modeling. Here is my myspace payge-not much pictures-but at least u can see what i look like.

Please feel free to message me or add me. i would be more than happy to add you as a freind or answer any questions you may have for me.

Of course in my pictures you can't tell i have acne thanks to the magic of make-up and photoshop-mostly photoshop. I know i said earlier that i think i'm a fairly attractive girl but when you break out as much as i do you begin to feel like your the ugliest thing in the world. When i look at my pictures i get very depressesed i knoe that its me in the pictures, but then again its only me when i have ten pounds of make-up on. I knoe that i'm an attractive girl behind all the scars and pimples, but most people don't look past that. When i tell people i do some modeling (when i don't have make-up on) from the way they look at me i knoe they're thinking "why? you have horrible skin and your not that pretty" Even my own family criticizes me my mom, my aunt, etc. They've told me that i'm not pretty-basically they infer that my cousins are way prettier than me which btw they all have clear skin. I was told to quit my modeling career cuz i was gonna make a fool of myself, it's so hurtful when these words come from your own grandmother. anyway my point is i get a lot of compliments about my body its flattering yes but it hurts when they look at you like " yea you have a nice body but whats wrong with your face?" I honestly feel that soOoOo many people especially guys say that about me. The other day this lady said to me. "you have a beautiful body!" then she recommended some acne products i should try. From the way people stare or look at me i knoe what they're thinking-i'm pretty sure you guys can relate to that. but i do have one question for you guys- does something like this make you feel like your not normal? Cuz.....when u cry as much as i do-i don't think thats normal :cry:

i'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. i and everyone on this message board can relate... i consider myself a pretty girl as well but my skin is just very shitty(acne scars and some pimples, i've had acne since i was 11/12)... i don't feel normal... i feel diformed in someway even though i know i'm not and it's all in my head. i want to get rid of my acne scars so badly, i'm working on that.

by the way, you look lovely! :D

i'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. i and everyone on this message board can relate... i consider myself a pretty girl as well but my skin is just very shitty(acne scars and some pimples, i've had acne since i was 11/12)... i don't feel normal... i feel diformed in someway even though i know i'm not and it's all in my head. i want to get rid of my acne scars so badly, i'm working on that.

by the way, you look lovely! :D

thank you for the compliment and your support. There are times when i'd feel deformed too but i too knoe that i'm just exagerrating. But when people make you feel that way it really isn't your fault for thinking that at all-its only normal to feel like your not even human when they point out your flaws so much.