Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bulbagrrrl

Are deep mosquito bite-like zits normal?

After using Proactiv for 4 years, recently I ramped up the BP dosage and my overall surface skin did improve. However I started getting these deep bumps that felt like mosquito bites, except of course they hurt instead of itched. I'm pretty sure they're zits. So soon after that I finally quit Proactiv and switched to the Regimen. I was doing GREAT except now 5 days into it I'm starting to get the exact same deep deep zits that feel like they start way below the surface skin and are absolutely impossible to pop (even if I wanted to).

I switched to SA products for about a week after the Proactiv and never got these deep bumps, but the SA screwed up the rest of my skin so that didn't work either.

Are these bumps/zits a normal part of the initial breaking out period caused by the high amount of BP?

I noticed I get them (however mines aren't really zits,) while on strong acne medications---i.e. BP. A month ago, when I broke down after using Proactiv, I went all-simple and just used this Olay cleanser (which didn't do much) however I noticed the big bumps went away. When I was on Proactiv (3 years) I would get these bumps throughout (not just in beginning)...However I switched to the CSR, and the bumps that I got while on Proactiv are healing pretty quickly...(I still use the proactiv repairing lotion as 2.5% BP). During the first days of the CSR however, I got about 2 of these big things, but that was because I ramped up the BP.

I mainly get these on my chin and very rarely my nose.

I get these and it annoys the hell out of me. My face is usually clear but for some reason my left side of neck get a few of these deep red spots which are hard to pop. I first got them about 6 months ago when i was abroad and thought they were mosquito bites but they wasnt as i had a bite on my arm and didnt look the same. Since then they have faded down but still leave red mark and then couple months later come back up again! BP twice a day,face wash and they still wont completely go, my right side of neck never gets them.....why? and how to get rid of them i dont know.

I noticed I get them (however mines aren't really zits,) while on strong acne medications---i.e. BP. A month ago, when I broke down after using Proactiv, I went all-simple and just used this Olay cleanser (which didn't do much) however I noticed the big bumps went away. When I was on Proactiv (3 years) I would get these bumps throughout (not just in beginning)...However I switched to the CSR, and the bumps that I got while on Proactiv are healing pretty quickly...(I still use the proactiv repairing lotion as 2.5% BP). During the first days of the CSR however, I got about 2 of these big things, but that was because I ramped up the BP.

I mainly get these on my chin and very rarely my nose.

Exactly! I'm getting them on my chin and under my nose so far. I am in the first few days though so I'll wait it out, since you say yours are going away. Hopefully it's because of all the BP and hopefully my face will get used to it. Thanks! Feels good to not be alone.

"leave red mark and then couple months later come back up again!"

That's the worst part. I get them a lot on the back of my neck and lower back. I used to get them even when my still was completely clear, so I could never figure out what they were. It drove me crazy. I thought I had some sort of staph infection or exotic disease or something. Now I think they're clogged pores that swell and swell as more and more sebum gets trapped beneath the surface. When I was stupid and frustrated, I tried squeezing them (big mistake). No, you can't pop them, but you do see a clear yellowish liquid ooze out. I think this is all the trapped sebum. A gentle cleanser + daily exfoliation, as well as exercise, has reduced these bumps on my neck significantly. I still get them occasionally, and they suck more than anything. I never used to get them in the past, so I wonder if certain medications bring them on.

I get plenty of exercise and am not on medication and still get them. Before i went on holiday i never got them and ever since they have never completely gone. About week or so into the holiday about 4-5 of them appeared and stayed for weeks. Now they fade down completely flat but the mark is still there and then couple months on i will feel it coming back up again and day or two after its right back. It is like that section of my neck has caught an infection or something which is never going. I dont think BP will solve the problem, my skin is clear its just these damn bumps.

I second the cyst thing. I get them and that is exactly what it sounds like, painful big bumps that dont go away for a while. If you can afford it, go see a derm because this type of acne is likely to cause scaring.