Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acneisenemy

What do you know about egg masks?

Egg masks are one of the few treatments for redmarks I haven't tried.. so I would like to know your experiences with them and such.. also how much egg white do I use? Do I add things to the egg white? Also.. how long do people usually put them on for?

Any info at ALL that you have on them please let me know.. I'd greatly appreciate it :D

Thank you! :)

:pray:

u should be using one egg worth of egg white and add in one tsp of lemon juice... u can leave the mask on for 20 to 30 mins...

i tried them 3 months ago , didnt work for me , or not substantial or drastic... i stopped and as time goes back .. my marks are getting lighter slightly ~

I tried it today..

I seperated the egg white from the yolk and used the yolk first.. it really is a gross feeling, stuffing your hands into such goo.. but yeah.. I left it on for about 15 minutes or so.. and then I washed it off..that didn't seem to do much except maybe make my skin a tad softer.. and after a while (to give my skin a bit of a break) I tried using the egg whites + lemon juice on my face.. left it on for about 30 minutes or so as it took longer to dry than the yolk.. It itched like crazy and stung a bit too.. then i washed it off.. it made my skin REALLY smooth and the pimple I had on my left cheek has reduced 50% in size... but not color.. but I thought that was pretty amazing in itself how it could reduce the size so quickly.. I doubt this will help my acne red marks.. but I'm just going to keep trying and hoping that it will..

Any more advice is greatly appreciated!

and I'm thinking about doing the egg masks every day for a while..

I used egg yolk as mask before. You will feel a little bit tight but it didnt cause any irritation. I used for few weeks but I didnt see any differences plus I feel a little bit wasted with the egg white throwing away, so I stop.

I read somewhere that egg yolk is suitable fpr oily skin and you should not use egg white if you have oily skin type. You can google it for more details.

HTH.

Thanks for the responses...

and I have more of a combination skin type.. the white of the egg seemed to help me more than the yolk.. but I'm going to try using both for a while..

also I used the peelings from inside the shell on that pimple of mine.. (I saw some beauty tip about the peelings) and that helped too..

haha..

i remember tryin` this..

i used it for a while

&& it tightened my pores nicely..

although.

for some reason..

it caused me to develope a lot of whiteheads

&& clogged pores.

try it, & maybe itll work for you :]

it has for a lot of people.