Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XoxkATzxoX

BP/ moisturiser problems???

i tried the CSR for one week using BP.

after 3 days my skin went so dry and so red and so flaky, that people actually started to think i had eczma on my face and suggested i get it tested out

i would use the BP and then put on moisturiser as guided. It would actually BURN and sting my face when i put the moisturiser on. My skin was so dry that the moisturiser was completely absorbed within seconds, then my face would go back to feeling dry and sore.

i walked around looking like a sundried tomato for a week before i decided id rather have pimples than this.

does this happen to everyone?? i am desperatly sick of acne and iv read about the great results of the CSR, but i am scared to go back to BP after my previous troubles

has anyone had the same problem with BP?? does anyone have any suggestions? please help, ance is really getting me down, its only getting worse :(

thanks guys xoxo

after 3 days my skin went so dry and so red and so flaky, that people actually started to think i had eczma on my face and suggested i get it tested out

i would use the BP and then put on moisturiser as guided. It would actually BURN and sting my face when i put the moisturiser on. My skin was so dry that the moisturiser was completely absorbed within seconds, then my face would go back to feeling dry and sore.

i walked around looking like a sundried tomato for a week before i decided id rather have pimples than this.

does this happen to everyone?? i am desperatly sick of acne and iv read about the great results of the CSR, but i am scared to go back to BP after my previous troubles

has anyone had the same problem with BP?? does anyone have any suggestions? please help, ance is really getting me down, its only getting worse :(

thanks guys xoxo

How much BP did you use ? and what products did you use ?

thanks guys xoxo

How much BP did you use ? and what products did you use ?

i used 5% B.P, id put it on, leave it for 5 mins, then pat off the excess. After it started to makemy skin really sore i started washing it off instead of leaving it. it did the same thing.

it really sucks, if it doesnt happen to others i must have ultra senstive skin....

that or im just really unlucky...

or doing it wrong...

xox

using a 5% was your mistake. use a 2.5%, actually to be honest the only thing that really makes the regimen work is dan's csr gel that you can order from this site, all the ohter ones i tried just caused more problems than they solved.

Some people have more sensitive skin than others. And as the others have pointed out, you were using 5% bp which WILL cause more drying and irritation.

Perhaps if you used a 2.5% and introduced it in very tiny increments, you might have better success. You can use just a teen amount, like smaller than a pea to start out with, and take your time ramping up the amount to help your skin adjust easier.