Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Acne sufferers have high quality nutrient rich skin

The real truth

The reason bacteria like to feast on it.

I have been observing plants in my garden.

The best fruit trees are always attacked by insects.

The same analogy applies to human skin.

The best quality skin is attacked by bacteria.

Insects attack the soft skinned fruits because they're easiest for them to eat. Obviously this is why strawberries get sprayed a lot harder then say, avocadoes or pineapples. It really has nothing to do with acne though.

Melbourne, don't you just have blackheads?

Insects attack the soft skinned fruits because they're easiest for them to eat. Obviously this is why strawberries get sprayed a lot harder then say, avocadoes or pineapples. It really has nothing to do with acne though.

Melbourne, don't you just have blackheads?

The p.acnes bacteria is designed to be attracted to eating certain things.

How does the p.acnes bacteria decide it likes to eat skin and not other parts of our bodies?

How does the p.acnes bacteria get its selective taste?

What's wrong with you?

Do you think you're a genius or something because you sound like an immature kid with too much time on his hands.

Moron,

If you do not analyse the bacteria you will never understand why your skin is more vulnerable to attack than other people.

Its good that they let you out from time to time. :D

You taunt me?

You think I am a lunatic?

How many years will you roam these boards without answers?

The p.acnes bacteria is designed to be attracted to eating certain things.

How does the p.acnes bacteria decide it likes to eat skin and not other parts of our bodies?

How does the p.acnes bacteria get its selective taste?

P. acnes and humans have a symbiotic relationship... it has nothing to do with how our skin "tastes" or whether it's more appetizing than other parts of our bodies. Bacteria do not think... they just eat and reproduce... a very simple life form (in terms of structure... they don't even have nuclei!) that has a complex relationship with the rest of life (in terms of function). The answer is that these particular species of bacteria have evolved to fill a niche, and it happens to be living in human skin :D You can't really explain it any other way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria

Edit: Thought this stub specific to P. acnes would be of interest to some as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propionibacterium_acnes

Melbourne. STOP TROLLING. You aren't providing anything of value to this site. Your an antagonist with no answers.

I have some answers yes. And I explore them with my fellow Acne.org'ers. Answers are fluidic anyhow and subject to change or interpretation by the viewer. I stand by my point. You don't have anymore answers than anyone else here, and everyone knows it.

I have some answers yes. And I explore them with my fellow Acne.org'ers. Answers are fluidic anyhow and subject to change or interpretation by the viewer. I stand by my point. You don't have anymore answers than anyone else here, and everyone knows it.

I do have answers

Ultra-low dose isotretinoin is all many acne patients need

http://www.dermatologytimes.com/dermatolog...il.jsp?id=65528

Yeah, and so is Zinc.

SO what. That is very very very common information on these forums. Just more Melbourne trolling.

Yeah, and so is Zinc.

SO what. That is very very very common information on these forums. Just more Melbourne trolling.

No it is not-prove it.

Ultra-low dose can be used for mild-moderate acne cases to only control oil and can be taken continuously.

You apparently are not understanding something, or are acting stupid on these message boards on purpose. I'm didnt disagree with the content of the article you linked. Get over yourself.

The real truth

Whoa, i never thought of it like that. Actually makes alotta sense... :ninja:

Its good that they let you out from time to time. :D

LMFAO

damn my high quality skin! ;)

pfft, ahahahHAHAHAHHAHAH

dunno why i found that so ridicuously funny.

anyways, on topic now:

What melbourne says sounds pretty true to some extent. Can't really be said for everyone with acne though.

The real truth

What melbourne says sounds pretty true to some extent. Can't really be said for everyone with acne though.

I am going to stand by my explanation (and rubbersheep also negated this analogy, though it sounds convincing at first). Bacteria are not discriminatory. They will live wherever they have the best chance of survival, and that can be in volcanoes, ice, fruit, bowels, yogurt, or skin. It all depends on where the particular species has adapted to thrive.

The real truth

I am going to stand by my explanation (and rubbersheep also negated this analogy, though it sounds convincing at first). Bacteria are not discriminatory. They will live wherever they have the best chance of survival, and that can be in volcanoes, ice, fruit, bowels, yogurt, or skin. It all depends on where the particular species has adapted to thrive.

I agree.

But I fail to understand why some bacteria live in certain areas and are attracted to certain foods, sebum oils etc..

But I fail to understand why some bacteria live in certain areas and are attracted to certain foods, sebum oils etc..

The simple answer is that not all bacteria are the same... they are different species, so it's like fish wanting to live in the ocean and monkeys living in the jungle. The fish can't survive in the trees just like the monkey would drown in the sea, but they each thrive in their natural environments. P.acnes are one species of bacteria with many different "strains"--kind of like how dogs are all the same species but there are different breeds. They are not the same as E. coli or Acidophilus, and while some types of bacteria can thrive in many different environments, some are specially suited to thriving in certain conditions and cannot survive other places.

C'mmon guys! No idea is too far fetched to be entertained. Some great discoveries started with silly ideas. Whoever first thought of applying a stinky apple cider vinegar on his pimpled face must be stupid. But hey, it worked!

The real truth

MelbourneBlokes' posts always entertain me, even when he has something useful to say.

But does anybody else hear a kind of wise old red Indian chief's voice when reading this stuff? Eg Melbourne Bloke speak with crazy tongue etc etc. No offence, mate, but I think you make it up as you go along! :rolleyes:

C'mmon guys! No idea is too far fetched to be entertained. Some great discoveries started with silly ideas. Whoever first thought of applying a stinky apple cider vinegar on his pimpled face must be stupid. But hey, it worked!

Yes, but he was experimenting, and there's actually some science behind it to prove that it works... Sorry, but bacteria don't go for us because our skin tastes good.