Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Does steam help clear sebacious glands?

I was wondering. I found this statement from the FAQ

Sweat glands and sebaceous glands (where acne is formed) are totally separate parts of your skin which do not touch. Sweating should theoretically not affect acne since acne is formed deep down in the sebaceous follicle, and sweat will not enter this area.

Does that mean that, if I use a steam on my face (I have this device that steams water and you put your face in it, it feels great) that it won't clear into my sebacious glands, just my sweat glands? Or will that help acne as well? I guess the same question in another form is, if I go into a Sauna, will that help sebaceous glands, and sweat glands? Or just sweat glands?

no because although its hot which will mobilize oil, it will dry skin, close pores, and make u produce more oil to compensate. steam is good. like anything dont try to overdo it thinking you're going to cure your acne with a silly regimen of steam. u'd need isotretinoin for that.

no because although its hot which will mobilize oil, it will dry skin, close pores, and make u produce more oil to compensate. steam is good. like anything dont try to overdo it thinking you're going to cure your acne with a silly regimen of steam. u'd need isotretinoin for that.

Thank you, that actually makes alot of sense!

I was wondering. I found this statement from the FAQ

Sweat glands and sebaceous glands (where acne is formed) are totally separate parts of your skin which do not touch. Sweating should theoretically not affect acne since acne is formed deep down in the sebaceous follicle, and sweat will not enter this area.

Does that mean that, if I use a steam on my face (I have this device that steams water and you put your face in it, it feels great) that it won't clear into my sebacious glands, just my sweat glands? Or will that help acne as well? I guess the same question in another form is, if I go into a Sauna, will that help sebaceous glands, and sweat glands? Or just sweat glands?

in my experience steaming makes my skin overall just seem more glowy and clear. try steaming maybe once a week and see what happens!