Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lun

Changing diet for people like me?

Hi all,

I wish to change my diet and to eat those "good for acne" food. I personally don't think that food causes acne but what is the bad thing for eating healthy and good or balanced diet? However, the problem lies in my mom. She doesn't think food causes acne and cook anything she likes. She will know if i ask her to cook healthy meals and with a bad-tempered characteristic, i would get "killed" if you know what i mean.

I think that anyone who believes diet doesn't affect Acne is a retard plain and simple.

Hi all,

I wish to change my diet and to eat those "good for acne" food. I personally don't think that food causes acne but what is the bad thing for eating healthy and good or balanced diet? However, the problem lies in my mom. She doesn't think food causes acne and cook anything she likes. She will know if i ask her to cook healthy meals and with a bad-tempered characteristic, i would get "killed" if you know what i mean.

I KNOW THE FEELING! It affects my acne.. and before I would ask my mom and such and she would freak out and get really pissed off.. so I gave up on diet... I just try to drink a ton of water and take many vitamins... and I've just been dealing with it.. I don't think there's much you can do, because we aren't old enough to live on our own and cook and such..(I'm assuming you are too)..

Where you can make healthier choices, e.g. drink more water and avoid sugary/highly processed snack foods. Perhaps go grocery shopping with your mum and try and pick out choices which better suit you. However, do not stress out about it. A drastic change in my diet did not help my acne. I am not retarded, plain or simple - quite the contrary in fact.

I'm agree with JBHK. By the way, is drinking water with lemon works well? i don't think it will affect me. AND i don't think anyone who believes diet doesn't affect Acne is a retard plain and simple because some of my friends are snack eater and yet their face are just like babies'. Any fact to support it? Food might play a role in acne breakout but not as important as other , i should suggest.

I'm agree with JBHK. By the way, is drinking water with lemon works well? i don't think it will affect me. AND i don't think anyone who believes diet doesn't affect Acne is a retard plain and simple because some of my friends are snack eater and yet their face are just like babies'. Any fact to support it? Food might play a role in acne breakout but not as important as other , i should suggest.

well if you agree diet doesnt play an important role in acne you and your mom shouldnt have any problems....both of you seem to be on the same page....if you want to eat healthier start cooking for yourself and stop relying on your mother

Yeah, just learn to cook yourself, it's really not so hard. Vegetables are possibly the easiest / fastest thing to cook too, even if you don't have a vegetable steamer all you need to do is fill a pot with water, get it to boiling then turn the heat to low and add your veggies in / cover with a pot, take them out in 3-5 minutes and you got steamed veggies, very healthy and detoxifying. Add seasonings, get sauces at the store like hummus / guacamole / bruschetta dip / pesto, and you got a decent home prepared snack. Add a salad / dressing and put the veggies over it, you got a small meal. Add some fish, tempeh, tofu or chicken and you got a dinner :) You can cook all of those just like the above method of cooking veggies, except it would be called 'poaching' and it'd take a bit longer then cooking veggies (poached fish takes about 15 minutes). Learn your seasonings like herbs, spices, salt, soy sauce, seseame oil / different (healthy) oils like olive oil and coconut oil, and you got shit covered.

Anyways there's also the internal cleansing route to take which entails things like bowel cleansing and liver flushing, and taking green drinks with chlorophyll to detox.... but the consensus with those is that they're more effective if you aren't continuously adding bad things back into your body (obviously)... But some people on here (Denise, Leah, I'm looking your way) have really knocked out their skin problems doing these things and I know Denise can eat whatever within reason as a result of cleansing over years... for other people it doesn't take that long, though. If you want to know about liver flushing and bowel cleansing, http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/default.asp and http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=76&i=83 . http://www.askshelley.com/ is another good resource.