Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lun

Moisturizer causes breakout?

My skin doctor didn't ask me to use moisturizer despite all the medication i'm using which making my face dry. Is it true that moisturizer causes breakout? Or you must use oil-free to prevent it?

Here's a really cool blurb on moiturizers that someone had a link to in their signature which I noticed earlier tonight: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....=SKIN&ID=29

I need to turn in for the night, but I signed up for email notifications for all the forums and saw you're question and couldn't resist a quick reply.

You're asking a really good but really complex question. Certain ingredients can supposedly clog pores. Here's another great link on the topic also from paula's choice website: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....=SKIN&ID=21

Check those links out and Good luck!

my derm told me not to use a moisturizer unless my skin was dry...it seemed shocking to me b/c over the years I always used one all the time. I think your skin finds a way to balance its own moisture, but if its super dry and uncomfortable I would probably use one but I didn't have that problem with what I was prescribed. Now i just use an eye cream b/c my skin is sensitive around my eyes and thats it.

How you know if it's superdry. I'm using topical anti-acne solution so it's typical for my face to be dried.