Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katz

What is this spot?

I have a fairly large red bump. Dime-sized is probably a good comparison (though it's probably actually a bit smaller). It has a tiny white head. I can squeeze it, and a tiny bit of liquid (about a drop) will come out. The longer I wait between squeezing attempts, the more will come out, but then it stops. Of course, I probably shouldn't be squeezing it at all, but anyway. There is very little to zero pain on touch.

I've had them before, rarely. On the ones I've had previously, eventually the head gets really big and I squeeze and it's an explosion of puss. I've never been sure of exactly what these are, though. Just curious. Cysts are very painful, apparently, so I don't think it's a cyst. I'm not sure.

I have a fairly large red bump. Dime-sized is probably a good comparison (though it's probably actually a bit smaller). It has a tiny white head. I can squeeze it, and a tiny bit of liquid (about a drop) will come out. The longer I wait between squeezing attempts, the more will come out, but then it stops. Of course, I probably shouldn't be squeezing it at all, but anyway. There is very little to zero pain on touch.

I've had them before, rarely. On the ones I've had previously, eventually the head gets really big and I squeeze and it's an explosion of puss. I've never been sure of exactly what these are, though. Just curious. Cysts are very painful, apparently, so I don't think it's a cyst. I'm not sure.

It sounds like a cyst to me.

sounds like an early cyst. if you get one of those again, DO NOT pop it. even if you see a head, popping will only make the situation worse. you can use ice for the swelling and maybe put a little extra BP on it.

cysts are a pain. :mad: