Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cavemanjoe

what is it called ????

ok , a couple of days ago i discovered a tiny red hole right under my tail bone , the thing is , i know what is called in my language , but i was wondering if somebody new the medical term or english name for this type of thing

ok let me describe how it looks , basically its just a very small hole or a slit you might say , with a bit of soreness around , no bumps or raised bits or anything , usually before removal it is pulled out and resembles a very long thin sac with puss in the end , i will insert some simple drawings to give a better picture

What on earth are you talking about?

i dont know what the hell its called in english .

here in malta its classified as a type of boil , furuncle . with the difference that instead that it forms as a raised mound , it forms inside out in a sort of way , i mean the area around it doesnt swell , and when its pulled out before removal it looks like a very long and thin tube with a sac in the end full of puss , sometimes its even 2 cm long , ( looks like a burnt match )

It's a pilonidal cyst or pilonidal abscess (once it's infected). Ususally they are caused by an ingrown hair. Excision and drainage are usually the best treatment, as antiboitics are usually not effective treatment.

It's a pilonidal cyst or pilonidal abscess (once it's infected). Ususally they are caused by an ingrown hair. Excision and drainage are usually the best treatment, as antiboitics are usually not effective treatment.

Yea man its totally a pilonidal abcess /cyst, its an ingrown hair on the the tailbone. Get it taken care of ASAP, my buddy had the cyst type and it got to the size of half a baseball and leaked pus that I could smell from across the room. You have to get a quick in patient operation done to drain it and pop the stuff inside it. The longer you wait the more its going to hurt.

Labgirl81/jc77 - wow. you guys are good :clap:

Yes, lots of :clap: But at the same time, that's pretty gross... I hope I never get or see one of those.

made an appointment to remove the thing , so far its not hurting or anything , not even discomfort , but im gonna hack it off before the worst comes .

plus im going to ask the doctor what its called medically , might not be a cyst at all , just to make sure hehe and end this topic