Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneBob42

Blackheads causing Extreme Redness on Nose

I have an insane amount of blackheads on my nose (30+...too many to count really). The blackheads I don't really mind, but here is the problem:

that area of my screen is extremely red. I don't experience this problem anywhere else on my face except on my nose, which also happens to be where all my blackheads are and where it gets really oily.

Just curious as to what I can do to relieve some of the redness?

WOW, this is exactly what I have benn suffering from since I was 16 (now 23) My nose has always been red to the point that it looks permentally sunburned, and When you look close you can see all the pores clogged with black junk, and the blackheads are just on my nose. The rest of my acne is around my chin/mouth area. But yeah...the red nose is the thing that bothers me the most, My DR and Derm don't even know, my DR says it reseaca and keeps giving me cream to put on it (that does NOTHING) my derm says it's not Roseaca and trys giving me this other cream...I tried both creams for 6+ months each and both don't do anything...I am starting to wonder if I am stuck with my nose like this for the rest of my life.

yes.. i have the same problem with redness and blackheads on my nose. Nothing ever helped. I'm trying mandelic acid since a few days now so i can't really say if it helps or not but i guess it's worth a shot.

Heya all, I believe i may have the same problem.

my only problem area is my nose, which has been for 2-3 years (i'm now 17), i got really sunburnt once and ever since then i've had skin problems with my nose, at one stage i thought it was rosacea as i used to flush alot and my cheeks were also red, but in the past year all the flushing, the cheeks and everything has completely cleared up, but i still have an oily nose, with large pores which i can see clogged up with oil, and if i squeeze them they'll fill up soon again. and the worst feature of it all, is its always red. mostly on the sides of the nose.

If anybody has any breakthroughs or anything id love to hear from ya's thanks.

i had the same problem, i used saliyacic (sp?) acid and used a toothbrush/washcloth to get rid of them.

what i found best was to scrub your nose lightly with a washcloth to loosen the pores, then apply a saliyacic acid wash on to my nose and leave it on my nose for a few mins, then use a toothbrush to scrub my nose quite firmly but not hard enough to actually harm the skin (dont wash the SA out before you use the toothbrush, leave it on and wet the toothbrush and the toothbrush will wash it out for you).

i used to do this once per a day mainly at night.

it took atleast 2 months but my skin on my nose is now basically clear

i think i have the same problem as you guys.

oily nose, blackhead ridden nose, and red nose. I also have some broken capilliaries.

do you guys have those?

the other parts of my face have nearly zero oil, zero blackheads and zero redness.

i've had this condition for about a decade(since 16, i'm 26) and it's kinda frustrating.

i have been to many derms and some think it's rosacea, some don't think it is.

I personally think it's prob a mixture of things: i 'm guessing rosacea, candida and acne.

rosacea because i flush on certain triggers(hot /spicy foods, embarassment, etc) and have broken capilliaries

candida because the coating on my tongue is white, and after taking probitotics for about a month, the white coat is slowly going down, but unfotunately no change in skin condition.

acne because of the oily skin and blackheads.

I have a feeling my natural moisture barrier is destroyed(the barrier that retains moisture on the skin)

around my nose, hence the excess oil.

whenever i remove the blackheads, it leaves a gaping hole(i know i shouldn;t touch them) so now i'm not gonna touch anything.

i read that people with rosacea may have a problem digesting fats and lack sufficient amounts of pancreatic lipase.

also, people with rosacea may have a stomach infection of H. pylori bacteria and possibly parasites in the intestine due to low stomach acid(which normally kills these critters).

anyway, just a rant.

I'm gonna continue with the candida protocol and prob buy digestive enzymes, esp for fat to see if oiliness decreases

I've had this as well. I believe the blackheads cause this because when I was on Accutane and the blackheads left my nose was very well toned but recently as the blackheads have continued to increase on my nose the redness is also returning. But I think rough treatment like trying to extract blackheads makes it far worse. Sucks working retail ignorant old people would also ask me "Do you have a cold?" or ask if I have hayfever. I have very light skin a real fair complextion so its very obvious.

I've had this as well. I believe the blackheads cause this because when I was on Accutane and the blackheads left my nose was very well toned but recently as the blackheads have continued to increase on my nose the redness is also returning. But I think rough treatment like trying to extract blackheads makes it far worse. Sucks working retail ignorant old people would also ask me "Do you have a cold?" or ask if I have hayfever. I have very light skin a real fair complextion so its very obvious.

yeah, i get the "do you have a cold" thing too. sucks

hey

I have this problem too, I am 17 now and had this since i was about 13.

I was just wandering if you found anything or it cleared up since you made this post?

Well first of all, you have gorgeous skin. :)

Secondly, I don't think your problem is directly from the blackheads. I think it's probably from a product you use or over-excessive touching. If I were you, I would stop using whatever product you may be using on your nose. I remember I was using a product on my chin and on my nose about a year or two ago, and my those two areas were really red. I stopped using it and it wasn't red anymore.

Kingskin

My nose is exactly the same, if i squeeze it then sebum and blackheads come out, its constantly clogged..

Do you you notice your nose gets a bit redder by splashing water over your face?

I also notice my nose looking more red if i've been working out or been running..

I've been trying to clear out the crap and redness from my nose for years with no luck, sometimes i feel like im just gonna explode with anger.

Kingskin

My nose is exactly the same, if i squeeze it then sebum and blackheads come out, its constantly clogged..

Do you you notice your nose gets a bit redder by splashing water over your face?

I also notice my nose looking more red if i've been working out or been running..

I've been trying to clear out the crap and redness from my nose for years with no luck, sometimes i feel like im just gonna explode with anger.

Yeh it does get a lot redder with water it's so annoying, i don't think it's rosacea but i think the combination of large pores excessive oil and and sensitive skin is causing the redness. I have tried everything, mino, tetracycline, benzol peroxide, zinc acetate, daktacort, metrogel, nizoral cream. and about 20 different types of face washes, but nothing actually helps. I want to go on accutane but i don't have any real acne. perhaps if the oil production stops the pores won't be so clogged and therefore reducing the redness. I've had this problem for years but i know i didn't always have it. It's one of those things that i think about nearly every day.

Kingskin, i've also tried everything including accutane which took the oiliness away but i could still squeeze out sebum.My nose was and still is red.The oiliness also returned within 1 month after stopping treatment..

This condition has held me back in a career in mma with me not having aenough confidence to train anymore.I've had it since 12-13 and i am now 22.

Like you, i think about it everyday, to the point where it takes over my life.

I have lots of scarred pores on my nose and cheeks (mostly on my nose) and find it extremely embarrassing talking to people up close.What i hate is when i read new posts about people getting rid of their blackheads and sebum which gives me a sense of hope, then when i try the products or method they never work..

This condition well and truly sucks, and i cant see myself ever budging it..

how long were you on accutane for?

If you don't wash your face does your nose build up a layer of oily uneven flakeyness?

and apart from the oil clearing up after tane there wasn't any real improvement?

could you upload a pic?

I would kill to have your skin. Its not that bad. but i had the same thing. I know it sounds dumb. But I talked to nutritionist at my local herb mart. He told me to give up all surgar and white bread for about 2 weeks and see if you notice a difference. Well i thought it was dumb but i tried at and it worked. He made a believer out of me. Cuz after that i started to east white bread and sugar again and i came back. He said something about the sugar in your blood makes it thiker and hard to penetrate through the capilaries in your nose. It worked for me. Just thought i throw that out there. It prolly wont work for every one but i guess its worth a try, Atleast for me

yea im afraid i have the same problem. its always red. i did get bad sunburn on my nose as a kid and since then it has't been the same. i noticed if i squeezed my nose there will be little thin lines of pus come out of the pores. but this still doesn't cure the redness. i have tried nose strips and they don't do anything and have scrub which i put on when in bath so the pores should open but that still does't do any good. its does effect my confidence as well and cant stand people speaking to me close to me. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.....

Hey, i have a similar problem and whilst i know that this won't be much help to most of you, i use a guys concealer, it just makes me more confident when out and i never get comments about wearing it, heres a link... Read the reviews and see what you think.

I would kill to have your skin. Its not that bad. but i had the same thing. I know it sounds dumb. But I talked to nutritionist at my local herb mart. He told me to give up all surgar and white bread for about 2 weeks and see if you notice a difference. Well i thought it was dumb but i tried at and it worked. He made a believer out of me. Cuz after that i started to east white bread and sugar again and i came back. He said something about the sugar in your blood makes it thiker and hard to penetrate through the capilaries in your nose. It worked for me. Just thought i throw that out there. It prolly wont work for every one but i guess its worth a try, Atleast for me

It doesn't sound dumb at all. Obviously, sugar is bad for you. And gluten in bread is known to cause health problems. It's not good for you, but it's in nearly every mainstream grain products out there... Additionally, hydrogenated oil in a ton of pre-made foods like chips and cereal is not at all good for the skin.

Sugar is just so addictive, though. I tried eating absolutely no refined sugar for 2 days. First of all, it was very difficult to find stuff in the house that contained no added sugar, so I ended up eating salads and fruit most of the time. However, by the end of the 2nd day, my mind was seriously craving sugar, and I ended up losing my self-control and eating 3 ice cream cones. When I wasn't eating sugar, I didn't really get any new pimples that I noticed. But over the next 2-3 days after binging on ice cream, I broke out a lot more than usual.

I know the food is what's causing most of my acne, but it's so difficult to change habits you've had your entire life :( If I had that much problem with just sugar, I can't even imagine a gluten- and hydrogenated-oil-free diet :wacko: