Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nmt6789

Went to the derm yesterday and

He prescribed a 6.5% benzoyl peroxide cleanser, Differin and Duac. I am supposed to alternate between the two every other night and use the cleanser in the morning and night. Has anyone had any experiences with duac and differin?

Hey man, yeap. I have gone through both, they're both the greatest creams there are out there... Differin is the best by far, people will say it will dry you up blah blah blah, thats bull man, it doesn't dry you at all and always works, its gentle and cools you're skin. Duac is also great, use it for spot treatment which is what I do. You will be clear in no time buddy. If you want i can post up a pic, im on Duac at the moment.

Hey man, yeap. I have gone through both, they're both the greatest creams there are out there... Differin is the best by far, people will say it will dry you up blah blah blah, thats bull man, it doesn't dry you at all and always works, its gentle and cools you're skin. Duac is also great, use it for spot treatment which is what I do. You will be clear in no time buddy. If you want i can post up a pic, im on Duac at the moment.

I use differin as well. I wouldn't say that it's bullshit, because some people react differently to others. That's why some people have success with one thing while another won't. Obviously, and unfortunately, there is no universal cure that will work for everyone. You need to find what will work for you.

Differin sometimes makes me flakey and dry, but only in certain spots (upper lip, bridge of my nose), so I put moisturizer on 15 minutes after I put the differin on.

I have a derm appointment on Thursday, so I'm going to get his opinion, and then I'll probably start on the CSR. I don't want to go out and buy things until I talk to my derm, since I only have mild acne now (red marks left over, 2-3 pimples at a time, no nodules or cysts)